My current feelings about the upcoming Evil Dead cartoon

Ryan W.

Loud Mouth Braggart
Joined
Jun 24, 2020
I'm sure it'll be great, but I'd still like to know about the characters from the AvED show.

Anyone else want to say what they feel?
 
They announced it a couple of years ago and we haven't heard about it since. I doubt it's actually happening at this point.

My guess would be that the announcement was meant to test the waters and see what people might think. And since the feedback wasn't as strong, they scraped it.

Also, in my opinion, once you loose the practical effects aspect of Evil Dead, it really looses most of its charm. Even if the show got made and it was as fun, gory, and brutal as possible, I'm not sure it could really scratch that itch that Evil Dead gives me.
 
I think I've already made my position on this pretty clear around here, but since you asked, my feelings about it can be summed up as follows:

1. I honestly doubt this animated show will ever be made.
2. I don't wanna see, hear or know about the characters (or anything else) from AvED ever again.
 
It's a year old interview. Since then no other info, no trailer. I'm still not sure about this, but I'll will keep an eye out.

Also if the show actually gets made and it's a hit that gets people into Evil Dead again, wouldn't it be great if there also was… I don't know… some sort of a multiplayer video game where people could play as the characters from the new show, interact with each other and discover other aspects of the franchise? A video game that definitely wouldn't be delisted from all stores and on its way to get its servers permanently shut down? Oh boy wouldn't that be swell.
 
Last edited:
That still shows the same results from last year. I never clamed that they officially cancelled it. All I'm saying is that other than some interviews with Bruce, nobody really showed any progress on this show.

Also the part about the animated show not being a continuation to AvED sounds pretty weird. I thought that was the whole point of why they want to make this.
 
Last edited:
That still shows the same results from last year. I never clamed that they officially cancelled it. All I'm saying is that other than some interviews with Bruce, nobody really showed any progress on this show.

Also the part about the animated show not being a continuation to AvED sounds pretty weird. I thought that was the whole point of why they want to make this.

I think they want it to be a surprise, and not predictable. Hopefully the answers will come soon.
 
Top Bottom