Ash Vs Evil Dead: 02 05 Confinement Discussion [SPOILERS]

MaidOfKandar said:
* The whole Ash/Linda thing is a rushed mess.  Yes, again. The actor chemistry between Bruce and Michelle Hurd is a lot better than the chemistry he shared with JMJ, but the romance is once again moving through shorthand.  Why would a woman with what generally seems like a stable marriage up and leave it for a man who can't remember where the two of them first did it?  Was her relationship with Thomas always emotionally abusive or is she blaming him for freaking out in the presence of actual demons which, as far as he knew less than an hour ago, didn't exist?  She's been portrayed as level-headed, so I have a hard time believing she'd drag her daughter along on whatever dangerous escapade being with Ash would entail.  I shouldn't feel sorry for Thomas at this point but I do, because I have no idea how much of his nastiness to her was Baal and how much was him.  Why is the show punishing Thomas for his reaction?  Does the writer's room forget that Ash's reaction on seeing his first Kandarian demon was to cling to his girlfriend?

Here's how how i look at this situation with a two sided dime. 

on one side. 

Yes ash was a piece of work during his high school years  including the bullying of emery who i'm gonna presume always told on ash and his friends which is probably what provoked them to bully him in the first place and was probably a stick in the mud to deal in general . And let's add in his father's negligence and possible egging on of his bad habits in general so there's that as well. 

(i just wanna point this out that through out this whole season they've been focusing on this point in his life rather then his college years so it makes me wonder if he didn't calm down during his college years and being away from his small town and his father, any who this is another topic for another day)

But if we look on emery side of the coin it kinda outweigh's ash's just a hair bit and i mean just a hair.

Emery basically had him banished  him from the town like a dog without letting ash get a say in or anything and basically kept that public perception up of him and his family for almost 30 years about ash going crazy and chopping up his own sister and friends and being that this is emery he thought he was doing the town good in doing this. But what he did was stoop far lower then ash and basically put a bullseye target on him and his whole family for the rest of there lives. 

While what ash did to emery during his high school years can't be overlooked, what emery did to him and his whole family is far worse in hindsight.  

So when linda finally figured out that ash was not lieing about the demons and them being actually real, i have a feeling that's were she took ash's side over her husband at that point and as we saw he basically chickened out in saving her and saved his own skin rather then trying to save them.  (and like you said it was a very ed1 ash like reaction but i can't help but not look back to his previous behavior in this episode)

Plus another thing to factor in with emery is that he was being very aggressive and just down right cold them, plus he drew a gun on both of them manipulated or not that's probably where linda drew the line at that point with him. i would like to also point out ash was being way more protective and caring towards them then emery was so there's that as well, but like i said there's no good POV in this situation with ash and Emery so this topic has me tremendously conflicted overall .
 
Joem1k said:
-Chet's very personal relationship joanie, i thought that was very endearing as maid said when the first clip aired of the two. Him reacting to his death was very sad to witness (i will admit the way ted delivered those lines i couldn't help but laugh)

I laughed my ass off when Chet said "Oh, God you were so giving." I mean how could you not, and when Ash grabs Linda's arm before she ran into the bars was pretty hilarious too. It caught me off guard. I think the deal with her is she quickly realized that when it came down to all the shit was real, and if she had to chose between Ash who would at least fight for her when Sheriff Emery would try to save his own ass. A big shout out to Baal because he was every bit as awesome as imagined, and when he ripped off the skinsuit to reveal himself to Ruby was really cool along with their fight in the evidence locker. 


/I just watched it, and there will be plenty more to talk about later once I digest it all.
 
@Joe - Did they ever directly say Emery started the Ashy Slashy stuff? I always presumed it entered into local legend because of whatever happened when Ash got back to MI at the end of AOD and Emery just ran with it. Which is shitty in of itself, and an abuse of his power as sheriff, but "demons made me do it" apparently isn't an acceptable excuse to the average non-Ash-related citizen in this verse. I need more background on his relationship with his daughter and wife (and like I said, Linda's reaction makes me wonder if he's been subtly verbally abusive the whole time and there are some other spoilers that make me wonder). I think my problem with the whole situation is that we've had exactly two episodes of Linda and Ash interacting. I need much more of her side of things before emotionally investing in the situation.

I just don't know - Emery's definitely a shitty person but Ash is partially at least clearly in this whole Linda thing because he wants to dick him over a little bit. At least the complexity is really good.

@Nick - that had to have been a Ted adlib, or at least I hope it was!
 
A friend of mine is translating subtitles for this episode and we're stuck on something:

"- You've got five, sugar.
- Oh, I got eight. But I know how to make it feel like five."

First I thought Ash is bragging about his 8 inch dick, but how would it then make sense to say that he can "make it feel like five"? (Because I don't think Ash would make a joke about his potential problems with erection.) Any ideas?
 
Hurley said:
A friend of mine is translating subtitles for this episode and we're stuck on something:

"- You've got five, sugar.
- Oh, I got eight. But I know how to make it feel like five."

First I thought Ash is bragging about his 8 inch dick, but how would it then make sense to say that he can "make it feel like five"? (Because I don't think Ash would make a joke about his potential problems with erection.) Any ideas?

I honestly have no clue what the meaning behind that line meant, maybe he was just talking about how he can make a phone conversation last more then five ? Honestly i have no clue sorry  :s
 
I think the joke is that Ash thinks he's still bragging about how great he is and has no clue that he's shortchanging himself (so to speak).
 
It took me a while to get to it cause I didn’t have much to say about this episode and it didn’t leave much of an impression on me, to be honest. This episode was... Not as a good as I thought it would be. It certainly wasn’t as bad as some of the worst episodes the show had in the past, but it wasn’t very good either. Gladly, all the improvements on atmosphere and tone are still here, but something about this episode didn’t quite gel with me. It seemed like it needed some tightening up in the editing room. It was kinda messy and oddly paced. Once more, all the jokes felt overly written and fell flat to me, other than the bits of physical humor. The only moment that made me laugh this episode was Linda knocking her head against the cell bars, just because it was so unexpected.

THE BITS AND PIECES

- Ash is actually showing some different character traits this season. There were a lot of moments in this episode that I could see an older, slightly more serious “hero Ash” emerging. More “down to business” less “lazy and dumb”. Very good. Keep it up, writers! I still hate every single bit of background they’ve given us so far and a lot of his lines, but at least the raw characterization doesn’t seem so bad anymore.

- I agree that Baal’s method of taking on other people’s appearance is kinda convoluted and impractical. Why would he go through the trouble of doing all of that if he can simply use his powers to influence people from afar to do his bidding (like he did with the sheriff)? It’s a nice change of pace to see a demon that physically takes the place of a person instead of just possessing them, but that stuff is there only to give us some skinless deadites and nothing else. Which is cool enough, I guess. They’ll drop this side of Baal’s powers pretty soon, I think. They can’t just keep introducing more and more red shirts for him to make his skin suits and we all know all the regular characters are safe. That’ll get old pretty fast. I'd still prefer if they had gone with just possession, though. The actor is doing a great job with Baal. I still think he looks like a chump, but at least the performance is good.

- I kinda like the whole living Necronomicon thing they’re doing with Pablo, but I’ll wait to see where it goes before I say anything else about it. I hope it makes sense in the end, cause Ruby’s backstory is once again becoming very foggy and convoluted.

- Yet another character seems to have gotten the "do something incredibly stupid simply because the scene calls for it no matter how out of character and illogical it may look" syndrome... C'mon, Ruby, you just gave a speech to everyone else in the precinct saying that Baal is a manipulative bastard who can take other people's appearances. You literally just said he could be inside anyone and that nobody could be trusted. Then you find the lady cop alone in a dark room, the only person in the whole place who could have been easily taken by Baal without anyone else noticing… And you immediately trust her, even turning your back to her at multiple times. It didn't even seem to cross Ruby’s mind that the woman could be Baal. Who didn't see that one coming (other than Ruby, of course)? Man, it's getting really hard for me to like these characters the way they're writing them…

- I really didn’t enjoy the paranoia/arguing scene. It was the moment I was the most excited about and it was just bland, as if they were just going through the motions. I wanted to punch everyone in the face during that scene, and not in a good way. It felt like stalling for time. But I agree with those that said that the moment Baal starts influencing the sheriff’s actions was pretty interesting.

So that’s it. It wasn’t a bad episode. It was just kinda… There.
 
Episode 5 was like a Hellraiser rip-off like the last two episodes were a Christine rip-off.

OVERVIEW:
Problem is that instead of summoning chains and traveling through spooky walls, we get Baal wearing skins (my least believable/likable feature from Hellraiser). Hopefully this will not open up other human characters to wearing skin and tricking Baal like Hellraiser (because you need the flesh under the skin, not just the skin to look like someone, also it won't fit you if you're not the exact size of someone without the skin).

Which I guess is why they used two heavy-set police actresses so that a normal sized person could wear the flesh costumes VS someone really thin like in Hellraiser. BUT ON THE PLUS SIDE THE SKINNED DEADITES LOOKED REALLY COOL.

BAAL:
So far Baal is a wussier villain than the creepy kids as adults (which I kinda liked). I mean WE ALL KNEW he was the blonde officer and he has Ash locked up in jail--and then he just let's him out acting completely normal to magically give him a stupid phone call. Most other deadites try to get you alone and then kill you, that's like the entire point.

I mean I was expecting him to at least just pull a gun and shoot him when he went to the cell. This is too much of the, 'Mwuahaha, I'm such a cool villain I'm going to taunt you in a really lame way that we all know you'll escape.'

WEIRDNESS:
Makeout scene with Lucy felt pretty weird--she went all in so why not use a really hot girl in an attempt to at least entice the audience--unless maybe this is playing more twards her lesbian-Xena fanbase so they could more feel like the overweight officer???(clueless here).

Also the hairstyle of the blonde police officer really bugged me. I've never seen an officer with a cut like that--and this is a horror movie (ie more serious atmosphere), it should have been in a bun which is really simple/cheap to do.

STORY:
All the paranoia stuff didn't matter, neither did Ash getting arrested. And the way the sheriff gets dumped is so lame. Ash is such a d-bag no one can care about anyone he likes other than maybe a possible relationship with Ruby (who has her own probs as a character). The way Ash acts his relationships should be like a girl stumbling out of his room or found laying on his bed with a blanket over the face-half when he wakes (why haven't we had this--def better than the granny sex in S01).

So even though this appears to be a mandatory bottle-episode it would have been better if Ash lost his gear but ran off and escaped the cops until he surprised everyone and showed up at the end, scaring Baal off at the station (where the rest were trapped).

But no one cares about Ash getting treated like crap because of his D-bagness, which means no one cares about Ash's team since they are all just a bunch of Ash wannabes (thus even though I want to, I CAN'T care at all about what is happening to Pablo or Kelly's random fits). D-bag Ash can't even connect connect with a good actor playing his father.

ACTING:

ASH:
By Ash being a dumb D-bag all the time, Lucy makes Ash look like her Pablo and constantly out-acts him in every scene. AND SHE'S DOING THIS JUST BY BASICALLY BEING XENA. So we basically have one actor who can't forget being Xena and another who can't remember how to be Ash. But I mean D-Bag Ash and his wannabes VS Xena: No-contest Xena is going to win.

I'd rather have Ash be AoD Ash (don't care about so-called 'development' at all at this point).


RUBY:
Ruby in my mind should play more of like a mature advisor/witch (like the end of S01) instead of Demon-Xena with guns.


KELLY:
Kelly's has an annoying voice so every time she gets emotional it comes off as, well, annoying. She's meant for comedy or romance not horror or action. It would be much better for her to play the role of trying to leave the group and transition into a normal life (ie actually enjoying Florida and being a barista) but constantly getting pulled back into calamity.


PABLO:
Pablo as a stereotypical Mexican is pretty lame. He doesn't even look like a Mexican, especially with that goofy hair. I thought he looked more middle eastern, like perhaps a Turkish guy. I typed 'turkish man' into google images and this was one of the top images (I shit you not):

262ffc31daad14797be889d50e91d81d_400x400_1.jpg


I mean they would have to cast a really stereotypical looking Mexican for these jokes they are using to work. They are like the jokes that would have been better if they cast Pablo as an Asian guy and everyone was calling him Chinese/using such stereotypes even though he was really Korean, Vietnamese, etc.

But anyways, instead of Pablo being this goofy Shaman-Necronomicon thing that always gives D-bag Ash the most common-sense advice, it would be much better if he were instead like a hardcore/OCD Robin, obsessed with training to kill Deadites every minute of the day (ie, what happened to wanting to be a Ghost Beater?). So I'd have Pabs constantly doing pull/push/situps, doing stupid stuff with weights, asking for/trying weird training exercises, and of course be the first one to jump the gun when it came to thinking someone (or their dog, or their house, or their purse) was a deadite.

For instance-PABLO SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO DO THE BRAIN GAG WITH ASH'S DAD. It was complete crap Ash did that.

Anyways, it would really make him more endearing and charming and you'd actually sort of root for him when he finally found a deadite and had an action sequence. This would also make him the polar opposite of my ideal Kelly who just wanted a normal life and give them a lot better/really cool interactions/dynamics (ie Pablo being blindly loyal to Ash, "That sounds like traitor-talk, you know like something a deadite would say. And you're too pretty to be a deadite right...right?"


CHET:
Chet is alright, but he should be more funny. I think it's hard when everything you do is surrounded by stupidity and you're known for being the stupid one. It just kinda deadens you to the humor. I'd actually like Chet to play a more tragic role being a vet and drunk. He could really add a sense of grounded/soberness that suddenly explodes, ie when he was betraying Ash and trying to leave the prison and Ash blocks him, he could have brought up how Ash left and never wrote him or sent him shit when he was overseas or in the hospital. How he was laying there staring up at the ceiling, chewing through the pain, imagining how great it would be to see his first crush Cheryl before he died, but all he could think of was all the pieces Ash cut her into.

HUMOR:

Some stuff was actually kinda funny like the last episode.

I actually laughed when Linda smacked into the bars, and when the transsexual prostitute spoke with the dubbed voice. I guess you can still make fun of transsexuals without constantly apologizing/being PC in this show (kinda surprised considering how weird/soft the race jokes are but I'm not complaining).

TL;DR
I feel like the last two episodes with the cheezy car effects, pink ghost cloud, and throwing the book in the back of the trunk has firmly placed AVED into the category of Buffy/Charmed and it's more like a fan-spoof of Evil Dead than actual Evil Dead. The constant call-backs and outrageous comedy/gore/acting just make everything either tedious or eyerolling.

I think Buffy/Charmed worked because the characters are all young and attractive so when they have pointless relationships/drama it appeals to the young girl demographic--I don't think this is going to work for AVED's demo and why both Walking Deads, American Horror Story, etc, is kicking its ass.

They literally could have just stolen/recast Rick from TWD, stuck him into the town as their local sheriff investigating suspicious murders, and then just have zombies/deadites killing random townsfolk and this season would have been amazing.
 
I was a bit confused about this episode first time I saw it. I mean, from a certain point of view it was pretty great. The visuals and the atmosphere were fantastic (the more Michael J. Bassett the better) and I liked the skin-less "deadites" (or what are they) gimmick, in a way that though it's not particularly Evil Dead-like, I could imagine it as a natural extension and modernisation of the original lore (similarly to what Eligos was in season one). Also the claustrophobic theme was far from perfect, but it was actually better than I expected.

But despite all this, there was just something that bothered me and I realised what it was only after the second viewing. The problem is that this episode serves mostly as a payoff to the overall S02 story-arc that they were building up to this point, and so it is a great episode for anyone that follows and cares about this story. But personally, I just don't give fuck. I don't give fuck about Baal and I don't give fuck about his relationship with Ruby and their vague hints to the Necronomicon mythology ("mythology"). On top of that, Kelly is just a straight up asshole in this episode and it's really annoying. And though Ash was kinda redeemed in my eyes in this and the previous episode, I just DON'T CARE AT ALL about his "relationship" with Linda (I wouldn't even be surprised if the joke "you are one of the only Lindas for me" was the sole reason they named her this).

So at the end, Pablo is basically the only character I care about, which is kinda mental if you think about it. And I don't even care WHAT is happening to him (again, don't give a fuck about the story-arc), I just care about if he gets through it OK.
 
I agree with the most stuff Hurley and DyD already wrote. I really liked the episodes's concept / setting (I am a big "The Thing" fan) but the realization was quite forgetable (again). In general a very medicore epsiode. One thing that really bugged me though:

I predicted the writers would choose the laziest resolution for the love triangle between Ash, Linda B. and the Emery: killing off the sheriff very early. They did not do that, but ending the relationship between him and Linda by making him even douchier and more cowardly than Ash was on the same level of laziness, especially when it was in parts caused by Baals manipulation - a possibility that was discussed by all characters in the very same scene.

I think the writers made a big mistake with Emery's development so far. Next to Baal and the deadites he's the secondary antagonist of S2, who could have worked as a human mirror for Ash. But they missed his potential by making him a weak villian. He had his small victory in his "Ashy Slashy" bar introduction but afterwards he only loose to the Gosthbeaters and deadites. That destroys all opportunities for suspense and drama. As a writer I would take his character in a different direction: After Ash's stupid deal with Ruby Kelly and Pablo really got reasons to doubt his leadership (and sanity). In this tense situation a professional, moraly grounded keeper of the law, who could defend his loved ones and town from the supernatural without being an alcoholic sexist, could have appear as more challenging rival and give Ash more interesting obstacles than his own stupidity.

Regarding the series as a whole I'm just at the point of realizing that the show is not what I hoped it would be. It is fun to watch and never boring but it really lacks the sense of claustrophobia and omnipresent danger I loved about the movies and which are essantly for EVIL DEAD. The new characters and the laughable mythology can't compensate that.
 
Joem1k said:
I honestly have no clue what the meaning behind that line meant, maybe he was just talking about how he can make a phone conversation last more then five ? Honestly i have no clue sorry  :s

MaidOfKandar said:
I think the joke is that Ash thinks he's still bragging about how great he is and has no clue that he's shortchanging himself (so to speak).

Thanks for trying, guys! I think if not even native speakers don't really know what it means, we're save with pretty much anything we substitute it with. And it also kinda says something about the humor on this show. Sometimes I think they just give Bruce a bunch of random words and think he'll suddenly make them an all-time classic.
 
@Ashenwraith - Damn, dude... And here I was thinking I was being too mean on my reviews. Can't say I disagree with a lot of the things you said, though. You've made some observations about the plot and Baal that I hadn't thought about that are actually pretty on point.

@Hurley and Muzzlehatch - As usual, we're pretty much on the same page about everything.

On this episode more than any other before it I really started to feel disillusioned with the whole thing... I actually didn't have that much energy to write about it. I just didn't care enough about what I had watched.
 
DyD said:
@Ashenwraith - Damn, dude... And here I was thinking I was being too mean on my reviews. Can't say I disagree with a lot of the things you said, though. You've made some observations about the plot and Baal that I hadn't thought about that are actually pretty on point.

@Hurley and Muzzlehatch - As usual, we're pretty much on the same page about everything.

On this episode more than any other before it I really started to feel disillusioned with the whole thing... I actually didn't have that much energy to write about it. I just didn't care enough about what I had watched.

Well you should be way harder on the show if you want a realistic expectation of what average viewers are seeing. Fans will watch it no matter what, but it's the average person who is going to stop it from being canceled.

I mean take my brother for example, I didn't have Starz when season 01 came out (still don't) and he was super excited, had recorded the Episodes on DVR, and was telling me about what I now realize was Episode 02, repeating Ash's lines about how "She's a deadite!"

Anyways last I talked to him about it he stopped watching after Brujo and doesn't care about the rest of S01 or S02--and this is a guy who saw Army of Darkness 3 times in theaters, saw every episode of Brisco County Jr at least twice, and paid to see Bruce Campbell live.

He just flat out told me, "The show is stupid," and "There is better stuff to watch."

Of course among all these other random shows he's checking out, he's still watching The Walking Dead.

And this guy is not your typical 'deadite' or low-brow guy, he makes over 6 figures as a financial director in Los Angeles and gets invited to special dinners with the cast of The Walking Dead and other stuff since he regularly directs people who do the financials for Sony, Universal, Activision, etc.
 
*FULL DISCLAMER, THIS POST IS NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY AND IS ALL FOR FUN AND GAMES.*

Hello everyone and welcome to our first edition of....

EVERYONE'S A CRITIC !

Our lovely users over at Deadites Online have been posting up small but thought provoking reviews of  each episode AvED since it started, so for this first edition were gonna focus on there thoughts about.

"CONFINEMENT" 

Let's begin ! 

ASENWRAITH 

*A Page length essay of nonsensical rambling about what he thinks his vision of AvED should be while also in the process berates the hardworking actors and crew, then adds in a random fact about it's viewer base not matching the likes of two well established shows* 

Stay tuned for my ED4 FAN-FILM, i'm gonna make this franchise great again !

Huh, didn't take Donald for a ed fan, who knew  ! :angel:


Hurley 

I don't give a fuck about this show anymore. 

Guess will be seeing you again next week !  :D


Muzzlehatch 

It's fun, but the i think i could write this show waayy better, i mean seriously, why don't they just hire me i could write this show with one hand tied behind my back. CALL ME !

Better get to calling up starz then ! 


DYD 

Pretty much what everyone above me said, there review done !



And that folks is all the time we have for this weeks edition of EVERYONE'S A CRITIC ! 

Be sure to stay tuned for next's week edition as the deadite community covers. 

"Trapped Inside"


Like my ole pal ash Williams would say. 

Same Shit, Different Day - Ash



[img=300x225]https://media.giphy.com/media/kJFpAlbh2M4BW/giphy.gif[/img]
 
Joem1k said:
ASENWRAITH 

*A Page length essay of nonsensical rambling about what he thinks his vision of AvED should be while also in the process berates the hardworking actors and crew, then adds in a random fact about it's viewer base not matching the likes of two well established shows* 

Stay tuned for my ED4 FAN-FILM, i'm gonna make this franchise great again !

Huh, didn't take Donald for a ed fan, who knew  ! :angel:


I don't really like Trump but I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce was secretly/not-so-secretly a fan and will be voting for Trump by the way he acts. I mean he hates Hollywood/California and lives in Oregon.

Even Sam Raimi who actually lives in LA has been known to donate thousands of $$$ to Republicans.

When you think of it their home state/city Michigan/Detroit was pretty much destroyed by failed Democratic leadership and policies in their lifetime and they still know people there. I mean it's so bad they've NEVER even filmed ED there (you'd think Michigan would throw millions and the red carpet at them like Texas threw at Rodriguez to make his stupid Machete movies).

I mean literally they could have taken a part of Detroit, put security around it and made it into an ED museum to make tax $$$ after the filming. I mean this is the type of Museum that could actually make money, especially if they had a Horror Nights like attraction every year. That is if they had a half a brain. Better than just letting it all rot and go to hell.
 
Ashenwraith said:
Joem1k said:
ASENWRAITH 

*A Page length essay of nonsensical rambling about what he thinks his vision of AvED should be while also in the process berates the hardworking actors and crew, then adds in a random fact about it's viewer base not matching the likes of two well established shows* 

Stay tuned for my ED4 FAN-FILM, i'm gonna make this franchise great again !

Huh, didn't take Donald for a ed fan, who knew  ! :angel:


I don't really like Trump but I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce was secretly/not-so-secretly a fan and will be voting for Trump by the way he acts. I mean he hates Hollywood/California and lives in Oregon.

Even Sam Raimi who actually lives in LA has been known to donate thousands of $$$ to Republicans.

When you think of it their home state/city Michigan/Detroit was pretty much destroyed by failed Democratic leadership and policies in their lifetime and they still know people there. I mean it's so bad they've NEVER even filmed ED there (you'd think Michigan would throw millions and the red carpet at them like Texas threw at Rodriguez to make his stupid Machete movies).

I mean literally they could have taken a part of Detroit, put security around it and made it into an ED museum to make tax $$$ after the filming. That is if they had a half a brain. Better than just letting it all rot and go to hell.

[img=300x271]http://2static2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/5853914+_7b9fb12ac42423bf8650026d4499f43d.png[/img]
 
Did you really need to go there, Joe? What do you think a post like that will lead to? Got that out of your system? Feeling better now? I'm sorry that my disillusionment with the show is actually taking away from your enjoyment of the forums. And I actually mean that, sincerely. Cause I like you. Never, not a single time, have I tried to disqualify your opinions on the show just for being diametrically opposed to mine, which is exactly what you just did to all four forum members you quoted in your post, even if you started your post by saying it wasn't supposed to be taken seriously.

By the way, I actually am qualified to be a critic and I have a degree to prove it. But that's neither here or there, cause I never once wanted my disconnected ramblings on the forum to feel like a professional review or anything. I just stated my own opinions about the episodes and moved on.

You know, I feel I might need to take a step back from analyzing every single episode in here for a while. It just isn't fun anymore and it's clearly rubbing some people the wrong way. I'll still post something every now and then if I actually have something to say or if they do something on the show I particularly enjoy or particularly hate.

By the way, THIS GIF IS NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY AND IS ALL FOR FUN AND GAMES:

giphy.gif
 
DyD said:
Did you really need to go there, Joe? What do you think a post like that will lead to? Got that out of your system? Feeling better now? I'm sorry that my disillusionment with the show is actually taking away from your enjoyment of the forums. And I actually mean that, sincerely. Cause I like you. Never, not a single time, have I tried to disqualify your opinions on the show just for being diametrically opposed to mine, which is exactly what you just did to all four forum members you quoted in your post, even if you started your post by saying it wasn't supposed to be taken seriously.

By the way, I actually am qualified to be a critic and I have a degree to prove it. But that's nor here or there, cause I never once wanted my disconnected ramblings on the forum to feel like a professional review or anything. I just stated my own opinions about the episodes and moved on.

You know, I feel I might need to take a step back from analyzing every single episode in here for a while. It just isn't fun anymore and it's clearly rubbing some people the wrong way. I'll still post something every now and then if I actually have something to say or if they do something on the show I particularly enjoy or particularly hate.

By the way, THIS GIF IS NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY AND IS ALL FOR FUN AND GAMES:

YES ! See this guy get's it, and you are not rubbing me the wrong way at all, i knew what i was getting myself into when posting that so yes i did know ahead of time the consequences of what that might lead to, however i did not know that about you if that joke come off as a low blow to you  i apologize sincerely.
 
DyD said:
By the way, THIS GIF IS NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY AND IS ALL FOR FUN AND GAMES:

giphy.gif

lol I read this in Bruce's AoD Ash voice, and the gif made it real.

This is the type of attitude we need Ash to do in the show.
 
He guys cut the crap and get back on topic or else I will have to lay some smackdown.

giphy.gif
 
Top Bottom