The Evil Dead 2 piano ..

Swofty

Unseen Force
Staff member
Joined
Jan 20, 2008
I remember reading (or hearing) somewhere that when Raimi & co. were finished shooting the cabin interior shots in the high school gym, the screen used piano was donated to the school. Can anyone else remember anything about that or am I imagining it? ..thanks .. 
 
Thank you for the answer Hellbilly1965 ... though the high school in question, the J.R. Faison Junior High School in Wadesboro is abandoned now, has been photographed recently as being so and was when the filming took place. That's discussed in Bill Warren's 'The Evil Dead Companion' (page 117). I'm just curious about where the piano is now. Is it rotting in the empty gym?. Unless you know, this could make for another good Evil Dead fan quest. 
 
I wish i could post pics, however im working on something and it involves the pics i took back in 10/11..i know a few guys from here in NC that worked on ED2, and i heard just about everything! :) The piano is in the school section of Faison... the gym is across a street that runs down behind the place. I hate saying this but the gym may have been torn down by now.....Back in 2010 when i was there last, one part of the place had already been bulldozed... I was very lucky in the fact that Tom Sullivan and Tony Elwood, especially Tony! He helped me get my foot in the door of the land owner in Lilesville where the cabin and tool shed exts were built. Ive been putting together a ED2 museum of sorts for the past couple years.... Got a lot set pieces, props, sculptures, scale models,etc. Ive been dying to get pictures up, but m waiting on a couple things first. anyone have any questions concerning the making of ED2 i may be able to help.
 
Thanks for the clarification Hellbilly1965, I'm glad the school itself is still going and containing the original piano  8) .. looking forward to learning more through your pictures, stories, props and set pieces from ED2 and excited to see/hear them all.
 
Hey Swofty, heres something some folks may or may not know.. the "Rotten apple monster" was also left behind after filming because it was so big. it may still be around as well. But, i have talked to "both" tony's the one that built it and the one that operated it during filming, and both say they didnt think it would have lasted this long due to the materials used to construct it...but then again i was also told that there was no way the cabin and wood shed would be nothing but a pill of rotten wood. and when i obtained the front door and one of the breakaway doors (used during "Evil Force" chase scene with Bruce/Ash, they still have the red, green, and black blood used!!! insane! you should see howdamn giant those windows are from the cabin..A 6ft tall person could walk right through with out bending over at all!!!! HUGE. Th front door (and the smaller one above it) from the tool shed are in my collection as well. I consider myself very lucky in the fact that i was givin some much from one of my all time favorite films.

DB.
 
Man you are insanely lucky! Rotten Apple Head was indeed taken the Halloween after the shoot and used in a local haunted house but from what I heard, what you said seems true that it wouldn't last this long. I'm excited to hear that you will be posting pictures of your ED 2 set collection. I'll be here waiting until you get around to posting it. I'd love to see it.
 
Top Bottom