Within the Woods VHS

bemerick

Primitive Screwhead
Joined
Nov 20, 2024
Location
Des Plaines, IL
Hi fellow fans! I've been working on VHS transfers and restorations for a few years and recently with the release of the Retrotink 4K and its later 480i raw capture settings I've been getting really good results. I was hoping to find a low gen WtW copy to take a crack at an even better transfer than anything we have so far. I've been reading up on the Book of the Dead site with DeusExMachina copies which do look very good. Was wondering it I could do even better with the new tech. I know not many have that box since it's very expensive, plus it needs a very specific HDMI connection to keep the 480i.

Anyway, does anyone know if there is someone with a low gen copy who would be willing to work with me?

Also, does anyone know a way to get the DeusExMachina brightened version to take a look? Thanks!
 
Hi fellow fans! I've been working on VHS transfers and restorations for a few years and recently with the release of the Retrotink 4K and its later 480i raw capture settings I've been getting really good results. I was hoping to find a low gen WtW copy to take a crack at an even better transfer than anything we have so far. I've been reading up on the Book of the Dead site with DeusExMachina copies which do look very good. Was wondering it I could do even better with the new tech. I know not many have that box since it's very expensive, plus it needs a very specific HDMI connection to keep the 480i.

Anyway, does anyone know if there is someone with a low gen copy who would be willing to work with me?

Also, does anyone know a way to get the DeusExMachina brightened version to take a look? Thanks!

It’s great that you’re diving into VHS transfers and restorations with such cutting-edge tech! The Retrotink 4K is a solid choice for capturing those raw 480i signals, and with the right source, you could definitely push the quality further than previous transfers. As for finding a low-gen WtW copy, you might want to reach out directly to collectors or groups dedicated to VHS restoration—often, people are willing to share or collaborate on projects like this. For the DeusExMachina brightened version, checking out fan forums or specialized communities might help you track it down, as some versions could be shared privately within those spaces.
 
Thanks! I actually got the Book of the Dead I and II blurays from the creator of those. Really cool. I'd still like to find a low gen VHS of WTW, someday though. I wonder if anyone involved in the Domesday Project has transferred it?
 
Top Bottom