- Joined
- Jan 20, 2008
I've just watched a pretty decent horror/thriller distributed by Sam Raimi.
Our heroine is about to jump off a cliff when a stranger appears and starts chatting with her.
He doesn't tell her not to jump, he just shares some of his life's woes with her then leaves. She changes her mind.
I don't want to give too much of the story away but a serial killer gets involved, paralyses her with an injection and that's most of the movie.
Watching as a viewer though, I couldn't help but start to feel sorry for the bad guy. He has so much bad luck whilst trying to be evil that it almost became a comedy film and I started feeling sorry for him instead of his victim. A bit like when you're watching a Road Runner cartoon: you know Wyle E Coyote's the bad guy for chasing Roadrunner but all the bad breaks that Coyote gets makes you laugh.
The film was released last year under Raimi Productions.
www.imdb.com
Our heroine is about to jump off a cliff when a stranger appears and starts chatting with her.
He doesn't tell her not to jump, he just shares some of his life's woes with her then leaves. She changes her mind.
I don't want to give too much of the story away but a serial killer gets involved, paralyses her with an injection and that's most of the movie.
Watching as a viewer though, I couldn't help but start to feel sorry for the bad guy. He has so much bad luck whilst trying to be evil that it almost became a comedy film and I started feeling sorry for him instead of his victim. A bit like when you're watching a Road Runner cartoon: you know Wyle E Coyote's the bad guy for chasing Roadrunner but all the bad breaks that Coyote gets makes you laugh.
The film was released last year under Raimi Productions.