Memorabilia question????

Swan

Primitive Screwhead
Joined
Nov 16, 2013
Years ago, before the Evil Dead was the Evil Dead, the movie had a different name.  Anybody know what that was? I have a button given to me by Bruce back in 1982 that has the original movie name on it.  He told me it might be worth something some day, because it is rare.  I have re-found this little piece of my past and I wonder.  Does anybody know of a good appraiser in this genre?  Just curious
 
The film's working title was 'The Book of the Dead' ... I don't believe they made any buttons with that title at that time but I hope I'm wrong. The only button/badges I know of are the I Bled for The Evil Dead badges ... a promotional badge that was sometimes also given away if you gave blood at a promotional blood doner van stationed at at least one of the early showings  .. I'd love one .. one appeared on ebay about ten years back.
 
There is a Book of the Dead button. Lucky you that you got one, especially given from Bruce! Just scroll to the absolute bottom of the page.

http://bookofthedead.ws/website/collectables_main.html
 
Sweet  (thanks Elise)  :cool .... if I had that I'd keep it. If I was going to sell it I'd ask a starting price of at least $200 but also put up a seriously good write up with your sale. I'd also like to see some pics (back and front) if you wouldn't mind please!  :) ..
 
Jake Maverick link said:
what you want greenbacks for when you in the UK?

I don't .. (dons the Sherlock Holmes deer stalker hat) ..... when Swan mentioned Bruce passed this on to Swan originaly, I assumed that this could only have happened in America given the time frame that this badge was 'live'. If that's the case, Swan wouldn't want to know its worth in UK pounds. $200 is worth about £125 at the moment This badge is also easy to fake as a well known Evil Dead fan site has this image in digital format.
 
Elise41 link said:
There is a Book of the Dead button. Lucky you that you got one, especially given from Bruce! Just scroll to the absolute bottom of the page.

http://bookofthedead.ws/website/collectables_main.html

Can somebody enlighten me about this site? I don't really know what I am looking at (except for the posters), the title says "collectibles"?

That page has so much stuff on it that you just need to hit the End button .. it's under Misc Collectibles ..
 
Top Bottom