"Ash Vs. Evil Dead" may return as an animated series, with Bruce willing to do the voice, if done!

Ryan W.

Loud Mouth Braggart
Question I looked up on google:
Will Ash Vs. Evil Dead be continued as a cartoon?

Online news article sample (from one of many):
After playing Evil Dead franchise hero Ash Williams on screen for around forty years, spanning three feature films and three seasons of the TV series Ash vs. Evil Dead, Bruce Campbell formally retired from the role, saying he’s not physically able to handle the action sequences any longer. But he is playing Ash again by delivering a vocal performance for the Evil Dead video game that’s going to be released next year – and while talking to OK Magazine he confirmed that he would also be willing to provide Ash’s voice if there were ever to be an animated Evil Dead series.

OK Magazine caught up with Campbell during the LA Comic Con earlier this month, and here’s what they had to say about the possibility of some animated Evil Dead:

"When asked if he would be interested in making an Evil Dead animated television series to alleviate the stress of fight scenes and stunts, the answer is a resounding yes. “I can do the voice,” he teases. Time for fans to cross their fingers and hope!"

So clearly there aren’t any plans for an Evil Dead animated series at this time, but if Campbell is interested in the idea he could make it happen; he holds the rights to the franchise, along with Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert.

This isn’t the first time we’ve seen talk about animated additions to the Evil Dead franchise. About fifteen years ago, I saw a lot of fans hoping the story to the Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash movie that the Evil Dead crew put the kibosh on would receive an animated adaptation. (The story did end up being told in the pages of a comic book.) There is such a hunger to get as much Ash as we can get while Bruce Campbell is still in this world, I can definitely see fans supporting the idea of an animated series. If we can’t get live action Ash, many of us would gladly take video game Ash and animated Ash in his place.

Let's all please work together and sign this, and perhaps a cartoon, or maybe one of the other choices, can materialize!

Thank you!

Kevin

Loud Mouth Braggart
Petition signed. Also worthwhile to tweet every who may be involved to drum up support.

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Seems I can't send a message to @GroovyBruce on Twitter, but I did send a message to Bruce Campbell at: https://www.bruce-campbell.com/, in the Contact area.
Good luck Ryan. I also remember the advice Bruce gave about 20 years ago re: contacting him as a fan via the internet was that he tends to avoid reading any messages sent to him with titles like "Dude! .. your rock!" etc. so he asked that people use more serious/sensible titles to get him to read unsolicited messages.

Ryan W.

Loud Mouth Braggart
Good luck Ryan. I also remember the advice Bruce gave about 20 years ago re: contacting him as a fan via the internet was that he tends to avoid reading any messages sent to him with titles like "Dude! .. your rock!" etc. so he asked that people use more serious/sensible titles to get him to read unsolicited messages.

Yeah, I was more formal in my message. Hope he responds.

In case it wasn't formal enough, how would you guys phrase the message to sound professional and everything?

Ryan W.

Loud Mouth Braggart
How does this sound?:

Dear Mr. Campbell;

Greetings! My name is Ryan William, and am a huge fan of you and your work, especially the Evil Dead-related material made with co-producer Robert Tapert and co-producer/writer/director Sam Raimi, and your playing as Ash Williams. I've seen all the related movies, all of the "Ash Vs. Evil Dead" TV show that was on Starz from 2015-2018, and possess them all on DVD. Since the cancelling of your show, and your establishment that you wouldn't play Ash Williams anymore, as you couldn't do the hilarious stunts anymore, I started a change.org petition to continue the TV show as a season 4 comic, first by just IDW Publishing, but then Dark Horse Comics as well. I even went so far as to spend San Diego: Comic Con 2018 and 2019 giving small booklets about my petition to booth reps for both IDW Publishing and Dark Horse Comics there. Then came word of the upcoming video game, where I heard from others online that it was going to continue the show, and you established you'd do the voice of Ash for it, so I changed my petition page to suggest bonus comic stories and/or a comic continuation of the events after the game. Once the news came that the game wasn't a continuation of the TV show (but still amazing-looking), I made my last change to my petition: "Ash Vs. Evil Dead: Continuation as Comic, Novel, Cartoon, or Video Game."

Here it is:

https://www.change.org/p/sam-raimi-bruce-campbell-and-robert-tapert

There were a number of online articles from December that stated that you guys might consider doing a cartoon-continuation, and that if so, you'd definitely reprise your (vocal) role of Ash Williams again. If you could please help me promote my petition to make this, or some other non-live-action continuation happen, I would be eternally grateful!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, and will definitely see Evil Dead Rise later this year, with it's all new Evil Dead protagonists, which I know you helped produce, as well.

Stay forever groovy, sir! :)

Sincerely,
Ryan William

Last edited:

Ryan W.

Loud Mouth Braggart
How long should I wait until I send this to him, as I tried to message him a week or two ago?

Morsoth

Loud Mouth Braggart
I'm late to the discussion, but I'm not sure a petition is the way to go. I mean... you cannot force people into doing something only because some Internet folks signed in hope it happens. If it happens, it's because the people involved wanted to make it.

However, an animated movie (or series) would be great to conclude the TV series storyline. No CGI animation tho... I want good ol' 2D animated cells!

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
They also have to prove AvED is a profitable project.

Ryan W.

Loud Mouth Braggart
Made a Facebook group for this, where members can vote for what non-live-action continuation they want, and express how to go about making it happen:

If you want to join, please be honest in your 3 questions you have to answer to join. Thanks! :)

Top Bottom