Fede Alvarez hinting at Evil Dead 2?

If you can't tell from my avatar , im pretty damn excited for this! I've always been one of those hoping they would have gone with their original plan (Evil Dead 2, AoD2, Crossover) instead of the show. And i always knew that Fede's Evil Dead ideas were never "ended".

Honestly, this might be the best chance we get to see Ash back on the big screen eventually. I'm glad to see Mia return regardless.
 
Last edited:
The only highlight from that film was mia, i was bored with the rest of it.

I don't know about ash being involved with that film, the chances of that happening are extremely unlikely at this point considering where his character is currently at and what the actor currently wants to do, i'd rather it just stay in it's own lane and keeps things separated at this point.
 
The only highlight from that film was mia, i was bored with the rest of it.

I don't know about ash being involved with that film, the chances of that happening are extremely unlikely at this point considering where his character is currently at and what the actor currently wants to do, i'd rather it just stay in it's own lane and keeps things separated at this point.

Definitely don't think Bruce will be in this first sequel BUT if the movie does really well and Fede wants to pitch a crossover movie (maybe with Raimi directing, like he has said on reddit) then im pretty sure Bruce will rethink his "retirement"
 
Yes this is the best possible path to ever seeing Ash again. Just like before, if the film does well at box office then that would secure more funding for Evil Dead 4. I would rather not see the crossover happen, but first things first.

I for one enjoyed the remake, and I would be interested to see where they could take Mia. If they could pull off the type of Evil Dead to Evil Dead 2 progression in character and quality, well count me in.
 
I honestly thought Fede Alvarez's movie stood well on it's own. While I didn't like it quite as much as the Bruce Campbell films, I did appreciate his take on the Evil Dead brand and it was just cool to have a totally different take on the material. Much in the same way that all three of the original Evil Dead films were quite different from one another. I hope this poll actually leads him to develop Evil Dead 2. I would very much like to see that film. Especially with Bruce Campbell completely retired from the role of Ash Williams.
 
Everything Kevin just said ... Fede could have been intimidated, he could have just done a lazy fan pleasing remake instead but he stuck to the cruel spirit of the original 'The Evil Dead', his version punched me in the face all over again, I even hand picked the flea pit cinema to watch it in and wasn't disappointed.. I'd love to see where he (and his best mate who co wrote it with him) can take a sequel to now ..

I attempted to show Fede's Evil Dead to a woman I know (she's gay, her partner who I sort of knew died because of substance abuse), she actually started to get upset about half an hour into it and she's no lightweight so I had to turn it off .. the sign of a true Evil Dead movie .. yes, we can all chuckle at the Kermit The Frog style adventure movie antics of Army Of Darkness, applaud Ash's comic book bravado in Evil Dead 2 but the darkest layers were always in the first film .. The Evil Dead should never be just 'entertaining', it should grab you by the throat, throw you against a wall and not apologise .. IMO, Fede's film would have been improved by Mia crawling down the road, surviving everything against all of the odds so we're all rooting for her ...... and then just being run over by a random truck .. same as the end of Ash in the first movie ..
 
Last edited:
Everything Kevin just saidIMO, Fede's film would have been improved by Mia crawling down the road, surviving everything against all of the odds so we're all rooting for her ...... and then just being run over by a random truck .. same as the end of Ash in the first movie ..

Fede on the Shockwaves podcast i believe 2 years ago talked about a scene that was shot but left out of the final movie which had Mia walking down the woods after the finale , turn at the camera and scream while she was attacked by the evil entity just like the end of Ash in The Evil Dead. He wanted to make it a gif and release it at one point on the internet just to see the reactions.
 
The poll is closed now with the results being 70% for Evil Dead 2 and just 20% for Don't Breathe 2. With Bruce Campbell officially retired again from the role of Ash Williams, I believe that Evil Dead 2 is likely the best option moving forward. It was in my opinion that Fede Alvarez kind of pulled off the impossible by creating a remake of what is my favorite film franchise and didn't completely screw it up. It was his own take on the material while also playing homage to the originals. Many loved it, some despised it as that's the case of opinions.

I do hope that this poll shows him there is a pretty huge demand for him to return to the Evil Dead franchise. Honestly I can't see anyone else more qualified to tackle this franchise what with Bruce gone and Sam Raimi obviously moving on from the franchise. This may be the best option we get for "more Evil Dead". Personally this lessens the sting a little that my favorite show was canceled just two weeks ago and at least gives us something new in the Evil Dead universe. Even if it's not with Bruce Campbell.

I would assume that he asked for people's opinions here because he wants to gauge real interest in what his next film project should be and he was looking to do a sequel to either film. This poll in theory will lead him to tackling an Evil Dead 2.

The real question is... what will an Evil Dead 2 look like? Return to the cabin? A new location? Maybe evil finds Mia somewhere? I only hope it continues to creepy atmospheric feel of his original film and doesn't change up the format for the sequel to the point where it no longer feels like Evil Dead.

Kain may just have a new reason to keep this forums going... also that terrible looking Evil Dead: Endless Nightmare is getting VR support...

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/05/05/evil-dead-endless-nightmare-vr/
 
It definitely beats a Ghost Beaters spin off. I know Kelly has become something of a strong female icon among fans but I found her a bit loud and annoying. She had her place in the show but I could NOT handle her as the “new Ash”. I would be fine with a Brandy/Mia crossover as well, that would solve that problem with fans while also avoiding the Ash/Mia crossover that would be weird.
 
Fede on the Shockwaves podcast i believe 2 years ago talked about a scene that was shot but left out of the final movie which had Mia walking down the woods after the finale , turn at the camera and scream while she was attacked by the evil entity just like the end of Ash in The Evil Dead.


The big problem with Fede's version is that some of the best parts like Mia singing in the cellar which was only in the trailer while the extended ending only came to light when the movie aired in the UK. I remember seeing it when someone posted the ending on Youtube, and it got a little bit of buzz... but I never bought any other version of ED 2013 after the original Blu-ray.
 
I would assume that he asked for people's opinions here because he wants to gauge real interest in what his next film project should be and he was looking to do a sequel to either film. This poll in theory will lead him to tackling an Evil Dead 2.

I wonder how far into an Evil Dead 2 script Fede and Rodo currently are. Assuming they actually weren't lying when they said back at the 2013 premiere of the reboot that they had already started writing the sequel i wouldn't be surprised if they have a pretty general idea of where they want to go...maybe they already have the script half ready/done. Or at least some drafts of it. But yeah , to be asking that question he was definitely thinking of returning to either Evil Dead or Don't Breathe for his next project regardless.

The real question is... what will an Evil Dead 2 look like? Return to the cabin? A new location? Maybe evil finds Mia somewhere? I only hope it continues to creepy atmospheric feel of his original film and doesn't change up the format for the sequel to the point where it no longer feels like Evil Dead.

I hope it continues to a different setting, a return to the cabin would be too much "Evil Dead 2", maybe end it back at the cabin tho...


I remember reading a concept idea for a sequel somewhere which seemed pretty interesting to me. Shortly after escaping Mia gets accused of slaughtering her family and friends at the cabin (She already had her mother go nuts so they could tie that whole thing in, being predisposed to it etc). With there being too many evidence against her ( her blood all over the place, hand prints on a chainsaw etc) she gets send to an Insane Asylum which then gets possessed by the deadites from within (either through Mia or someone else).
 
It definitely beats a Ghost Beaters spin off. I know Kelly has become something of a strong female icon among fans but I found her a bit loud and annoying. She had her place in the show but I could NOT handle her as the “new Ash”. I would be fine with a Brandy/Mia crossover as well, that would solve that problem with fans while also avoiding the Ash/Mia crossover that would be weird.

What about pablo ? It wouldn't just be her and brandy, you can't have those two without the heart of the group and the only guy who can walk the line between good and evil, imagine all of the possibilities/scenarios and conflicts you could pull off with him with those new abilities his obtained, his like the evil dead's Dr.Strange or Shadowman, you could do a lot of interesting shit with him, hell maybe you could have him teach brandy,kelly and the knights the Sumerian Language and have him teach others the type of evil to look out for.

it would've been interesting to see kelly slowly mellow out and becoming much more focused and mature as a leader and not wanting to make the same mistake in letting her anger get the best of her again, have that battle she had with ruby and her falling be a main aspect for her character to catapult from going forward. You could really do a lot with kelly trying to play up to being the leader of this rag tag group and her trying to train a clan of knights who are inexperienced and cocky like she was in her early "revenge" days. It would be interesting to see her battle with that internal rage she has and see how her relationship with pablo would further play out and see how her mentoring brandy and honing brandy's survival skills would pan out.

Then you have brandy, her trajectory is the most unpredictable of the group and you can still have that ash factor/edge of the group with her but done in a different way that's different from her father but still have the essence of him but she would be a bit more mature/aware of what to say and do in situations. And you could see her relationship with both pablo and kelly expand and see what kind of conflicts you could do with her character missing her father to trying to cope with her new situation and trying to figure out where she fits in with pablo and kelly and what she could provide to the group.

A small mini-series spin off or a comic book series would be a good way to fully flesh out both pablo,kelly and brandy. Just imagine watching them grow further from where we left them off at the end S3 and see how ash's speech would've effected their trajectory and goals. I guess i just really do not want to see these characters get abandoned so quickly,especially ash's own daughter.
*end reply*

Back to the discussion of this "possible" sequel.

You can't really go back to the cabin because it was burnt down and the book is now either missing or still out there in the woods, it's very worrying with how fede would move the story forward when the first film ended off in a very stand alone manner that does leave much room for him to continue Mia's story in comparison to his other film which had a nice open ending that leaves him a lot of room to make a sequel.

Where do you take this story next for Mia and The Evil. I guess time will tell if Fede is creative enough to provide a solid continuation that does not mimic the 2nd entry in the original trilogy and can give it something more then just the body horror he did with the first film. He has a good base main character to expand and grow and a mythology he can shape into his own to separate it from the original trilogy but still page homage and respect what came before.

Time will tell i guess.
 
Last edited:
That is a good question, and I guess the whole Labyrinth sequel thing has fallen through too.

I can't tell you how happy I'd be if that's true (the last thing I want is Fede's...influence involved in Labyrinth).

Fede loves to spitball like this on Twitter. The editing process for his Lisbeth Salander must be running long. I wouldn't be shocked if this happens down the way.

Also sadly I highly doubt that anyone from AvED would pop up within the context of this 'verse. AvED's ratings weren't really high enough for such an inclusion? I'm not sure tho, obviously. Anything can happen.

I remember reading a concept idea for a sequel somewhere which seemed pretty interesting to me. Shortly after escaping Mia gets accused of slaughtering her family and friends at the cabin (She already had her mother go nuts so they could tie that whole thing in, being predisposed to it etc). With there being too many evidence against her ( her blood all over the place, hand prints on a chainsaw etc) she gets send to an Insane Asylum which then gets possessed by the deadites from within (either through Mia or someone else).

I'm super meh on this idea (franchise has done it three times already, Fede will likely get dragged from here to hell by certain groups for doing it).
 
@Joem1k I like Pablo but he and Kelly would be harder to fit into the Mia universe of strictly horror. The only way Mia will work is straight horror, there can’t be any comedic relief, for me anyway. Brandy can pull this off, she has that brooding nature of hers, mostly quiet except for the occasional quip that could be cut out, and she would be a much better leader than Kelly, IMO. I’ve said it in the past, but Kelly comes off like a chihuahua, barking incessantly to try and mask fear and scare off the attacker. Using “fuck” three times a sentence does not conjure up the image of a leader. This is not even that big of an offense to Kelly, but her being the badass leader type? I just don’t see it.

We’re speaking pretty far into the hypothetical here, first that this movie is even getting made, second that the Ghostbeaters would even be in it, but IF Mia ever crosses over, my choice is Brandy. It could be when Ash is missing so Mia and Ash don’t have to meet, which it seems most people don’t want. Pablo could get some cool stuff done, but if anything, not that I have any say in this anyway, I think they should leave Mia alone in this one. Let her story be told, let the movie do well financially then possibly crossover later. I don’t want to see a full blown Ghostbeaters show, but you could always have a one hour special or something like that where they do meet, everyone is happy.
 
@Surtur
I didn't suggest a crossover with Mia though, i really wouldn't want a crossover with this universe as this is fede's creation and i'd rather it stand on it's own then try and look for the other properties for a crutch to lean on and play off of.

I'd rather they did a comic book series or a mini-series with the ghostbeaters.

I'm just going off of what was presented in the finale and how the foreshadowing works with the show and what the hypothetical season 4 would've been, it's very obvious that was probably the direction they were heading. I think it could work for kelly, but a lot of character development/fleshing out would be needed for it to work. I think her becoming less trash talky but not too much and more mature/focused/less cocky would've been the way to go especially after all that happened to her in s3 and maybe see her try to control her anger more as well.

But it is what it is and the dominoes lay where they lay.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: DyD
Top Bottom