Attention fellow Deadites!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wise21
  • Start date Start date
W

Wise21

Guest
Hi all, new to this site. I must say, as an Evil Dead fan, I am comparatively inadequate to all of you - pretty damn envious! I am in my final year of my Film Studies degree, deciding to do a research report and essay on The Evil Dead. I would really appreciate a bit of help/discussion/debate. For me, the film is an absolute classic because it fuses generic elements from horror and comedy perfectly. Witty/cheesy dialogue and glorious over-acting teamed with absolute grittiness, brutality, gore and well...an unpleasant tree to say the least. It scares me, it makes me laugh and has continuously done so since I first saw it at the age of 14. SO - how about you guys? What is it that you love about The Evil Dead? In your personal opinion, what is it about the film that makes it decidedly 'cult'? What brought you to this site? Any responses are much appreciated! Phew...- after all that, I'm in the mood to watch it again.
 
Josh Becker, one of the original crew on the first Evil Dead film wrote a personal diary of his time working on part one's location shoot. He eventually typed it up 18 years later from his hand written journal. This remains (apart from DVD deleted scenes and independent cast and crew photographs of re-shots etc.) the ONLY making of 'documentary' from The Evil Dead and was never published:

http://www.angelfire.com/la/FaceOfDeath/THEEVILDEADJOURNAL.html

.. this diary used to be on Josh Becker's website but not anymore. This is worth using the last ink in your printer/burning onto disc before it's lost forever.
 
Top Bottom