ED Video Game Idea-How does it sound?

Will such a game like this ever happen?

  • Yes

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

    Votes: 2 40.0%

  • Total voters
    5

Toxic34

S-Mart Clerk
Joined
Nov 12, 2016
This is an idea for an Evil Dead video game that I have, that I think would be very good, and that Sam, Bruce, Rob Tapert and the others should consider bringing to video game developers and publishers, perhaps as a tie-in for the show's finale and possible 5th film conclusion. Simply put, it is a game that spans the entire ED film and show universe, beginning to end. A faithful recreation of each film and season, along with additional scenes, dialogue and enemies (more Deadites to slay!), as well as meta humor and celebrity cameos poking fun at the series, video game tropes, and Sam Raimi's career. The features, as I can imagine in they'd be in a press release, are below. Tell me what you think of it, and whether it could become a reality.

-Title is simply The Evil Dead, with a full-fledged recreation of the iconic original poster for the front artwork. Back artwork is a side-by-side posting of Ash in the first season poster of AvED, and Mia's leaving the cabin shown in the ED 2013 poster, and smaller figures of Ruby, Pablo and Kelly and the Necronomicon in between.
-Campaign that has you play as various characters, and in different game genres/styles. Play as Ash, Mia, Pablo, Kelly and Ruby!
-Faithful recreations of the environments and events of all the films and episodes of the Starz series. Play the entire franchise!
-Motion-capture and re-recorded and new dialogue from Bruce Campbell, Ellen Sandweiss, Embeth Davidtz, Jane Levy, Dana DeLorenzo, Ray Santiago, Jill Marie Jones, Lucy Lawless, Ted Raimi, Lee Majors and the rest of the cast of the entire franchise!
-Additional scenes, dialogue and Deadites for character development, jokes, and adrenaline-charged combat.
-Meta humor about the entirety of the ED series and the game spoofing the conventions of various video game series and genres. These would include Half-Life style environmental puzzles, Destiny-style microtransactions, Resident Evil-style combat (mix of original and modern series), Halo/Call of Duty-style FPS levels and regenerated health, Doom-style carnage and keys to continue,  Final Fantasy/Borderlands-style leveling up, and so on.
-Celebrity cameo cast featured in main game, survival and multiplayer modes, and DLC created for the game, including people from other various Sam Raimi projects, and those who have not worked with him.
-Various survival and multiplayer modes. Include the chance to play as a Deadite!
 
I'd like to say yes, but there would have to be a lot of cross-licensing to make the idea work (Mia and the remake characters are the property of Sony while the original trilogy ones aren't, for instance!)
 
Well, I wasn't expecting that much cross-licensing. For example, in the cameos I mentioned, just because I envision actors from the Spider-Man trilogy popping up doesn't mean I was wanting it to be a full-fledged Spider-Man thing. Same for a scene having both Sigourney Weaver and Linda Hamilton together. It's to get a payoff, Ripley and Sarah Connor together, but it's not actually tied in with the Alien or Terminator series. One such thing I could imagine needing a cross-licensing thing is a DLC with Kurt Russell reprising his role as Snake Plissken. Also a joke x-over with Duke Nukem, involving Ash saying that he's taking back his catchphrases.
 
Top Bottom