First look at Child's Play reboot

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
DnokpatV4AAZnDF.jpg

The movie doesn't have Brad Dourif on it, nor Don Mancini's support. I'm still laughing at Mancini's Tweet about it.

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
Well, I admit I'm not very convinced about this reboot, but on the other end, Don Mancini did not make something good with the franchise since part 3. (Which was really average) Bride and Seed of Chucky were both garbage in my book. Curse and Cult was a step into the right direction but still lacking of something. He's rebooting his own franchise for TV and I understand that he have now competition with his own creation. This is surely pissing him off.

Anyway, If they bring someone like Mark Hamill as the new chucky, people will maybe start looking at this reboot with another perspective.

I'm still on the edge with this one...I don't have any expectation since most reboots are disapointing.

I think they need to bring A NAME into the portrait to get attention instead of bashing....(They also need a solid story)

It's a wait and see....

DyD

Spinach Chin
Also worth noting is that apparently they will be removing all of the supernatural aspects of the story. Chucky will no longer be a voodoo practitioner serial killer who transfers his soul to a children's doll. It will be just a toy robot that malfunctions and starts killing people. I doubt he will even have a "voice" or an actual personality.

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
Also worth noting is that apparently they will be removing all of the supernatural aspects of the story. Chucky will no longer be a voodoo practitioner serial killer who transfers his soul to a children's doll. It will be just a toy robot that malfunctions and starts killing people. I doubt he will even have a "voice" or an actual personality.

This is what I fear the most. Hope there will be more than just a malfunctioning robot. There's maybe a twist.

Maybe someone hacked the doll and put a serial profile in it...or maybe, many serial killers profiles. This could lead to something interesting and new,

DyD

Spinach Chin
This is what I fear the most. Hope there will be more than just a malfunctioning robot. There's maybe a twist.

Maybe someone hacked the doll and put a serial profile in it...or maybe, many serial killers profiles. This could lead to something interesting and new,

It's still just a rumor, but I read somewhere that it's a disgruntled employee of the chinese company building the dolls who tempers with the new "Chucky" on the production line, making it homicidal. That employee commits suicide after doing it, so maybe there's more to it than just a random malfunction. Anyway, even if that's what they're going with, I still doubt this new "Chucky" will have any human personality at all (unless they're doing some AI gaining sentience type of thing, which would be utterly stupid). Maybe that's one of the reasons they decided to sack Dourif.

Last edited:

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
It's still just a rumor, but I read somewhere that it's a disgruntled employee of the chinese company building the dolls that tempers with the new "Chucky" on the production line, making it homicidal. That employee commits suicide after doing it, so maybe there's more to it than just a random malfunction. Anyway, even if that's what they're going with, I still doubt this new "Chucky" will have any human personality at all (unless they're doing some AI gaining sentience type of thing, which would be utterly stupid). Maybe that's one of the reasons they decided to sack Dourif.

I also read that information. I think this came from Bloody Disgusting.com.

I have also doubt about Chucky's personality. You may be right. Anyway, there so little information so far, we will need a trailer to get at least a good or bad "first impression".

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
I re watched the original Child's Play a couple of weeks ago .. I've never been into haunted doll horror films because, let's face it and if push came to shove, you could easily kick one across a room. I didn't like it in the 80's. I gave it another go and was pleasantly surprised, it's actually very well made in comparison to most of today's grungy horror films although the concept of an aggressive one foot tall killer doll still feels about as threatening as a killer jack russell dog.

Top Bottom