Evil Dead Burn | Official Thread

Other things:

All this talk of how they originally had Evil Dead 2 Necronomicon and references, only to switch them with 2013's... I can't help but think they wanted to tie things into a possible return for Ash, like how they wanted to do another Army Of Darkness and then another movie where Ash and Mia unite. (To those new here: Bruce did mention, during Rise's promotion, how he's open to coming back if Sam Raimi directed - maybe just pillow talk, but I believe him). But after Bruce's cancer diagnosis, they figured, 'Well, that's definitely not happening. Let's stick to the 2013 only and we could have the possibility of just Jane Levy meeting with survivors of Rise and Burn.' (Just what came to mind when learning about the book-switcheroo).

I have found it a bit perplexing that they never even considered using Ash in a mentor-type role. Bruce originally retired for good back in 2018 after AvED, citing that he was getting too old to do the sort of physically demanding stuff required to play Ash. But if they're so dead set on tying everything together, and they now have three young final girls to fight the evil, why couldn't they bring in Old Man Ash to close out his chapter with a proper film appearance?

And to answer my own rhetorical question, I don't think there was ever any serious intent to bring him back for another movie. I think they backed Ash into a corner with AvED and how his character was developed, and the goofy and crude style wouldn't mesh with any of Mia, Beth, or Alice nor the tones of their movies. It would just be a mess to suddenly subject the girls to comedic situations. And I'm fine with Ash riding off into the sunset the way he did.

Not to go too far off topic here, but I also don't think it's totally feasible to bring Beth back either. How much time has passed since Rise? Would she be very pregnant and fighting Deadites, or have a baby to take care of? Or do they retcon the whole pregnancy as a loss of the baby/abortion/something else? (that won't be controversial at all). They backed themselves into a corner again.

I think, if they keep bringing back old characters, we see an Alice/Mia team up in Wrath, with Ellie at least partially featured as one of the big bads. That seems to fit their dream of tying everything together by representing the three modern movies.

Anyway, just some thoughts. Ramble over
 
I have found it a bit perplexing that they never even considered using Ash in a mentor-type role. Bruce originally retired for good back in 2018 after AvED, citing that he was getting too old to do the sort of physically demanding stuff required to play Ash. But if they're so dead set on tying everything together, and they now have three young final girls to fight the evil, why couldn't they bring in Old Man Ash to close out his chapter with a proper film appearance?

And to answer my own rhetorical question, I don't think there was ever any serious intent to bring him back for another movie. I think they backed Ash into a corner with AvED and how his character was developed, and the goofy and crude style wouldn't mesh with any of Mia, Beth, or Alice nor the tones of their movies. It would just be a mess to suddenly subject the girls to comedic situations. And I'm fine with Ash riding off into the sunset the way he did.

Not to go too far off topic here, but I also don't think it's totally feasible to bring Beth back either. How much time has passed since Rise? Would she be very pregnant and fighting Deadites, or have a baby to take care of? Or do they retcon the whole pregnancy as a loss of the baby/abortion/something else? (that won't be controversial at all). They backed themselves into a corner again.

I think, if they keep bringing back old characters, we see an Alice/Mia team up in Wrath, with Ellie at least partially featured as one of the big bads. That seems to fit their dream of tying everything together by representing the three modern movies.

Anyway, just some thoughts. Ramble over
I don't think Evil Dead is a series where you could bring back a mentor character like Luke Skywalker to just sit around and deliver wise dialogue. If they tried this with Ash, there is literally no scenario where he wouldn't get possessed, sprayed with blood, and thrown across the room a bunch of times.
 
I don't think Evil Dead is a series where you could bring back a mentor character like Luke Skywalker to just sit around and deliver wise dialogue. If they tried this with Ash, there is literally no scenario where he wouldn't get possessed, sprayed with blood, and thrown across the room a bunch of times.

Something bad would definitely happen to him, but I meant it more in the sense that he wouldn't have to do all the heavy lifting and could take more of a background role. But this isn't possibly with how he was portrayed in AvED, despite there being some growth over the course of the series.
 
So, I just finished watching Burn.

Pardon my french (pun intended) but wow, what a piece of shit. Hated it. I mean, seriously, fuck this movie.

These new movies just aren't for me, specially this one. I can't find an ounce of what made me originally fall in love with Evil Dead in them.

I might come back later to expand on my opinion. Or not, I dunno... Movie put me in a bad mood.
 
SNEAK PREVIEW/behind the scenes of Halloween Horror Nights EVIL DEAD BURN attraction! HHN starts tomorrow, so expect a lot more videos and images coming soon!
I love that they hid Ash's chainsaw in the shed. Probably one of the leftover props from the AvED maze from years ago.
 
Neat Evil Dead Burn sign at Halloween Horror Nights!
7zAEr2b.jpeg
kvwDN6t.jpeg
 
EVIL DEAD BURN Halloween Horror Nights walkthroughs!
My thoughts: The first act is really cool. Love the car crash scene and the corridor with the incantations... though I'm not sure who the skeletal demon guy (which you can see better in the second video) is supposed to be. One of the fishermen? The second act is good, representing all the key scenes in the house. I like how Deadite(?) Joseph is armed with the ED2 Kandarian Dagger (seen in the second video). The third act is where it all falls apart for me. The digital flames (which you can clearly see pause to restart their loop in the first video) are pretty meh, but there is nothing else to indicate that the house is on fire besides the red lighting... like no fog or red and yellow streamers underneath a fan... but maybe they ran out of money for it, IDK. Alice and the dummy Deadite William just seems lackluster for some reason. I get that there's gonna be limitations but... it seems like it could have been better executed.
Overall, not bad. Not as good as the Ash vs Evil Dead HHN houses, but still good.
 
Some more easter eggs in the Evil Dead Burn maze at Halloween Horror Nights, more specifically the attic scene. Ash's chainsaw makes ANOTHER appearance in a box (previously appearing earlier in the toolshed). The Ash vs Evil Dead Necronomicon is hidden under a cloth near the floor, and a few VHS tapes on a shelf have some interesting years written on them. Images from KaleyD217 on Twitter/X.
IFADINB.jpeg
sQdK0VC.jpeg
Ra39FaZ.jpeg
TVBuTB3.jpeg
GsNAM5E.jpeg
VW6TZTs.jpeg
 
The Hollywood version of HHN's Evil Dead Burn house is now open (or in previews). A few minor differences here and there (the biggest one seems to be that the attic scene with Joseph is missing), but otherwise pretty close to the Orlando version. The transition to the scene with Will in the construction site is much better than the Orlando one, that's for sure.
 
The Hollywood version of HHN's Evil Dead Burn house is now open (or in previews). A few minor differences here and there (the biggest one seems to be that the attic scene with Joseph is missing), but otherwise pretty close to the Orlando version. The transition to the scene with Will in the construction site is much better than the Orlando one, that's for sure.
Why can't they just do the cabin and leave it at that. I'd rather see that . Least its iconic and always remembered. I watched Burn twice and didn't find the House appealing or interesting at all. Or the movie for that matter. Im sure they have done the cabin before but I would love the experience of it.
 
Why can't they just do the cabin and leave it at that. I'd rather see that . Least its iconic and always remembered. I watched Burn twice and didn't find the House appealing or interesting at all. Or the movie for that matter. Im sure they have done the cabin before but I would love the experience of it.
They've done the cabin with both the Evil Dead 2013 maze and the Ash vs Evil Dead maze. The closest you're gonna get is that official ED2 escape room in Seattle if you want a real life cabin replica experience.
 
The mazes look fantastic this year!
 

>That third picture
"Hey guys, so how exactly are we going to do this Will character for the attraction? I mean, he's described as basically nothing more a charred skeleton with a bit of flesh on his head."
"Hmmm... I dunno... perhaps we could just... throw a red shirt on him and cut some holes in it to show his skeleton ribs?"

Like I get that this is for a temporary attraction for a character you're going to spend 5 seconds looking at in a dark room with strobe lights, but... it does seem a bit silly when captured in a well-lit high-quality photograph.
 
>That third picture
"Hey guys, so how exactly are we going to do this Will character for the attraction? I mean, he's described as basically nothing more a charred skeleton with a bit of flesh on his head."
"Hmmm... I dunno... perhaps we could just... throw a red shirt on him and cut some holes in it to show his skeleton ribs?"

Like I get that this is for a temporary attraction for a character you're going to spend 5 seconds looking at in a dark room with strobe lights, but... it does seem a bit silly when captured in a well-lit high-quality photograph.

He looks like Freddy's long-lost cousin!
 
Don't forget that Burn comes to DVD/blu-ray/4k tomorrow as a single release and in the Rise/Burn two-film collection set!
 
Evil Dead Burn is... on a hot-streak... of home media releases, as Metropolitan Video (who just recently announced their French exclusive Evil Dead Burn SteelBook) will now be releasing an Evil Dead 3-film 4k collection consisting of Evil Dead (2013), Evil Dead Rise, and Evil Dead Burn, the first time this "modern trilogy" has ever been released together. Pre-orders are live now with an estimated release date of December 4th, 2026.
nx5adr.jpg
 
Top Bottom