German 6-disc Army of Darkness Ultimate edition

Elise41

Spinach Chin
Staff member
Joined
Jun 3, 2009
215288_10152787531630472_764612242_n.jpg


Well I got this yesterday and finished going through the whole thing today. For those who don't know about it just in case, it has all 4 cuts of the film to which only the Sci-Fi cut doesn't get the Blu-ray treatment. The director's cut for once...looks great! An update from the MGM region 3 release and doesn't have that reddish tint that the Screwhead edition seems to have. It has a bunch of special features including some more extended interviews from the old making of featurette and a bunch of trailers, a teaser, VHS commercial, and some TV spots. The only thing that it is missing from previous releases is Men Behind the Army since it has Creating the Deadites and the production photo PIP gallery from the Screwhead edition which is a real shame. The picture gallery it has is great though. It even has some of NAH's collection pictures! No joke! Some of the pictures looked weird on my TV though. Don't know if that was the BD, the player, or my TV or what?
 
Elise41 link said:
215288_10152787531630472_764612242_n.jpg


Well I got this yesterday and finished going through the whole thing today. For those who don't know about it just in case, it has all 4 cuts of the film to which only the Sci-Fi cut doesn't get the Blu-ray treatment. The director's cut for once...looks great! An update from the MGM region 3 release and doesn't have that reddish tint that the Screwhead edition seems to have. It has a bunch of special features including some more extended interviews from the old making of featurette and a bunch of trailers, a teaser, VHS commercial, and some TV spots. The only thing that it is missing from previous releases is Men Behind the Army since it has Creating the Deadites and the production photo PIP gallery from the Screwhead edition which is a real shame. The picture gallery it has is great though. It even has some of NAH's collection pictures! No joke! Some of the pictures looked weird on my TV though. Don't know if that was the BD, the player, or my TV or what?

...and they didn't even ask me! haha
 
I've put up a 14 minute (yowza!) review on my channel. Bruce claims that it's a bootleg but a viewer from Germany claims that it isn't, and maybe that Bruce is confused haha.

http://youtu.be/11CVGJ3vdU0
 
You've just broken the Evil Dead fan Nerdometer Elise41  :cool ... I'm retiring ..
 
Elise41 link said:
Bruce claims that it's a bootleg but a viewer from Germany claims that it isn't, and maybe that Bruce is confused haha.

Definitely not a bootleg - Koch worked directly with MGM and Universal, licensing the film through Hollywood Classics (who represent MGM's back catalogue in Europe and the UK).

As for NAH's pics turning up in the stills gallery - erm, that might be my fault.  I sent Koch some video content to go on the extras disc as well as a copy of the images folder from Rob (SeeNoEvil)'s DVD-ROM (with his kind permission, of course) since apparently MGM didn't provide them very much in the way of pics.  I figured they'd just go with the production stills rather than putting all of them on there!

Still waiting for my complimentary free copy, really looking forward to getting it and diving in.  Keep an eye out for Koch's release of Darkman later in the year as well, which will include EPK interviews as well as a non-bootleg quality copy of the unaired TV pilot!
 
Ahahaha! That is hilarious. Thanks for sharing! See I read the same that it is for sure licensed, but thought that the gallery was odd. Now that explains everything. Thanks. I'm still trying to figure out why Bruce thinks it's a bootleg. He has actually endorsed the French release.  :? I'm looking forward to that Darkman release!
 
The vast majority of other German releases of the trilogy are bootlegs so it's no surprise Bruce may have assumed it would also be the case here.  Koch's release is 100% legit though, they're a huge multinational company so couldn't really get away with unauthorised releases the way many other fly-by-night DVD labels do in Germany.
 
Elise your voice sounds very familiar did you post a video of all the lunchboxes?

EvilJames link said:
The vast majority of other German releases of the trilogy are bootlegs so it's no surprise Bruce may have assumed it would also be the case here.  Koch's release is 100% legit though, they're a huge multinational company so couldn't really get away with unauthorised releases the way many other fly-by-night DVD labels do in Germany.
So are The Evil Dead Germany hardboxes bootlegs?
 
kenpachi link said:
Elise your voice sounds very familiar did you post a video of all the lunchboxes?

[quote author=EvilJames link=topic=1058.msg7332#msg7332 date=1367595132]
The vast majority of other German releases of the trilogy are bootlegs so it's no surprise Bruce may have assumed it would also be the case here.  Koch's release is 100% legit though, they're a huge multinational company so couldn't really get away with unauthorised releases the way many other fly-by-night DVD labels do in Germany.
So are The Evil Dead Germany hardboxes bootlegs?
[/quote]

Haha yes I did. That video was missing one lunchbox though and I got it later on and showed it in another video.

I think those hardboxes have Within the Woods on them right? If so, yeah I wouldn't be surprised.
 
Yea found some hardboxes on ebay and it said that it had Within The Woods and they looked nice and they were even numbered, I was very tempted to buy them but now I'm glad I didn't.
 
Top Bottom