Favorite Songs

E Tu Cheryl?

S-Mart Clerk
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
The thing Ive been enjoying a lot from AvED is all the various soundtrack songs. Last season, when I heard Freaking Out by Death, I couldn't believe they used such an awesome tune and it worked perfectly with the scene as well. This season, Cum on Feel the Noize by Slade and Great White North by Rush are the two stand-outs, does anyone have any favorite tracks that have been used or suggestions for what should be used? I know the theme is pretty much all 70s tunes, so this one may not exactly work, but I think it'd be awesome if they used the track  Majesty by the Swedish band Ghost, especially if it was used as an ending song that leads into the credits!
 
I love nearly all of the tracks they used so far. They're all right up my alley. However, I do think they overused them on the first season. Now they're balancing it out a bit more and giving Joe LoDuca's awesome score the spotlight it deserves, which I think is a step in the right direction. It does wonders for atmosphere. Personally, I'd prefer it if they limited the songs to the end credits of each episode (it would be kinda similar to what they did with the Jazz tune playing during the end credits of the first film) or to montages/key moments.
 
That is a great track and scene, another personal favorite of mine from season 1 was Time Has Come Today by Bootsy Collins, I don't think it was used for anything special other than the credits but it stuck with me regardless. I had either never heard it or just didnt remember it but I'm glad it was featured cause it went right into my playlists! AC/DC Back in Black was obviously quite epic to close out, wonder if this season's ending will feature them again or maybe something even crazier... (possibly Maiden!!?)
 
E Tu Cheryl? said:
That is a great track and scene, another personal favorite of mine from season 1 was Time Has Come Today by Bootsy Collins, I don't think it was used for anything special other than the credits but it stuck with me regardless. I had either never heard it or just didnt remember it but I'm glad it was featured cause it went right into my playlists! AC/DC Back in Black was obviously quite epic to close out, wonder if this season's ending will feature them again or maybe something even crazier... (possibly Maiden!!?)

I think Time Has Come Today was so memorable partly because it started to play when ve saw the cabin for the first time.

I would also love to hear some Iron Maiden! And I think that for example The Number of the Beast could fit to the show pretty well. (also if you haven'T already, check out this thread)
 
Awesome, should have searched the threads first I guess, well, all that means is you need a little more Ghost on yours! Sorry wasn't trying to step on your thread, rookie mistake also have a dumb rookie question to post links here do I use html tags or is it one of the buttons on the bar? (sorry at work and don't have time to check)
 
Highway Star.

although in retrospect i wish they'd saved it for one of the Evil Delta scenes in season 2.
 
E Tu Cheryl? said:
Awesome, should have searched the threads first I guess, well, all that means is you need a little more Ghost on yours! Sorry wasn't trying to step on your thread, rookie mistake also have a dumb rookie question to post links here do I use html tags or is it one of the buttons on the bar? (sorry at work and don't have time to check)


To post a link, hit the 'insert a link' button on the 'post a new reply' page (it's in the your message section, fourth section, fourth icon in from the left!)

And my favorite's definitely Time Has Come Today.
 
They're Coming To Take Me Away by Napoleon XIV. This one I had to look up because I loved that song. I don't know if I've heard it before, but it was very interesting.
 
"Just the two of us" I bust out laughing when it was played, it fit the situation perfectly.
 
Top Bottom