- Joined
- Dec 26, 2023
1. I am really happy that I didn't pay $40s for the standard 4k version I keep passing up at my local Barnes & Noble.
2. Now I'm really mad that I missed out on the Best Buy-exclusive Evil Dead Rise steelbook.
I was going to say "well she's just holding it by the handle..." but at this point in the movie she had lost that hand!Yikes, that artwork is kinda embarassing. Not only the chainsaw seems to be Ash's modified one as you mentioned, it also seems to be just floating in the air in front of her...
Looking at the promotional images, there's a metal ring on either side of the boot ankles, so that would technically be right... but I have no explanation for anywhere else.And why are her shoes so shiny?
I was going to say "well she's just holding it by the handle..." but at this point in the movie she had lost that hand!
Looking at the promotional images, there's a metal ring on either side of the boot ankles, so that would technically be right... but I have no explanation for anywhere else.
2013 is getting ANOTHER SteelBook from Shout Factory... this time it's a Walmart exclusive 4k and Blu-Ray combo. Release date of March 18th. I honestly like the artwork a lot more than the one from August... but it's a shame that it clearly uses Ash's chainsaw (complete with stump hole) instead of the one from this movie...
![]()
![]()
Reminder that this comes out today. As of the time of this comment, Walmart has $12 off the $45 price if you buy it online. I'm really tempted to just order it from the website for that price and pick it up in store.2013 is getting ANOTHER SteelBook from Shout Factory... this time it's a Walmart exclusive 4k and Blu-Ray combo. Release date of March 18th. I honestly like the artwork a lot more than the one from August... but it's a shame that it clearly uses Ash's chainsaw (complete with stump hole) instead of the one from this movie...
![]()
![]()
I'm glad Sam pressed the 'no' button on that. I think Bruce said no to it too. And Rob T stays Rob T!Should have used a design similar to the black and white movie poster, and in the scenes when Mia is in front of the cabin fighting the Abomination with a combo of the blood rain and fire there is a shininess... but I refuse to pay 40 bucks for a steel book that has few extras. Unless they include Fede's anniversary posts about what the script was originally like, and how much they fought to change it like Mia walking out of the cabin with the camera zooming into her face like it did for Ash (insert scream) before she goes flying up in the air and exploding Evil Ash style from Army of Darkness minus the catapult before Sam told him she had been through enough, heh. The dude borrowed so much.
![]()