One December Night a Hallmark Channel movie starring Bruce Campbell.

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Last edited:

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
A movie poster with an extended preview.

DyD

Spinach Chin
Hallmark movies are... Well, Hallmark movies, but it sure is nice to see Bruce in that kind of role. It'd be 100% alright with me if the man never had to act in another horror comedy or comic booky thing ever again.

DeathLivesAgain

Loud Mouth Braggart
Is this that long-delayed movie Bruce was talking about years ago where he is a country singer? Or is this an additional country singer movie?

UPDATE: The movie I'm thinking of is called Highly Functional. It still hasn't released.

Last edited:

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart
I am German. So I am totally unaware about Hallmark movies. Are those flicks corny TV trash?

DyD

Spinach Chin
I am German. So I am totally unaware about Hallmark movies. Are those flicks corny TV trash?

I'm also not american, so I'm only aware of Hallmark movies from the odd trailer I catch here and there and from what I've read people say about them on the internet through the years, but from what I've gathered, yes, they're generally cheap, corny, wholesome TV movies with a seasonal bent – usually Christmas.

Last edited:

DeathLivesAgain

Loud Mouth Braggart
Pretty much. They can be enjoyable. Like Lifetime has movies about women loving abusive men and killing the competitive hot young babysitter their abusive boyfriend/husband is impregnating (very documentary-like) - like Syfy has CGI creature-features - Hallmark has Christmas, Western, Rich, Conservative, Feel-Good movies about perfect love and living happily ever after, usually involving golden retrievers and the whitest life you can imagine.

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky

Hallmark spends the early part of each year cranking out a staggering number of movies with the same formula and similar casts to get ready for the holiday season. It doesn't mean this one will be bad, but we will see on Saturday... and I don't think I have ever seen Bruce in anything that he didn't improve even with a cameo.

hkZPVYSg.jpg

Last edited:

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Someone on set was a big fan of the earlier eras of Bruce Campbell, and used an old headshot for a standee in this scene despite using a regular shot of Peter Gallagher. I will have more to say about the movie when I can watch the replay later tonight at about 6 o'clock with fewer distractions.

Last edited:

DyD

Spinach Chin
This movie got me curious if I might've missed any larger, non-cameo roles from Bruce in lesser known "regular" movies during the years, so I went to take a closer look at his TV movie and DTV filmography and OMG WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING AND HOW COME I DIDN'T KNOW OF ITS EXISTENCE UNTIL JUST NOW!?:

Last edited:

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Oh, man. They really went out of their way to get red carpet footage of Bruce for the opening of the movie, and the lady who does most of the singing has a pretty voice.

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Saw Nick on the Twits for this one and it was delightful. A cut above the typical Hallmark fare. Gallagher and Bruce had some nice chemistry.

@DyD - Have you seen his Wonderful World of Disney movies yet? Also: You can get Icebreaker MST3K-style; it's available on the Rifftrax website!

DyD

Spinach Chin
Have you seen his Wonderful World of Disney movies yet? Also: You can get Icebreaker MST3K-style; it's available on the Rifftrax website!

I'm aware of his Love Bug and think I might've even watched it at some point even though I can't remember a thing about it, but right up until yesterday I was just as oblivious to Goldrush: A Real Life Alaskan Adventure as I was to Icebreaker. Is it any good or at least fun to watch?

And yeah, the first clips from Icebreaker I found on YouTube were all from Rifftrax, but I think that if I ever decide to watch the whole thing I'll probably wanna watch the original version first. It already seems funny enough even without the riffin'.

Last edited:

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Saw Nick on the Twits for this one and it was delightful. A cut above the typical Hallmark fare. Gallagher and Bruce had some nice chemistry.

I wish I could have live tweeted the whole show, but when it came on I was kind of distracted with all the other stuff going on that night... and watched the replay the next day. One December Night is without a doubt the best movie Hallmark has ever made (IMDB had it rated at 8.2,) and the cast worked well together considering what it was about. The best part of the whole movie though was seeing Bruce nail a role with the only fight involving giant candy canes and a inflated snowman, but I wasn't ready for the comments from people about how he/it made them cry.

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
I'm aware of his Love Bug and think I might've even watched it at some point even though I can't remember a thing about it, but right up until yesterday I was just as oblivious to Goldrush: A Real Life Alaskan Adventure as I was to Icebreaker. Is it any good or at least fun to watch?

And yeah, the first clips from Icebreaker I found on YouTube were all from Rifftrax, but I think that if I ever decide to watch the whole thing I'll probably wanna watch the original version first. It already seems funny enough even without the riffin'.

I personally like Goldrush - his chemistry with Alyssa Milano is the best part IMO.

@Nick el Ass -It really was unexpectedly pretty competent. The kid's romance worked and built itself up in a realistic manner.

I think a lot of people may have cried because Bruce's character's diagnosis reminded them of an Alzheimer's patient in their own lives.

For the curious, One December Night should be available as an OnDemand title BTW.

Reactions: DyD
Top Bottom