V2000 ED .. a game changer

Swofty

Unseen Force
Staff member
Joined
Jan 20, 2008
Normally I'd post this in the ebay thread but it's too cool not to share .... bitter sweet for me because I've just marginally lost an ebay auction to win probably the rarest The Evil Dead video cassette of all, released by Palace Pictures along with the regular VHS and Betamax, this only plays/played on the V2000 video machine. This cassette was unique in that you could play and record on both sides like an audio cassette. Hats off to who ever won this beauty, it went for about £206, beating my bid only by £5  :facepalm :laughing ..... on the plus side, we've all uncovered another holy grail to hunt down and expanded the Evil Dead knowledge  :cool 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Very-Rare-Evil-Dead-Palace-pre-cert-video-V2000-/271675905714?pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_Videos&hash=item3f412556b2&autorefresh=true

edit: a little about the V2000 system and the video format wars that was its demise:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_2000
 
Here's another copy released by Hollywood Video in France.

http://thedeaditeslayer.com/image/42718784924

You lost to our very own Rob of course. Man I wish my pockets were as deep as his!

This is the only format for the trilogy (in about a few days, a UMD is coming in the mail) that I do not own and for good reason. The absolute rarity of it course. I swear I will get my hands on one though...I hope.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(sorry Elise, pressed the wrong button and jumped into your post)

reply from Swofty:

There is another one! ..... I just thought that back to myself in Yoda's voice btw  :bigsmile

Congratulations Rob, a beautiful score! and again if I can't have it, at least I know it's going somewhere safe!  :thumbup

It's the only format I'm missing for Evil Dead 1 unless you count acetate movie film canisters. I still see PSP game machines at car boot sales (do you have car boot sales in Cananda?) that are fairly cheap and have thought about picking one up just to watch my UMD ... I might take some batteries and my disc with me to the next sale to test a machine ... 
 
Top Bottom