My Evil Dead fan-trip of a lifetime!

Excelent stuff .... will you be making a DVD sleeve for this bady boy?
 
At the Evil Dead II cabin site owner's request, I've revised the warning to fans in my first post (the bit in bold/red). Please please heed it as they are serious about this.
 
Thanks again Rob, you may possibly be the last ever fan to visit the cabin from Evil Dead 2, looking forward to seeing all the hard work pay off.  8)
 
I don't blame you for protecting the kind site owner's privacy. They've gone out of their way to show you hospitality and everyone should respect that they don't want to be affected by an over enthusiastic fan scene and trespassers. If you're reading, Happy Christmas whoever you are  :).
 
VERY cool thread..... ;) loved reading it all, wish i could have been around home when you made your trip Rob...you would have been more than welcome to visit my museum!! sounds like you had a blast. it really is amazing that those original site still exsist at all. I also belive that it very nice that you want to protect these places as well...sad truth is, some folks just dont have respect for others or their property.
I'll see about having some video/stills taken of the collection and send it your way, maybe you can put it on your new dvd!!! which i cant wait to see.

ps- someone mentioned to ED2 cabin front door? well, i am the lucky bastard that landed that bad boy! had one guy offer to buy it, aint happening!!!!!!!! ;D

take care all and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

DB. 
 
You have that front door?!  :o .. what have you done with it and any chance you could a few pics of it (please) ? ... you lucky f****r!.
 
Nick el Ass link said:
Yes. Pics, or it didn't happen.

I believe the fella .. he's got an honest face .. even if he is a bell end ..

Joking aside, I have a couple of Hellbilly1965's pm's from the 3rd and 4th of July this year that go into more detail about his salvaged 'stuff'. It's a pretty enviable hoard by the sounds of it. He did also post a few pics of an earlier visit to the ED2 cabin set before that. I printed those off but can't find a link to them now.
 
Swofty link said:
[quote author=Nick el Ass link=topic=975.msg6559#msg6559 date=1356569740]
Yes. Pics, or it didn't happen.

I believe the fella .. he's got an honest face .. even if he is a bell end ..

Joking aside, I have a couple of Hellbilly1965's pm's from the 3rd and 4th of July this year that go into more detail about his salvaged 'stuff'. It's a pretty enviable hoard by the sounds of it. He did also post a few pics of an earlier visit to the ED2 cabin set before that. I printed those off but can't find a link to them now.
[/quote]


I believe...
 
This is pretty cool if it's acurate .. a forum poster on bookofthedead.com reckons the ED2 cabin was probably also used heavily in an episode of the mid 90's show, American Gothic, produced by Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert and featuring Ted Raimi as a bank robber ... scroll down to DiamondJoe's post :

http://www.bookofthedead.ws/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=149

edit: link to the episode .. season 1, episode 17, 'Learning to Crawl':

http://www.tvchannelsfree.com/tvshows/323/American-Gothic/5.html
 
Hey guys, im unable to do any kind of pics at the moment...my camera crapped out on me some time ago and i just havent replaced it. There is a dvd in : "the making of Evil Dead 2" all the STUFF will be on it...and some other things thats youve maybe never seen!

until then...

DB.
 
Apologies to both you and Rob in advance if I'm overstepping the mark .... but wouldn't it be something if you could both work together and combine your footage into one uber documentary? .. you've told me in private in the past about some of the rarities you own (my lips are sealed).. footage of those combined with Rob's new location footage would be a real treat to watch as well as a unique permanent record of fandom buildings and artifacts that are going to be lost through time forever otherwise.   
 
its been kinda mentioned...however, i just dont have the equipment needed to do ANY kind of film work....at all really. and i think Rob may have a certain time set for his piece..however, im open to any suggestions. As i know Rob does great work and knows his shit.....I just dont want to put together som BS that just wouldnt cut it. we'll see.

Thanks Swofty! ;)
 
SeeNoEvil link said:
At the Evil Dead II cabin site owner's request, I've revised the warning to fans in my first post (the bit in bold/red). Please please heed it as they are serious about this.

Someone had better warn this high school enthusiast then ..

http://journeyofadeadite.tumblr.com/tagged/Suz-hunts-for-the-Evil-Dead-II-cabin
 
Swofty link said:
[quote author=SeeNoEvil link=topic=975.msg6545#msg6545 date=1355915174]
At the Evil Dead II cabin site owner's request, I've revised the warning to fans in my first post (the bit in bold/red). Please please heed it as they are serious about this.

Someone had better warn this high school enthusiast then ..

http://journeyofadeadite.tumblr.com/tagged/Suz-hunts-for-the-Evil-Dead-II-cabin
[/quote]

I've already done it! I did it not long after Rob posted the warning. But got no response. I do know who that person is.
 
She's found Rob's visit links at any rate .. hope she doesn't get in trouble ..

http://journeyofadeadite.tumblr.com/
 
Just found this google streetview map taking us through the Frying Pan tunnel from the intro of Evil Dead 2 ..
;D

http://itouchmap.com/?d=2035914&s=NC&f=tunnel
 
Top Bottom