Ash vs Evil Dead S03E04: Unfinished Business Discussion [SPOILERS]

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
So episode 4 opens up with Ash dismembering evil Brock before his hand goes haywire which he blames on Pablo seemingly forgetting Deadite Candy decided to bite it while they battled it out in the casket. After that we get some more of that great back and forth between Brock and Ash who I'm glad wasn't a force ghost throughout the entire episode. Now I enjoy how Kelly can walk into a place with a bunch of body parts laying around without batting an eye, but was Brandy really going to go out still covered in blood... or did she take a look at the mess Brock left in the shower before deciding to do so at Ruby's house?!? Kelly comes out with the high school comment before calling her Daria which I thought was brilliant as it was unexpected. Oh, and so was Pablo turning into a Deadite/human lawn dart crashing into the truck with full force. I figured we would see Pablo slowly turn in the end, but wouldn't see it in full until next weeks episode with some of the stills we had seen. After that we see Pablo going apeshit by drop kicking the shit out of the windows of the trailer which I thought must be super strong before Kelly said Ash upgrade with bulletproof glass. Nice touch by everyone, but Kelly really should get that new mustachioed growth on her leg checked out in the off week. Last week's episode I mentioned meat and potatoes, but this week we get some cheese with the It's A Wonderful Life segment which starts with Ash walking into a door Brock just past through, haha. I'm just not sure what to think about Brock keeping a corpse of a member of the KoS in his store basement along with Ash's middle name being Joanna. However, this interaction with the AvED Twitter account after I asked if he was named after his mom gives me hope we will learn more about Ash's lineage in the future.

even if the half brained part scares me in the sense that they might not go too in depth. I personally thought Kaya in the book looked cool, but if Ruby has to go find her a host body it means Lucy and Danielle Cormack (a fellowette Xena alum) will have screen time together. I'm excited about the second half of the season no matter what goes down.

/Creepy babies are still creepy.

Last edited:

Henrietta Knowby

S-Mart Clerk
if ash chainsaws that little kid, I might have to wash my hands of the whole thing. demon or not, it's still a kid.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
if ash chainsaws that little kid, I might have to wash my hands of the whole thing. demon or not, it's still a kid.

Uhh, He blew a entire demonic kid away with his shotgun in s1. This is no different. and if it helps

I highly doubt his gonna kill this spawn off when it's a child, i get the feeling were gonna see it grow up into a adult looking version of ash. It's already got the chainsaw growing out of it's arm.

Side Note

I've been seeing con's about the cgi on the kids mouth, and i just wanna point out the reason why it looks terrible is because of budgetary reasons and them pacing out their budget this season and the parents not allowing practical prosthetic's be put on the kid for obvious reasons. (the second part is explained in the BTS video for this episode)

Last edited:

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
I think they took that from a scene in scrooged, where one of the ghosts does the same thing to bill murray.

Oh, I haven't seen Scrooged in forever so I was just going off Brock mentioning It's A Wonderful Life while showing Ash what happened way back in 2012.

This comment is a bit perplexing because Ash has dealt with creepy kids before, and they didn't even eat a ladies boyfriend to help them grow up quickly... or lay in a crib sucking on his thumb while the rest of his phalanges serve as a mobile. They just had black soulless eyes which reminds me of some of the people who live in the area where I live.

LFaOI8e.gif

Last edited:

Henrietta Knowby

S-Mart Clerk
Oh, I haven't seen Scrooged in forever so I was just going off Brock mentioning It's A Wonderful Life while showing Ash what happened way back in 2012.

This comment is a bit perplexing because Ash has dealt with creepy kids before, and they didn't even eat a ladies boyfriend to help they grow... or lay in a crib sucking on his thumb.

LFaOI8e.gif
yeah, sorry, my mistake...I thought I was allowed to share an opinion without being critiqued and proven wrong. guess not.

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
yeah, sorry, my mistake...I thought I was allowed to share an opinion without being critiqued and proven wrong. guess not.

You are allowed to share your thoughts, and this is a forum in which people can and will respond to whatever you type. I thought for a split second we were going to see Ash take a swing at him with the sink, but something tells me this evil little kid is smarter than the last batch so he will live to fight another day. It will be more interesting to see how Natalie handles herself when doing battle with the demon spawn as I would be surprised if she made it out of the house alive even if she did manage to outlast Dalton twice.

Last edited:

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
No fighting, y'all :)

I'm pretty sure it might grow up to be the abomination Ash fights at the end of this season.
I'm glad I'm not alone in finding them deciding to change the rules RE how demon spawn are born annoying. IDK why it bothers me so much but it does.

And because no one noticed yet - she's Natalie and her boyfriend was Eric - remake jokes?

Last edited:
Reactions: DyD

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
That scene felt genuinely funny and I think the show could benefit from her sticking around. I actually laughed and it felt so much more organic than the forced one liners and sex jokes

They did make sure to toss in the "large foreign person" comment which I thought was out of place, and now that I think about that I realize my above comment about hitting the kid with the everything including the attic sink wouldn't have worked since she is handcuffed to it. Ash would have to sacrifice her and his hand.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
I love Dana's choice of background music for the time elapse footage!

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
OUCH

Also wow, this is the third time Bruce's ripped a hamstring while filming something. Injury's been nagging him since Burn Notice.

Top Bottom