- Joined
- Jan 20, 2008
I've been a fan of the classic 60's black and white horror haunted house movie The Haunting ever since my Dad told me about it when I was a little kid. Watching it again tonight, there's a scene where the scientist/group leader is trying to convince the owners to allow him to spend the night at Hill House with his team and they ask him what he expects to find. He replies with ".. probably nothing but maybe the key to another world ..". In Evil Dead 2 when Ed meets Annie Knowby on the runway he says "Your Father hinted he was on to something with the pages of the book of the dead, what did he find?" (or something approximating that), Annie replies with " .. probably nothing but maybe the gateway to another world ..". Re-watching The Haunting, I was also struck by similarities to the later Raimi like maverick camera work. The Haunting was also remade as a mini movie/parody episode for an 80's film called Waxwork 2 ... again shot in black and white, this time featuring Bruce Campbell as the pipe smoking scientist/group leader character .. I'm guessing the Michigan Mafia were fans.
Scene from The Haunting -1963
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQxyaI74v7U
Scene from The Haunting -1963
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQxyaI74v7U