Evil Dead Collectables

Hurley

Spinach Chin
Staff member
Joined
Jul 9, 2015
Location
Brno, Czech Republic
I just got my Evil Dead II Necronomicon wallet from Middle of Beyond and it's pretty great! The only setback is that it's a minimalist wallet so I don't have anywhere to put my coins in, but I think I'll figure something out.

View attachment 72

I also thought this could be an interesting opportunity to create this special thread where we can share our own Evil Dead collectables. So everything Evil Dead you own, get it over here!
 
Tom Sullivan is pissed at those guys for not getting the license off of him.
 
Tom Sullivan is pissed at those guys for not getting the license off of him.
That wouldn't surprise me, he's been pursuing this sort of thing for years although lawyers cost money (his words), newer Deadites might not remember the time when the McFarlane Ash figure came out with a mini BOTD without Tom's permission, that's when he started getting proactive about people using his art and now owns the copyright to his BOTD and Kandarian dagger.

Has he said anywhere that he's also unhappy with this specific wallet Elise ?.
 
I made this vid a couple of years back, my favourite stuff's mostly at the front but to be honest I didn't want everything to fall off the shelves to find other unseen stuff hidden behind it so this is about half of it (I'm a middle aged man for Christ's sake, I can go full on teenager in denial forever) .. the unseen bits are mostly original printed things, all my copies are in my cupboard behind and fortunately digitally back up stored and in the safe hands of SeeNoEvil .. because I'm deliberately a sloppy bastard so we're lucky he's done that for us all .. this is nearly all of everything so far and up to date ..


.. and the folders I built preserved with big gratitude to and by SeeNoEvil ..

http://www.bookofthedead.ws/website/features_swoftys_evil_dead_folders.html
 
Last edited:
That wouldn't surprise me, he's been pursuing this sort of thing for years although lawyers cost money (his words), newer Deadites might not remember the time when the McFarlane Ash figure came out with a mini BOTD without Tom's permission, that's when he started getting proactive about people using his art and now owns the copyright to his BOTD and Kandarian dagger.

Has he said anywhere that he's also unhappy with this specific wallet Elise ?.

Yeah it's all on Facebook that you're going to see this stuff. On the other hand, he is very happy with his relationship with Fright Rags and Trick or Treat Studios who have respected the license.
 
So when Starz bought the rights for AvED or Space Goat for their Evil Dead II comic book series, they also had to get a separate license for Tom's Necronomicon and Kandarian Dagger design?
 
I made this vid a couple of years back, my favourite stuff's mostly at the front but to be honest I didn't want everything to fall off the shelves to find other unseen stuff hidden behind it so this is about half of it (I'm a middle aged man for Christ's sake, I can go full on teenager in denial forever) .. the unseen bits are mostly original printed things, all my copies are in my cupboard behind and fortunately digitally back up stored and in the safe hands of SeeNoEvil .. because I'm deliberately a sloppy bastard so we're lucky he's done that for us all .. this is nearly all of everything so far and up to date ..

Great collection!
 
Great collection!
Ta .. not the largest and I've since sold on the lamp (money hardship and the Mrs was worried about me lighting it for romantic nighttime beach barbecues and Christmas carol singing which was half the reason I bought it) ... most of the off camera stuff's promotional paperwork I've picked up on my travels, if a comic book store or cinema had anything Evil Dead related that was free (including 2D sleeves of the BOTD foam latex DVD that were only used for promotional purposes .. sadly I've lost those) .. it was hard work but worth it to sweat the UK cinema poster from my local cinema, that involved a member of staff smuggling it about so the manageress didn't find out .. most of my VHS's were bought there and then at the time style.
 
Top Bottom