Black Friday official trailer

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
I am excited for this (and yes I'm going to watch the hell out of that Hallmark Movie when it drops, he's going to sing and play guitar in it and I'm excited for that too).

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
DcOpeRn.jpg

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Cute!

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Hah, this looks fun!

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart
I just watched it. I think some of the reviews are way too harsh. Some effects are cheap. Some of the humor suffers from bad editing and acting. But the movie is not dumb. In mainstream movie standards I would rate it 06/10 (+x if you are an ED / Bruce fan). Like one of the better AvED episodes. No masterpiece, but not a waste of time either.

Last edited:

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
I need to see this. I have an extremely high tolerance for Bruce-related cheese and it can't be worse than say, Alien Apocalypse.

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
I need to see this. I have an extremely high tolerance for Bruce-related cheese and it can't be worse than say, Alien Apocalypse.
Oi! , I liked Alien Apocalypse! ;)

I finally got around to watching Black Friday ..

The 2021 comedy horror Black Friday was better than I was expecting.

The basic storyline is it's a night shift Black Friday sale with the regular customer madness, slamming on the Toys R Us style stores doors desperate for the store to open for their bargains. We meet every cliché of staff member (the staff supervisors who need to get a life, the trainee, the hero 'I've been here for ten years kid' guy, a Walt Disney type senior manager played by Bruce Campbell, the earnest cash register girl, the temp on his first ever retail shift etc). None of the staff want to be there because it's Thanksgiving except Bruce's character. We find out why later in the film during a sort of The Breakfast Club style confessional scene when they're all bolt holed in the warehouse.

Things I liked about this film. There's no real heroes. The staff all have their good and bad moments. Visually, it's a mixture of DEMONS, THE BLOB and with a THE MIST type of vibe due to the setting. The F/X are extremely '80's creature feature so you get loads of rubber monsters and some splatter, very well done by 80's F/X veteran Robert Kurtzman of KNB fame It also has a fun survival theme that will have you shouting "YOU IDIOTS! .. THAT WALL BEHIND YOU IS COVERED IN TOOLS. GET THE TOOLS?!" .. or "OK, WELL DONE FOR ESCAPING THROUGH THAT TRAP DOOR BUT SHOULDN'T YOU CLOSE IT NOW AND PUSH SOMETHING AGAINST IT!!". I think the director and Bruce Campbell did that on purpose :chuckle:. They (the film producers) know we grew up watching B-Movies so they don't waste our time in explaining why customers are turning into demons, something's mumbled on a TV set in the background for about ten seconds about a meteor shower and that's it.

There's one scene that reminded me of the kids in Jurassic Park where they were shuffling round that kitchen to hide from the Velociraptors. There's a similar tightly shot and edited scene in this film except our middle aged hero decides to put on a pair of roller skates while he's being stalked? .. it's blatantly a horror comedy.

(There's also a little Evil Dead in joke line Bruce delivers)

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
It's a fun little movie! Currently airing on Starz for those looking for holiday entertainment.

Top Bottom