Evil Dead Rise

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Pft, I didn't even noticed he'd changed his Twitter profile. Oh man.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Was just about to post this!

She's got remake eyes versus the trad white eyes, dunno how I feel about that.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
So yep, heavily leaning into the feel of the remake with the marketing.

Reactions: DyD

HailtotheKingBaby

S-Mart Clerk
Really wish they would've went with the white eyes instead of the remake eyes. Not a deal-breaker, but certainly a bummer.

Reactions: DyD

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
Here's a larger clearer photo:

evildead_rise_deadite.jpg

I was hoping for a trailer. Definite 2013 Evil Dead remake vibes. I'm edging back to cautiously optimistic.

Last edited:

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
Here's a larger clearer photo:

evildead_rise_deadite.jpg

I was hoping for a trailer. Definite 2013 Evil Dead remake vibes. I'm edging back to cautiously optimistic.

I was hoping for a trailer too...

I know it's only a picture, but it have the feel of "Sweet Home" series on Netflix...There's a scene which seems similar to this one.

I'm just guesing the deadite will trick the person through the door peep-hole...

DyD

Spinach Chin
Aesthetically, this is looking more and more like the remake, which does not inspire me with much confidence. I didn't like that look for the deadites in the remake and I don't like it here, there's very little personality to it. Hopefully there's a wider variety to the deadites and they don't all look the same, and at least a couple of them will have the classic white eyes. From that pic, my interest has waned even further, but I remain hopeful that a trailer might turn me around on it.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
I'm still knocking wood because the director's previous work has been pretty good, but yeah, I do have some concerns.

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
I haven't spotted anything yet that looks like it might be something special with this film .. I might be wrong .. so far, it looks like Lee Cronin's remade Argento's DEMONS .. more accurately DEMONS 2 because that was set in a high rise and this single demon woman photo we've been thrown looks exactly like an 80's Argento/Sergio Stivaleti make up demon. I'm not holding my breath to watch this if I'm being honest.

Top Bottom