Anybody still playing the game?

Hurley

Spinach Chin
Staff member
Joined
Jul 9, 2015
Location
Brno, Czech Republic
Hello, everyone.

Evil Dead: The Game is now 70% off on XBOX, so I finally bought it. The reason why I was waiting for a big sale is that although I was curious to see what the game looks and plays like, I also know that I'm not really a multiplayer guy, so I didn't want to invest too much into it.

However, after a couple of days of playing I realized that the game is pretty fun and now I'd love to find a group to play with and to get the most out of the game before the devs inevitably shut down the servers. So is anybody still playing and looking for a newbie for their team? Could we maybe set up a little Discord group for this (if you don't already have one)?

Thanks!
 
Still playing regularly mainly on the demon side as Henrietta, but May 13th will mark 3 years since it was released... and somewhere in another universe with all of the movies under one roof (except for Army of Darkness) they continue to get new content while Jane Levy does the voice for Mia making it harder to get mad when players massacre their own teams, heh.
 
The game is phenomenal.

I haven't been playing lately and won't for a while because Playstation (and the Evil Dead game) requires a PS Plus subscription to play the online-multiplayer portion. And I played it non-stop for over 2 years. So I'll come back to it some day, hopefully.
 
I wish they had made the game for single players offline. GAAS games never last long. I heard it's pretty dead (no pun intended) on PC.
 
I wish they had made the game for single players offline. GAAS games never last long. I heard it's pretty dead (no pun intended) on PC.
Wait, you can't play the single player missions or AI matches without being connected to the Internet?
 
Wait, you can't play the single player missions or AI matches without being connected to the Internet?
I can only speak for the Playstation version of the game:

You can't access any of the game while offline.

You can only play the single player modes connected online.

You can only play the multiplayer with Playstation Plus online subscription.
 
Wow… that's pretty lame.

Hope that doesn't mean that when they inevitably turn off the servers, it will also kill the single player experience.
 
I wish they had made the game for single players offline. GAAS games never last long. I heard it's pretty dead (no pun intended) on PC.

A majority of players were and still are playing on console, and on Steam the all time peak was 586... but all the asym horror games are failing. Texas Chainsaw Massacre is the free game on Playstation Plus for April, but that game is as bad as most of the movies and isn't going to last long with a lack of characters related to those movies. They had to get Bill Moseley to play character other than Choptop since they couldn't get the rights. Now the prestige system on Evil Dead: The Game is challenging, but Texas caps you at level 99 with each level giving you a whopping 5 points to spend on abilities making it far worse when just starting out since it takes a while to build up more than 2 characters.

Wow… that's pretty lame.

Hope that doesn't mean that when they inevitably turn off the servers, it will also kill the single player experience.

Unlike Friday the 13th in which players hosted matches allowing them to keep the game alive well after the company (Gun Media who also made TCM) gave up when Saber Interactive realizes these servers are still up Evil Dead is done. Unless they make the single player missions playable on the way out, but hell they put out the last of the Knowby tapes without bothering to give us the 10th and final mission. Theresa Tilly does both Shelly and Tanya's voices on various ones, and don't even get me started on Ted who according to Bruce actually recoded lines for Chet too.
 
Last edited:
Top Bottom