My horror books

Surtur

Loud Mouth Braggart
Hello, everyone.

In my spare time, I write short horror stories and books that share certain traits with the comedic styling of Evil Dead 2. Currently, I have two short story collections and a novel published.

Please do not think that I am trying to sell books here, because it is quite the opposite! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, send me a message and I will email you digital copies for free. I love this site and fanbase, and being able to share is my pleasure. I will post amazon links below for reference because it is the easiest way to share the information here, but again, I will gladly give them to the community here for free.

Symposium of the Reaper: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BQ42BZ5...d=1665635076&sr=8-1&ref=dbs_dp_rwt_sb_pc_tpbk

Thanks for stopping by. I look forward to the future of the Evil Dead franchise and posting here more often again.

My email is also aadamssotr@gmail.com if you would like to send me an email directly.

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart
Awesome! Is there any way I can still support? Do you have an instagram?
You can follow my instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/marcmbusch/

For now it is private, but I plan to go public and do more publicity for my stories later this year. At the moment I am writing a horror story with historic setting. I want to finish it first.

I just wrote you an e-mail regarding your stories.

Last edited:

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart
I just read some stories from your second book. I will give you feedback when I have read the whole book.

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart
I just finished your second book (I started randomly with it and not your first one). Most important thing: You can write. I did not recognise any formal mistakes, plotholes, bumpy phrasing etc. (as far as I can judge being a non native speaker). Your style is smooth and easy to read, but it also shows variety.

In general I prefer lush prose or a interesting perspective over texts that consist mostly of dialogue. Your stories "As Within So Without" and "Fear of Life" pleased me the most in this regard. I also really enjoyed "The Beast and Me" a lot because it is told in an unique point of view (it reminded me a little bit of a certain Jack London story) and also has an interesting climax. In my opinion a frightening, shocking and depressing finale is almost more important for a horror short story than style, setting etc. A fate worse than death or something witty. In this regard I liked "The Hunger...It Aches" the most. The main part of the text is quite zany and sometimes even silly and although the punch line of the whole thing was foreshadowed you managed to deliver it with the right amount of sadism and nihilism. The ending of "Hell is Other People" also made me chuckle, but I missed this kind of endings in some of the other stories. For example I also enjoyed "Eye for an Eye". It reads more like a splatter action comic than horror, it is energetic and has fast pacing, but as far as the language barrier did not make me miss the point I expected something more special at the end. In my opinion "Lake Umbrella", "Killers Anonymous" and "The Truth About Cannibalism" are the weaker stories in this respect and also in this volume in my opinion. But that does not mean they are bad. I generally just prefer horror in style of H.P. Lovecraft, Algernon Blackwood or Thomas Ligotti. Stephen King in contrast for example never scared me even for a second.

Overall I really enjoyed the read. Keep going.

I also just sent you my story "Wendigo Diner" from 2020. As stated before I am not a native English speaker. I just translated the story with Google Translator for you. As far as I can judge the translation results seems to be fine but I am sure there will be things off, strange phrases etc. when you read it. The use of commas is also quite different in German. But I would be happy to get your feedback regarding the plot in general.

If any of you other folks is interested, I can send it to you as well.

May I also ask how you operate with social media like instagram? As stated above my instagram account is private at the moment with only around 60 followers (friends and family). You have more than 1.500 followers. How have you gathered those?

Last edited:

Surtur

Loud Mouth Braggart
Those are phenomenal notes, thank you! It's funny that your favorite stories are also the ones I felt I did better as well, whereas many people like the more straightforward and gory stories. Thank you again for reading and I'm sure I will need to comb through your detailed notes a few more times. I would love to read your story (got the email) and will share my thoughts here as well. I love the artwork too.

As far as instagram goes, in my experience you will pick up a lot more new followers once it is public. I have a personal page too with family photos and that one is private. From there, it helps to engage with other authors and book related accounts. I didn't realize before that there is a massive community of book reviewers, and most will follow you back if you give them a follow. Getting reviews for your work is a huge boost too, then repost and share. Use the right hashtags as much as possible. Also, my first book was published over 6 months ago and has had a bit of time to grow now, but slow and steady seems to be to the way to go. I will also be sure to give you a shout out. Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart
Thank you a lot. I will be traveling the next few days. After that I will read your other stories.

Surtur

Loud Mouth Braggart
Hey, Marc. Just wanted to let you know I didn't forget about your story. I am a teacher and this time of year is lunacy. I am downloading an ereader on my laptop now to read it :cool:

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart
Hey, Marc. Just wanted to let you know I didn't forget about your story. I am a teacher and this time of year is lunacy. I am downloading an ereader on my laptop now to read it :cool:
No hurry, but thank you for the update

Top Bottom