HALLOWEEN 2018

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Oh man this looks good.
I watched it today, it has a very 80's feel to it and a pretty uncomplicated story line, definitely made with fans of the original Halloween 2 IMO. The final scenes in Laurie's house reminded me of Ash walking around the cabin with his shotgun .. there's even a similar pendulum clock on the wall in one room. I don't want to give any spoilers away although I can see how there could be a sequel if they cheat and re tell this films ending.

I'd give it 7 out of 10.

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Gets a nine out of ten from me; all of it was fabulous, but there's always room for improvement

And fuck yeah, Laurie!

Reactions: DyD

DyD

Spinach Chin
I watched it thursday night.

I frickin' loved it to bits. This film is truly special. It's great. The writing, directing, editing, cinematography, music and performances... It's all just pitch perfect. Those set pieces. Laurie's arc. The twists. The reversals. I love the way the film plays with expectations. I love the way it pays homage to what came before while still doing its own thing that's completely different. There are so many great moments in it. I can safely say that Halloween 2018 is one of the best films of the year so far and I have a feeling it will remain in the Top 5 for me. Actually, it has entered the list of my favorite slasher films ever. Can't wait to watch it again.

Also, that SCORE. I'm being 100% serious here when I say I want John Carpenter, Cody Carpenter and Daniel Davies to be nominated for an academy award:

Last edited:

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Thank you @Swofty @DyD ; the soundtrack is beautiful and I'm planning on buying it digitally soon.

The alternate ending ideas are pretty interesting; I'm glad they didn't use 'em but they'll make great blu-ray extras eventually!

Top Bottom