What didn't you like about the reboot?

CJMasten

S-Mart Clerk
Joined
Apr 12, 2014
For me there were a couple things, but none more importantly than the actual Knowby Cabin itself.
Why was this changed so much?  The cabin itself was one of the biggest icons of the original franchise. The cellar door right in front of the fireplace? Why does that even make sense. I would have loved to see the same layout, same interior as the originals.

Secondly, the book.  Not even a face on it, why not.  They basically threw out the idea of a evil face and went jeepers creepers on a book. 

Thirdly, the "force" makes its appearance chasing Mia, annnnnnd it's gone.  It's basically a main character in the originals, and maybe a cameo in the reboot. 

Even the woods annoy me, it's far too exotic and ruin the whole campy America look.  I could probably go on, but I want to hear it from others too... :eyeroll
 
I wasn't too keen on the look of the woods either .. they looked fake.

Grandpa the dog was pretty pointless ... I was hoping it was going to become possessed. All it did was pull back the rug then later get slaughtered which only turned my stomach.
 
Inca the dog needs a new agent !!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5570175/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t15
 
A pointless one .. :wink

(I think it was a long haired Labrador? ... can't remember)

edit: Would any of these be any good to you Jake?

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=download+free+video+player
 
I'm not having any problems with pm'ing and haven't heard any problems from anyone else ... Kain is pretty busy with 'real world' stuff at the moment. Sorry I can't help you, I don't have Admin functions to check it out  :sad. I'm glad you're still posting here anyway  :wink.
 
Ahaha well:

* Shiloh Fernandez.  Just.  Shiloh.  Fernandez.

* The weird way they shot the woods.  I get what Alvarez was TRYING to accomplish (contrast the very dry look of the woods in the original by making it look like you're trapped in an aquarium in the remake), but in HD it looked faaaake.

* They made absolutely no use of the cabins the way the original movie did.  It could have been set in a mcmansion for all the advantage they took of its primitive, rural nature.

* The way the vine rape scene was handled.

* The wholesale misuse of Evil Dead lore
Oh look, you don't even have to sever people limb from limb anymore!  Just shoot them in the head a couple of times and they fall over!  And apparently you can burn them at the stake and bury them!  All that stuff about them still wiggling even as they're cut into pieces?  Pshaw!

* The most unintentionally hilarious big bad ever
I get that they were trying to go somewhere Freudian with Mia's struggle but to the observer?  An anorexic Mia with ET's voice is not scary.  If you were satan, this is now how you'd rise to try and take over the world.

* The awful makeup on Jane, which due to her bone structure made her look like Linda Blair.  In fact, the general feeling I had that Fede would rather be remaking the Exorcist.

* For all the praise the practical effects, the fact that
Elizabeth's forearm was cast too large is super noticable when Natalie's arm peels off after the arm severing scene.

* The terrible script and the nonsensical plot twists taken to reach the conclusion, and the horror wasn't scary enough to distract me from them.

* The criminal way they misused Deadite Mia, who
NEVER LEAVES THE CELLAR FROM THE TIME DAVID KICKS HER DOWN INTO THERE UNTIL ERIC "KILLS" HER NEAR THE END.
.  Hint: it's not scary when your have to come to your demonically possessed character versus them chasing you.  At least Cheryl
leaves the cellar to torment Ash.

(Also I would've loved for that dog to become possessed but that would've probably veered too close to horror comedy).
 
Very in depth and I agree,

rumors leaking of a new project, I don't know what to believe?
 
I have Actual News about that, heading over to that thread to discuss.  Also I agree RE total misuse of the Force, which was actually connected to a physical being in this version for reasons unknown.  Just.  Why. 
WHAT MAKES THE FORCE SCARY IS THAT IT'S THIS INCREDIBLE INVISIBLE UNKNOWN EVIL THAT'S SO SCARY TO BEHOLD ASH'S HAIR TURNED WHITE IN THE SEQUEL.
 
Very true, even fitting through passageways behind bathrooms and through doors just to get stuck in the front door before an eye gouge, never got it, and never will care!

Best use of a 2x4 and a camera!

It didn't even have a voice in the reboot neither  :um
 
I think that was a choice they made with the orchestration - which is one of a thimbleful of things I actually enjoyed in the movie.

It's a very small thimble but it's there.
 
Top Bottom