Ash vs Evil Dead House Slated for Halloween Horror Nights 2017 at Universal Studios

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Joined
Mar 31, 2013
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xVMENghE-U[/video]

Judging from the still my guess is it's going to be a weathered version of the cabin we see in season 1.   They have a lot of room to work with (I would have liked an Ash's trailer/Amanda at the crime scene/Books From Beyond/Kelly's Possession/Diner/Cabin season 1 room progression but this could still be fun).
 
Now THIS is good marketing. Mass market penetration, baby. This will go MUCH farther to inform people about the show/franchise's) existence than Youtube Ads!
 
It'll be interesting to see what, if any, sort of bump this will give the show. HHN tends to reflect what the previous year's hot horror things are, which is why one of the houses is an American Horror Story: Roanoke based one.

ETA: the Orlando Register has confirmed it's going to be a maze.
 
For those who wanted to see the finished products:

(California)


(Florida)

@Doc, there are aspects I like about both houses (I think FL made better use of their space and them not using masks is a blessing for authenticity's sake, but CA does a better job telling the story minus a few choices (they should've put more of the season one stuff near the beginning so it flows better).
 
MaidOfKandar said:
For those who wanted to see the finished products:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC3go2HZQSg://[/video]
(California)


(Florida)

@Doc, there are aspects I like about both houses (I think FL made better use of their space and them not using masks is a blessing for authenticity's sake, but CA does a better job telling the story minus a few choices (they should've put more of the season one stuff near the beginning so it flows better).
http://keepvid.com/?url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_a2Mj4nqM

I'll take the masks over people who look totally nothing like Bruce (and are more out of shape), haha

The Orlando one is just a reminder of the stuff I hate about the series--the Hollywood one emphasizes the horror of the franchise with only a hint of Ash's wit. Orlando reminds us that Ash was "In the Butt!" and that he's a pervert ("You're a dirty girl, Amber!"), and that stupid ass puppet.

The Orlando one also looks like a random assortment of environments, where the Hollywood one at least looks like you're traveling through faithful whole portions of the trailer, Ash's house and the Cabin.
 
You make a great point! I think I was so down on the masks because you can see where the edges of them begin and end.

I agree that the general design of Hollywood's much better, but I still feel Florida's cohesive. I agree that the season 2 focus sort of does them no favor, because they can't really have actors running around with rubber dummy bodies on their head to get the proper effect. I don't know why Orlando doesn't make it feel more like you're traveling through Elk Grove.
 
Top Bottom