Who played Linda better?

NoFretChet

S-Mart Clerk
Two different actresses portrayed Linda in Evil Dead 1 and Evil Dead 2. Betsy Baker played Linda in ED1 and Denise Bixler (I think was her name) played her in ED2. We aren't counting the actress in Army of Darkness because she didn't have a speaking role and we are skipping the Ash vs Evil Dead actor because it only showed her deadite head. I felt like both portrayals were very different from each other as they feel like two different people, and I like it that way

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
It's too bad Bridget Fonda's lines got cut from AOD, because she did have a couple of scenes with Ash.

I have to go with Betsy, because her Deadite performance in particular is incredible.

NoFretChet

S-Mart Clerk
It's too bad Bridget Fonda's lines got cut from AOD, because she did have a couple of scenes with Ash.

I have to go with Betsy, because her Deadite performance in particular is incredible.
Denise's deadite performance was so boring honestly

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Denise does a pretty good job of sliding between wickedly demonic and innocently romantic, which definitely works for ED2 Linda.

Now I just want Betsy to play Linda's ghost one more time.

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart

Oh cool, that's new to me. Do you know anything specific regarding the content of those scenes? Additional prologue scenes? Maybe even with Linda being possessed?

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Oh cool, that's new to me. Do you know anything specific regarding the content of those scenes? Additional prologue scenes? Maybe even with Linda being possessed?

Bruce posted a still of the two of them interacting at S-Mart a few years back; it's the first picture in Rob's AOD gallery over on Book of the Dead. There was supposed to be a whole subplot about how Ash's boss was tough on him and he has trouble standing up to him. Bruce has talked about that on and off over the years. The footage burned in the Universal fire? I think? Anyone else remember this?

NoFretChet

S-Mart Clerk

Actually do they have the deleted scenes online anywhere

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Actually do they have the deleted scenes online anywhere
Depends on which ones you're looking for! The ones with BF and Bruce and the guy who they hired to play Mr. Smart (whose name escapes me) have never surfaced, there are rumors they burned in the Universal fire.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Yep, that's all we know about them so far! I hope they'll resurface in full aside from existing solely in stills.

Top Bottom