Ash Sixth Scale Figure by Sideshow

I wish the figure looked like this:

tumblr_nypb35fwvt1qae9eko1_500.png
 
After seeing the sculpt on the NECA figure, I'm actually more interested in that rather then in this one. Even though the NECA one will be probably "just" an action figure, the resemblance seems much more impressive to me than with the Slideshow collectible.
 
eViL DeAdiTe said:
Sideshow has now released complete details and pics for this figure: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/rev-up-those-chainsaws-horror-fans-for-the-ash-williams-sixth-scale-figure-from-evil-dead-ii-dead-by-dawn/
 
I’m still not super thrilled with their choice of head/body sculpt and would have preferred him to more closely resemble the crazed and wiry Ash from ED2, and less like beefed up and idealized superhero form of the character.
 
The clothing and accessory details are fantastic though, and the colour matching is superb. That could just be trickery for the photos, but hopefully not.
 
The price from Sideshow is a steep $239.99 USD with pre-orders beginning tomorrow. Their exclusive accessory is “Henrietta’s possessed hand” which must just be a copy editing oversight.
 
As a collector I know I’ll be ordering this, but for the price point I would have liked to see a bunch more accessories included with this (axe, full shotgun, wrist stump, tape recorder, Linda’s head, etc) and maybe even an alternate head for Ash.
 
Anyone else planning to pre-order?

Kain said:
I wish the figure looked like this:

tumblr_nypb35fwvt1qae9eko1_500.png

That is precisely how I wanted him to look. That build, that exact expression. Ash was fit, but gaunt in ED2.
 
I'm gonna be holding off til the price drops just a hair.

And yeah, Bruce didn't get that build going til around AOD at the very earliest.
 
I think the face sculpt on this looks more like Paul Rudd than Bruce Campbell.
 
Got a message today that my figure is on its way!
Will be posting some pics as soon as I have my hands on this bad boy.
 
Looking forward to hearing what you think!
 
Got mine today. 

First impressions are positive, though the head sculpt still looks a bit off to me. 

Paint apps and clothing are nice, and the accessories are pretty decent, though I would've liked to see real hair used on Henrietta, and there should've been a kandarian dagger included. 

Overall, a great premium figure to add to any collection, though I'd call it a bit overpriced quite honestly. Especially with the shipping & import fees I got dinged with. 

I'll have more thoughts later...
 
I got mine today and I'm very happy with it!

https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/834765313480720385
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/834839925216464896

Will post some more soon.
 
More pics.

https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/835524932301910016
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/835973237318299648
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/836237517322059776
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/836606732474454016
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/836952577552052225
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/838023798846808064
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/838371028602601473
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/838727044359913472
 
Reznar said:
More pics.

https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/835524932301910016
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/835973237318299648
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/836237517322059776
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/836606732474454016
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/836952577552052225
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/838023798846808064
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/838371028602601473
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/838727044359913472
Great pictures! Good looking figure. Thanks for posting.

I kind of like that the figure doesn't look exactly like Bruce Campbell/Ash, yet it captures his essence well, if that makes any sense at all. (I might be talking rubbish.)
 
Mardeadite said:
Reznar said:
More pics.

https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/835524932301910016
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/835973237318299648
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/836237517322059776
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/836606732474454016
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/836952577552052225
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/838023798846808064
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/838371028602601473
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/838727044359913472
Great pictures! Good looking figure. Thanks for posting.

I kind of like that the figure doesn't look exactly like Bruce Campbell/Ash, yet it captures his essence well, if that makes any sense at all. (I might be talking rubbish.)

I noticed that as well. I don't think it's the best Bruce sculpt but I do like the way his face is stretched ala the old film lens distort technique used in ED2 ...
 
Good call. I didn't even think of the ED2 distortion, although i think the image might have been at the back of my mind. I was thinking the figure seemed like a cartoon caricature of Bruce Campbell's features, but thinking about it, the distortion would have that effect...
 
Mardeadite said:
Reznar said:
More pics.

https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/835524932301910016
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/835973237318299648
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/836237517322059776
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/836606732474454016
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/836952577552052225
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/838023798846808064
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/838371028602601473
https://twitter.com/Mad_Box_/status/838727044359913472
Great pictures! Good looking figure. Thanks for posting.

I kind of like that the figure doesn't look exactly like Bruce Campbell/Ash, yet it captures his essence well, if that makes any sense at all. (I might be talking rubbish.)

I know what you mean. I absolutely love the figure and very happy I decided to get it!
 
https://twitter.com/SweepstakesDen/status/841753897383395328

I entered. Hope they post to the UK. Heh.

Edit - Apparently they give you $25 off items just for entering the competition too. Probably not all that beneficial if the only thing you fancy is the item you entered the competition for, but that's a nice discount!
 
Top Bottom