Ash coming to Mortal Kombat 11?

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Yep, that's some of the classic Campbell 'creative truthing' at work!

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
Looks like Bruce won't be in MK11 again. A new Evil Dead game is still in the works though. Maybe it will be announced at E3.

Last edited:

DeathLivesAgain

Loud Mouth Braggart
Looks like Bruce won't be in MK11 again. A new Evil Dead game is still in the works though. Maybe it will be announced at E3.

Ash will be in Mortal Kombat 11.
The Evil Dead game will be teased at E3.

What frustrates me is that he doesn't want to continue Ash Vs Evil Dead if the chance came up. He's a producer, he can call the shots. He doesn't have to roll around in the mud or have blood sprayed on him. I get his motto of needing it to be hard to make to be a good movie, but Ash can just chill in his post-apocalyptic kingdom and let others take all the abuse. If Ash was just inside a futuristic pad for the whole season, talking to his friends and hot robot babes, I would love that. Or even reduce himself to a slightly smaller role (less screentime) that would be fine. Treat him like Luke Skywalker in The Force Awakens and have him show up in just the second half of the season (kinda bad analogy cause Luke just makes an unspoken cameo). Or come up with an avatar, a robot, that sounds like him and maybe looks like him, but isn't actually Bruce physically, that he uses for combat while he chills in his protected kingdom.

And I'm satisfied with how it ended, it's just that the whole post-apocalyptic scenario shown/teased at the end along with the creative team of AVED, is too good to just pass up if the opportunity came back to continue that.

But a game exploring that would suffice. I just have no idea what the game will be besides VR. The fact that it was delayed gives me hope that they took that opportunity to make it as a Season 4. I just don't know what else would be worthwhile doing in the AVED universe besides a virtual Season 4. Even if the game seems amazing, if it's not a virtual Season 4, I'll be let down.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member

Oh give me a break, he even says "i'm a bad liar" His staying face because of the NDA. Though it is quite funny to see him trying to duck and dodge the mk11 stuff like the plague.

Plus saying his not playable in DBD ?

giphy.gif

Here's a interview he recently did that blatantly show's he is in.

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/...ripleys-believe-it-or-not-for-travel-channel/

M&C: Switching gears. So obviously I’ve trolled your Twitter feed. I’m looking for MK11 clues like everyone else…

Bruce Campbell: Oh, it’s gotten out of hand. It’s gotten completely out of hand. Here’s the absolute truth of it all: I’m a bad liar. So, here’s the truth of it.

There is an Evil Dead game that’s coming out. And it’s a fully immersive game. It’s going to be very intense. And we hope to be absolutely mind-blowing, like some new game.

But in the meantime what happens is, Evil Dead’s been reintroduced. Ash vs Evil Dead sort of made it relevant again. And there’s a lot of requests just to have Ash pop up, like a guest star, in a movie, or on a TV show. Have him pop up and do some crap.

So Dead by Daylight was pretty much that. Pop up, do a thing. But people thought that (a) I was a liar that, “Oh, I thought you were retiring Ash.” And then (b) that, “Oh, I guess Ash is now in this game,” like he was a fully immersed player.

And we started to see the ads for it like that. We were like, “Ahh, don’t misconstrue this.” I’m just popping in literally, saying like a dozen lines. Like, “Hey, come on baby,” or whatever. And he may pop up in other games.

M&C: Yes. Well, Mortal Kombat 11 (MK11). That’s where all the chatter is landing.

Bruce Campbell: It is.

M&C: And?

Bruce Campbell: Sure. Well, I would have to say that I can’t say anything officially. They have alluded to it because there’s a little chainsaw revving at the end when they allude to new characters. So there’s nothing I can say, but I can say that Ash has popped up in other games. And if he does pop up in this one, it’ll be in the same fashion.

It would be like a blink-don’t-miss it or load him for a quick little run at this, you know?

We’re saving full Ash. Full Ash is coming. We hope that this is just a warm-up, honestly. We’re actually doing it because… We’re saying it’s okay to do because it’s just sort of whetting people’s appetite for playing a game as Ash, which can be fun.

He’s a big trash talker. And he’s one of the few flawed heroes. He’s like you. He’s like your neighbor being a hero. It’s like you being a hero, just you putting a chainsaw on your arm. That’s what I think is cool.

Last edited:

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member

Nope it appears to be real. Another user on reddit caught the message before it was updated.

1566947689958.png

I'm gonna guess he was pushed back into kombat pack 2

And to further prove this is real, here's a video covering the subject with other multiple accounts and someone who took video of it and documented it.

Last edited:

DeathLivesAgain

Loud Mouth Braggart
They're likely waiting to reveal it when they reveal the full-on Evil Dead game. Synergy.

They announce the Ash Vs Evil Dead game, getting us excited and then say, "Oh, in the meantime, here's Ash in MK11. Might want to buy that game and play with him while you wait for the AVED game."

Then, doofuses that don't know what Evil Dead is, are looking at this Ash fella in MK11 and they're thinking, "Who the fuck is that? Oh, he has a game coming out? That looks cool. Maybe I'll check that out."

Then, with Ash being in MK11 and the AVED game becoming super popular, there will be a wide resurgence in viewers discovering the show, making AVED more popular than ever and the numbers will show that. Then, the new owners of Lionsgate will say, "Hey, let's bring that show back for a fourth season." Sam Raimi will say that's a great idea, and in the meantime, he'll make a feature film starring Ash that takes place between Seasons 3 and 4 (Solo Ash film). But, Bruce will be like, 'Fuck you all. I'm not playing Ash again.' And then we'll all cry again. And Bruce will laugh. Bruce will then be offered bad guy roles out the ying yang. He will happily play them.

Kevin

Loud Mouth Braggart
They're likely waiting to reveal it when they reveal the full-on Evil Dead game. Synergy.

They announce the Ash Vs Evil Dead game, getting us excited and then say, "Oh, in the meantime, here's Ash in MK11. Might want to buy that game and play with him while you wait for the AVED game."

Then, doofuses that don't know what Evil Dead is, are looking at this Ash fella in MK11 and they're thinking, "Who the fuck is that? Oh, he has a game coming out? That looks cool. Maybe I'll check that out."

Then, with Ash being in MK11 and the AVED game becoming super popular, there will be a wide resurgence in viewers discovering the show, making AVED more popular than ever and the numbers will show that. Then, the new owners of Lionsgate will say, "Hey, let's bring that show back for a fourth season." Sam Raimi will say that's a great idea, and in the meantime, he'll make a feature film starring Ash that takes place between Seasons 3 and 4 (Solo Ash film). But, Bruce will be like, 'Fuck you all. I'm not playing Ash again.' And then we'll all cry again. And Bruce will laugh. Bruce will then be offered bad guy roles out the ying yang. He will happily play them.

1p90.gif
fyVz.gif

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Remember that cheeky post Bruce posted on twitter about Evil Dead Ash not being in MK11?

Well, turns out he wasn't lying.

1585129997292.png

Don't get me wrong, AoD Ash is fun and his got plenty of material to work with but is very limited in terms of the history they can do with said character. I would've loved to have seen Old Ash from AvED and his various material to draw from and reference including the first two films. Really hate to death how this franchise's rights is cut up into two sections, the ED section (ED1,2, remake and AvED) and the AoD section.

I'd rather new fans to this franchise see the whole picture with the character instead of just one section with a limited viewpoint on the whole mythos and the characters history. And it kind of limits what NRS can do with the character, but i can imagine they will do what they can with it.

I'll take it though, regardless. (For those wondering, this information came from a newsletter ad)

Last edited:

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Yeah, from the interview Bruce did with Fansided I sense it was another "Universal Does What it Wants with the License and no one finds out until later."

So it'll be a situation where they use movie audio and he won't be invited in to ADA.

Top Bottom