When u was 6 , fast asleep in my bed. My brother decided to dress as Freddy (hat, knife glove , stripped jumper) and climb the Tree in the back garden that lead up to my bedroom window.
My brother tapped on the window and I woke up to see what I cud only believe as Freddy . My brother was a cruel bastard . My mum heard the screams and came in to find my hair on end and it had turned gray around the side . I had wet myself and she couldn't release my grip of the bed covers .I was frozen stiff in fear.
My brother fell from that tree and broke his wrist . But for me , I needed alot of child therapy and had to see a specialist in a mental hospital because I refused to go back to sleep. I slept on my mums bedroom floor for the next 3 years .
My mum had to convince me that Freddy wasnt Real. But I just kept having nightmares about him over and over so in my head he was Real bcos in the films he only exists in dreams.
But yeah My hair was grey/White from Fear. So it does happen and is a real thing.
Funny though, when i first saw that scene in EVIL DEAD 2 When Ash's hair goes white from Fear, i couldn't help think of that moment when it happened to me.