- Joined
- Mar 31, 2013
Years later I'm coming back to say: anything JLD in the AOD soundtrack, at any time.
This can be a good or bad thing in the world of Hollywood.I like how all of the new directors in the franchise have kept up their previous friendships and connections and hired conductors who they worked with before.
Oh yeah, for every miracle moment like RB you get a just-OK score.This can be a good or bad thing in the world of Hollywood.
My initial reaction is that it's definitely better than the Rise soundtrack but probably not as good as Joe LoDuca's or Roque Baños' works, though it depends on how it works in the movie itself.
One thing that is a bit jarring is that the album ends with a French rap song that I guess plays in the end credits of the movie, which… I guess isn't terrible or anything but it just seems as a weird choice for an Evil Dead movie. It ain't no Charleston.
What the hell is this and how the hell am I just now finding out about it!
It's a special feature from the Xena Warrior Princess DVDs from a bygone era.What the hell is this and how the hell am I just now finding out about it!
I got basically the same response from Mondo and Waxwork by the lines of: "gee, we are not planning this at the moment, but better watch all of our socials because you never know!"I have sneakily written to Mondo as well as Waxwork, asking them whether they'd consider re-releasing the Roque Baños 2013 score. It probably won't do anything, but I guess it can't hurt, either.
When it comes to my LP collection, I'd also love to own the OG 1981 soundtrack (since I already have the Reimagined version) but based on the rights issues (which is the sole reason why Joe LoDuca re-recorded it in the first place), I don't think how much is that even possible.