Evil Dead Rise

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
I still badly want to see Ash in apocalypse London, grumpy like Snake Pliskin or Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven .. a natural progression of Ash's character.
I could see it sill working if we get some new young character, probably a scavenger, finding old man Ash by accident .. I'm imagining post apocalypse London like New York in Escape From New York, no locals f**k with the crazy old man so he's a hermit, sort of like Ben Kenobi but more warped at this point.

Surtur

Loud Mouth Braggart
I could see it sill working if we get some new young character, probably a scavenger, finding old man Ash by accident .. I'm imagining post apocalypse London like New York in Escape From New York, no locals f**k with the crazy old man so he's a hermit, sort of like Ben Kenobi but more warped at this point.

What about a Dalton type character who is more straight laced and serious than Ash? I did feel like Dalton had potential as a character, someone trained to fight, probably military, to provide some strength and toughness to old man Ash

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
According to spoilers Bruce released during various Wizard World related press junket.

The central character of the movie will be a single mother trying to protect her kids from the Evil.

This is new for the franchise but
Not the director, who wrote an entire movie about a woman and her son and demons, which was his debut feature, the Hole in the Ground.

Last edited:

Ryan W.

Loud Mouth Braggart
I'm still willing to give it a chance. I've seen some animated shows in the past where a writer, who wrote an episode of one, reused a very similar storyline for another they worked on.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
At this point I am too - anything can and will happen.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Thank you for linking this!

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Annd it looks like it's getting dumped directly to HBO Max via New Line.

The twisted tale centers on two estranged sisters, portrayed by Alyssa Sutherland and Lily Sullivan, whose reunion is cut short by the rise of flesh-possessing demons, thrusting them into a primal battle for survival as they face the most nightmarish version of family imaginable.

Sam: “I’m thrilled to bring ‘Evil Dead’ back to its original home at New Line 40 years after the release of the first film. The company’s history as pioneers of horror speaks for itself. I’m equally excited to be working with Lee Cronin, whose gifts as a storyteller make him the ideal filmmaker to continue the enduring legacy of the franchise.”

Bruce: “At its core, ‘Evil Dead’ is about ordinary people overcoming extraordinarily terrifying situations. I can’t wait for Alyssa and Lily to fill the blood-soaked shoes of those who have come before them and carry on that tradition.”

No idea if this is a good or a bad thing TBH.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Annd it looks like it's getting dumped directly to HBO Max via New Line.

The twisted tale centers on two estranged sisters, portrayed by Alyssa Sutherland and Lily Sullivan, whose reunion is cut short by the rise of flesh-possessing demons, thrusting them into a primal battle for survival as they face the most nightmarish version of family imaginable.

Sam: “I’m thrilled to bring ‘Evil Dead’ back to its original home at New Line 40 years after the release of the first film. The company’s history as pioneers of horror speaks for itself. I’m equally excited to be working with Lee Cronin, whose gifts as a storyteller make him the ideal filmmaker to continue the enduring legacy of the franchise.”

Bruce: “At its core, ‘Evil Dead’ is about ordinary people overcoming extraordinarily terrifying situations. I can’t wait for Alyssa and Lily to fill the blood-soaked shoes of those who have come before them and carry on that tradition.”

No idea if this is a good or a bad thing TBH.

Honestly, this is a very good call on their part to get it on HBO max.

Don't know how well this film would've done in a theater enviroment being as this is very likely going to be a one off experience that's gonna be experimental with the formula with it's setting. I think this type of film fits in wonderfully as a streaming film and it's very low risk and safe business wise for this team to do it this way.

Can't wait to see what this filmmaker has in store for this entry, color me intrigued!

Last edited:

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
Honestly, this is a very good call on their part to get it on HBO max.

Don't know how well this film would've done in a theater enviroment being as this is very likely going to be a one off experience that's gonna be experimental with the formula with it's setting. I think this type of film fits in wonderfully as a streaming film and it's very low risk and safe business wise for this team to do it this way.

Can't wait to see what this filmmaker has in store for this entry, color me intrigued!

I also think this is a very good move to release it straight to a streaming platform.

'm also very intrigued by the synopsis, because they will actually bring something different. I'm still not sure if I'm excited or just too curious. Still a wait and see, but I will definitively follow the development of this new movie.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
It's going to be interesting to see where horror goes from here, TBH - what goes the Tubi route, what ends up on OnDemand streaming, what gets released to theaters.

I'm already pretty interested in this because at least it's a fresh spin on the old themes.

Last edited:

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
Pretty cool concept poster by Creepy Duck Design:

SPf652o.png

Top Bottom