Evil Dead Rise

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
We officially have an MPAA rating: an R for "strong bloody horror violence and gore, and some language."

I'll never not find it funny that the only strong language we have in the whole trilogy comes with Ash's sole use of "Fuck" in Army of Darkness and yet AvED/ED2013/EDR have gone whole hog with the four letter words.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Joe LoDuca must be too busy working on the game.

Actually, this seems to be Cronin's preferred collaborator; SM did the score for Cronin's last movie.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Do we have a debut date locked down? It's supposed to be some time this summer, right?

First footage featured in HBO Upfronts:
Per Bloody Disgusting: “Evil Dead Rise footage in HBO Max movie montage! A possessed girl looking all Deadite-y standing up on a kitchen counter screaming at a dude.”

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Do we have a debut date locked down? It's supposed to be some time this summer, right?

A release date hasn't been locked down for Evil Dead Rise, but most of the movies/tv shows on the streaming side that are scheduled for a summer release are being more secretive than usual... and I will go out on a limb by saying we will get a date in June and a full trailer at Comic Con in July and other info.

Last edited:

Ryan W.

Loud Mouth Braggart
Being that it's almost mid-2022, you'd think they'd have a definite month/day release by now.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
I was super curious because yeah, summer was speculated on and we've heard nothing. I don' t think Lee's announced that he's locked the print, either.

Top Bottom