Sam Raimi/Fede Alvarez Horror Project Scheduled for August 2016 release

DeadByDawn

Loud Mouth Braggart
Joined
Jan 13, 2013
Sam Raimi/Fede Alvarez New Movie

A Man in the Dark

sam-raimi-fede-alvarez.jpg


In a pre-American Film Market move, Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert will re-team with “Evil Dead” collaborators Fede Alvarez and Rodo Sayagues on the thriller “A Man in the Dark.”

Good Universe will launch international sales next week at AFM. WME Global will be handling the North American sales.

Alvarez directed and co-wrote the screenplay with Sayagues on last year’s “Evil Dead,” the fourth title in the “Evil Dead” franchise and the first not directed by Raimi. That film grossed nearly $100 million in worldwide box office.

Alvarez is set to direct “A Man in the Dark” and Raimi and Tapert will produce for Ghost House. J.R. Young, Nathan Kahane and Joe Drake will exec produce. Erin Westerman will oversee the project.

The story centers on a trio of teens who get away with perfectly planned home robberies and have targeted a reclusive blind man with millions of dollars in hiding. But as soon as they break into his home, the tables are turned and they find themselves fighting for survival against a psychopath.

Raimi’s best known for directing the “Spider-Man” trilogy.

Alvarez is represented by WME, Anonymous Content and Karl Austen of Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein. Sayagues is represented by WME and Anonymous Content. Dan Freedman negotiated their deals on behalf of Ghost House Pictures.

Source: https://variety.com/2014/film/news/sam-raimi-a-man-in-the-dark-fede-alvarez-1201343516/
 
Re: Sam Raimi/Fede Alvarez New Movie

So whatever happened to Inferno?  Did Alvarez get taken off that project? 

Meh, the project sort of sounds like a cross between The People Under the Stairs and Wait Until Dark. My continued sentiment that Fede wouldn't know originality from a chunk of chocolate remains intact. 
 
I was trying to remember if we had an actual thread dedicated to this yet but couldn't conjure it up with a cursory search! :) So I went ahead and made a fresh one. 

It's interesting to note that Fede's career without Sam's bolstering has been sort of uneven - the only thing he's produced since the movie was released was an episode of FDTD the series.  IDK why he's not getting more offers, it was a number one movie for awhile.
 
The thing about Fede Alverez is he has only made one movie so he is just really getting started, and needs a little help from someone like Sam Raimi to get things rolling. I agree with Swofty that the remake although I'm not sure if it was a true remake, or not was a lot better than most will give Fede credit for... and I look forward to see what he can do while directing his own movie project(s) in the future. My guess is he is being very picky when it comes to what projects he works on even though someone so fresh likely can't be too picky though.
 
Nick el Ass said:
The thing about Fede Alverez is he has only made one movie so he is just really getting started, and needs a little help from someone like Sam Raimi to get things rolling. I agree with Swofty that the remake although I'm not sure if it was a true remake, or not was a lot better than most will give Fede credit for... and I look forward to see what he can do while directing his own movie project(s) in the future. My guess is he is being very picky when it comes to what projects he works on even though someone so fresh likely can't be too picky though.


I think a lot of it seems to be driven by the fact that Fede hasn't really managed a major project without Sam's assist/production/$$$ yet.   It would be nice to see him do something that's not a remake of someone else's ideas.
 
Pfft.  It might as well be a sequel to the remake.
 
If Fede, Jane Levy, and Sam Raimi are all involved, I suspect "Man in the Dark" is some project codename for the Evil Dead remake sequel. I hope so, anyway.
 
Since there's an elaborate scenario I'm actually pretty convinced that this will actually end up being a heist movie.  Which sounds kind of derivative of "Wait Until Dark".
 
Fede has also signed to do a film version of the comic Incognito.
 
Top Bottom