Evil Dead Book of the Dead Editions help, please...

Kinkoman1337

S-Mart Clerk
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Hey, I'm new to the forum, long time Evil Dead fan though, been on here lurking every once in awhile. 

But anyway. On to the help. 

I just got(finally for some reason I've never owned them) both edition of the Book of the Dead DVDs(I'm looking to get the 3rd one from Australia at some point, bit costly though). 

I would like these to last as long as they can, really long term. So anyway to do that? 

I know these have issues with peeling and degrading. Any tips or hints. Both are not sealed BTW. I was gonna put them in comic book bags and call it a day. But I started looking online for help and couldn't really find anything. 

Anywho thanks ahead of time!

Clayton
 
I've had one of the ED1 books since they came out, and it's still fine. Latex will degrade over time regardless of how you store it. It will dry out and become brittle eventually. I keep mine on a shelf out of sunlight and that seems to do me fine. Putting it out on display, in direct sunlight, in a humid room will shorten the life of the latex.
 
There's 4 editions if you count the now extremely rare German book of the dead latex cover release .. somebody posted here a while back that rubbing baby oil over the rubber covers will stop them splitting and degrading, I haven't tried that myself but it sounds like a good idea to preserve them .. of course that would mean opening them ...
 
Well mine are already open, but from what I've read online baby oil is pretty bad for latex. Hmmm I just wonder if I keep them out of the sun in a room temp area how long will they last. I kinda wish they made them out of something that lasts.
 
If worse comes to worse you could probably shrink-wrap it. Would that do damage to the latex? Does anyone know?
 
Top Bottom