Evil Dead: The Game

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Played a lot of solo since release, and after the last update for what it is worth teams are playing more as a cohesive unit... but the amount of demon players using Baal can be counted on one hand. Evil Ash is taking over.

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Couldn't figure out how to do it for an anniversary, but now Saber is like Oprah only they are giving out xp and points instead of gifts and/or bees.

giphy.webp

Leatherface

Primitive Screwhead
I don't have the game yet but from what I can see, Linda & Shelly from the first movie aren't in it? Even a Linda from Evil Dead 2?

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
I don't have the game yet but from what I can see, Linda & Shelly from the first movie aren't in it? Even a Linda from Evil Dead 2?
Neither of them are as playable characters yet, nope. Linda does appear in
Deaditeified head form.

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Embracer Group who owns what is left of THQ the company that made Evil Dead Hail to the King, Fistful of Boomstick, Regeneration, and owns Saber Interactive who is behind Evil Dead The Game is laying off a large part of it's staff of 17,000 after reports of a big 2 billion dollar deal falling apart at the last moment. So be prepared for the closure of studios and the canceling of games.

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Interesting tid bit about future content.

Hopefully there's new content/quality of life stuff coming soon.

It could go either way because there are rumors going around that Embracer Group could shut down Saber US, and that is the main headquarters since they moved Evil Dead The Game from Saber in Madrid who put their heart into creating it before having it taken from them in another sign of infinite wisdom (sarcasm). The game is savable, but it will take a herculean effort from Tim and his team and admitting to a break down in communication is a good step.

Last edited:

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
It's a shame modern multiplayer games don't allow players to host their own servers like in the old days. Once a game studio goes under, people who bought their game are SOL.

Last edited:

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
It's a shame modern multiplayer games don't allow players to host their own servers like in the old days. Once a game studio goes under, people who bought their game are SOL.

Amazingly Saber hasn't done so much damage that you can't find a match, and last night they were a little slower... but were still quite entertaining for various reasons. It would be nice if they let people run servers, or keep it up like fans/players did for Friday the 13th which has gotten an update more recently than Evil Dead The Game even if it was to make it so that every player had every perk in the last months before they close down for good. I'm guessing the next big move is to make it available on Game Pass in a last attempt to boost the player base that failed on Steam due to lack of cross progression.

Last edited by a moderator:

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Huh, an interesting update from them.

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Ok, whatever happens to this game I will except it if and only if they give me enough time to get Cheryl to prestige level 5. I'm about 1/3rd of the way through the last level, and god damn it I'm going to get at least one character there even if it kills me in the end.

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
They also fired the social media manager at Saber, and that came out when they took the opportunity to share on LinkedIn that they got Thanos snapped by Embracer Group.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
They also fired the social media manager at Saber, and that came out when they took the opportunity to share on LinkedIn that they got Thanos snapped by Embracer Group.
To be quite honest, i'm not surprised it happen with how their performance was during the first year of the game releasing. Good news in my book. I hope they find a good replacement for the job!

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
To be quite honest, i'm not surprised it happen with how their performance was during the first year of the game releasing. Good news in my book. I hope they find a good replacement for the job!

Good news indeed. All it took was for it to nearly come crashing down before they realized something was majorly wrong, and for that guy to tout his work with streamers shows he was out of place since those live streams got such bad reactions they had to quit doing them. Hell, most of the streamers on those had no knowledge of anything Evil Dead related... and most of them never played the game and/or covered it to any degree after they took place. Pixelz was the only one who did, and they treated him poorly by acting like they couldn't find his account despite the fact he is honest and still streams the game.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
New update just dropped.

Survivors​

• Brock Williams’s “Master of Influence” perk now buffs his aura correctly.
  • Brock Williams’s healing bonus per non-family member for the “Blood Ties” ability decreased from 5% to 4%.
  • Brock Williams’s damage reduction per family member for the “Blood Ties” ability decreased from 5% to 4%.
  • Brock Williams’s fear reduction per leader for the “Life of the Party” ability decreased from 10% to 8% (for Prestige, from 12% to 10%).
  • Brock Williams’s melee damage per warrior for the “Life of the Party” ability decreased from 10% to 8% (for Prestige, from 12% to 10%).
  • Brock Williams’s ranged damage per hunter for the “Life of the Party” ability decreased from 10% to 8% (for Prestige, from 12% to 10%).
  • Brock Williams’s cooldown reduction per support for the “Life of the Party” ability decreased from 10% to 8% (for Prestige, from 12% to 10%).

Demons​

• Schemer is now unable to force Survivors into activating traps when using Survivor's dodge before unpossessing and cycling the possessions.

General​

• Ranged weapons will no longer stop inflicting damage and playing gunshot sounds.
  • The ping wheel now will not get stuck in the middle of the screen when used during the crate trap animation.
  • Various environment and player collision fixes.
  • General localization fixes.

Top Bottom