How Long Have You Been an Online Deadite?

ashwanson

Primitive Screwhead
Joined
Nov 13, 2013
Hi Deadites!

As a newer member of the forum, I'm really interested to know if anyone on here has been using the forum since it started? Also, has anyone been accessing the site - in all its iterations - since the late 90s? I'd love to hear stories of web surfing days gone by, and what has changed (or not) about the experience of being an Evil Dead fan online!
 
Hi

I wasn't posting here at the start, I joined this site in late 2000 or early 2001. This was also the first internet forum I used. I found it one night after completing a hospital ward round and, with time to waste, searched The Evil Dead on the nurse station's P.C.

Those were the days of established members like Morsoth (who was also a mod and one of the only OG's that still occasionaly post here), Raimiette, Norguard, The Outlaw Torn, Prophet, Incoherant One, NamesAshHouswares (still posts and mods here), Deus Ex Machina, Daniel (another ex mod who alongside Kain helped design the modern look of this site as well as Tom Sullivan's site), Dark Lord Ash (who had his own site) etc ...

Deadites Online was a lot busier when I joined, partly because Hail To The King had recently been released on the Playstation 1 and partly because there was still a solid network of OG posters with the site only being about 4 years old then. The term 'noob' was still in vogue then so people like myself and Names Ash Houswares took a few message board slaps but we also gave as good as we got  :wink ..

I obssesively printed off enough Deadites Online and Evil Dead stuff back then to fill three ring binders. SeeNoEvil has the only other copy of these in digital format which we/he organised last year. I printed them back then because I knew this stuff gets lost through time when it's online so wanted to build a sort of time capsual of the Evil Dead fan scene ..

One highlight of the online fan scene included us discovering the name of the jazz song played in the cellar in The Evil Dead. Fans had been searching for that since ED1 was first released so that was a golden day ..

We're also happy that this sight has become a lot friendlier to new members, Kain put a lot of work into that so we don't get flame wars anymore. We won't be enthusiastic if a new poster tells us something we already know but we also won't be rude to them either ..

We also now have a low tolerance to female posters being given crap just because they're female and that has only helped the online fan scene as a whole .. cheers online ladies  :cool
 
As hard as it is to believe (not to beliebe those v&b keys are too damn close) deadites was the first forum I ever joined, and the only one in which I have never left. You see, it all started way back in October of 2003... So I have been here for a little over 10 years now. Scary thought  :yikes. There have been countless posts which we can't count namely because the forums have been swallowed by evil on numerous occasions. The cool thing is that even when there wasn't much going on in the world of things both evil and/or dead this forum was rather lively with great conversations on all sorts of topics. If it wasn't for this site I never would have found the greatness that is Josh Becker's site, and his Evil Dead Journal, etc...

As a new member to the site I'd simply sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride no matter how bumpy it may be. Post early and often too. There is a lot of new stuff going on with the new flicks, but nothing will ever beat the originals.       
 
Hmm, roughly around three years through Tumblr, though my fandom goes back at least four more than that.
 
Top Bottom