Ash vs Evil Dead 10th Anniversary

Happy 10th anniversary to Ash vs Evil Dead! In honor of today, I made this video compiling every Army of Darkness reference made throughout all 3 seasons of Ash vs Evil Dead!

I remember how sparring they had to be with these until Season 2! Good work!!
 
Happy 10th anniversary to Ash vs Evil Dead! In honor of today, I made this video compiling every Army of Darkness reference made throughout all 3 seasons of Ash vs Evil Dead!

Even though I wish they had a chance to finish the story they did a good job of working with what they had, and in all of these interviews I like how Dana DeLorenzo basically confirmed why Craig lost his spot as showrunner for wanting to make Kelly Ash's daughter (in any timeline) since that would have been a worse cliffhanger for season 2.
 
Even though I wish they had a chance to finish the story they did a good job of working with what they had, and in all of these interviews I like how Dana DeLorenzo basically confirmed why Craig lost his spot as showrunner for wanting to make Kelly Ash's daughter (in any timeline) since that would have been a worse cliffhanger for season 2.
Honestly if Mark Verheiden was the showrunner since season one, I think I would like the show much more than I did. I really disliked lots of Craig DiGregorio's takes on the story and Ash's character, though I don't doubt he was encouraged by Bruce and Sam.

By the way years ago there was a Red Letter Media video where at the start they talk about Ash vs Evil Dead. The video starts in the middle of their conversation, so I don't have all the context, but they talked about the fact that somebody was extremly against the scene with Ash in the sperm bank in season two. And from what they were saying, I think they were talking about Rob Tapert. Does anybody know anything more about this?
 
This is how I feel. Season 3 was the best season for me, it was the season that remembered who Ash is at core. Trying to retroactively turn him into a party-hearty jock who had no characterization before AvED drove me bananas. Sorry, all three movies in the trilogy exist and even if they didn't mean for them to make cohesive sense as a character piece, they make sense. I also found it fascinating that they did that vis Kelly, then gave him a daughter anyway. But considering all of his flirting with her in Season 1 it would've been an awkward as hell rewrite.

Wait, TAPERT protested the sperm bank scene? The dude who put naked chicks in chains into AOD? I am amused, and I want more details.
 
Honestly if Mark Verheiden was the showrunner since season one, I think I would like the show much more than I did. I really disliked lots of Craig DiGregorio's takes on the story and Ash's character, though I don't doubt he was encouraged by Bruce and Sam.

By the way years ago there was a Red Letter Media video where at the start they talk about Ash vs Evil Dead. The video starts in the middle of their conversation, so I don't have all the context, but they talked about the fact that somebody was extremly against the scene with Ash in the sperm bank in season two. And from what they were saying, I think they were talking about Rob Tapert. Does anybody know anything more about this?

Wait, TAPERT protested the sperm bank scene? The dude who put naked chicks in chains into AOD? I am amused, and I want more details.

Booth Three was in season 3, and Rob and Mark Beesley seemed to enjoy making it... but getting Helen Wong who had won a New Zealand Order of Merit for services to the arts to play Mrs. Lam made them chuckle. The morgue scene was approached with a little more trepidation from all involved. Rob requested they make the colon fight bigger though.
 
Last edited:
Booth Three was in season 3, and Rob and Mark Beesley seemed to enjoy making it... but getting Helen Wong who had won a New Zealand Order of Merit for services to the arts to play Mrs. Lam made them chuckle. The morgue scene was approached with a little more trepidation from all involved. Rob requested they make the colon fight bigger though.
Yeah, I guess I mixed the sperm bank scene with the morgue scene. Still thinking of rewatching the show, but I worry that it will just make me sad again because all of that wasted potential and cringeworthy character choices.
 
Worth a watch through, and my only problem is I have had to deal with a PS4 that is struggling to read dvds... but I watched the above mentioned episodes with commentary and found Lucy, Dana, and Ray talking about getting stuck Ash's room when filming The Morgue hilarious when talking about all the exposed wires and naked ladies on the walls that I feel Rob played a big roll in the design of, heh.
 
I still want to get back to the show because of the anniversary (and because of the recent news around Bruce). I even browsed the Evil Dead Archives section about the show where I stumbled on the trailer for season 2. And after playing that trailer and hearing Ash saying to Ruby "I should be back in Jacksonville stuck between a mother-daughter sandwich", I was suddenly like "Oh right. This is why I keep avoiding this show".
 
  • Like
Reactions: DyD
Never forget that feeling of watching episode 1 pure blissful happiness. Best horror TV show hands down just because of Bruce .
 
Top Bottom