"Ash Vs. Evil Dead" may return as an animated series, with Bruce willing to do the voice, if done!

I'm cool with us resetting to (yet another) alternate reality, but I'm curious as to how limited the character pool will be this time out.
 
I'm cool with us resetting to (yet another) alternate reality, but I'm curious as to how limited the character pool will be this time out.
I would imagine if they want to use chainsaw hand Ash, then StudioCanal is gonna have to be involved just like they were on AvED, so everyone up to ED2 would presumably be on the table.
 
Gonna throw a shot in the dark here and say that's probably why Bruce mentioned asking him 5 years down the line about how this shows going and why this animated show isn't a main priority is because of the legal stuff and people not wanting to play ball at the moment.

And now they are having to pivot and come up with something entirely different to sell that will allow them to jump through the legal stuff but i wonder if Ash vs Evil Dead has gotten them locked down tightly on what they can use, cause they used a lot of ED1 and 2 stuff in that show including direct characters from those films.

So basically what i'm saying here is that they might be stuck in a corner they can't get out of this time around. o_O
 
Gonna throw a shot in the dark here and say that's probably why Bruce mentioned asking him 5 years down the line about how this shows going and why this animated show isn't a main priority is because of the legal stuff and people not wanting to play ball at the moment.

And now they are having to pivot and come up with something entirely different to sell that will allow them to jump through the legal stuff but i wonder if Ash vs Evil Dead has gotten them locked down tightly on what they can use, cause they used a lot of ED1 and 2 stuff in that show including direct characters from those films.

So basically what i'm saying here is that they might be stuck in a corner they can't get out of this time around. o_O

That was my intuition this time out too!
 
Now Bruce is saying he doesn't even want to do voice work for Ash anymore:
Now, in an interview with ScreenRant's Grant Hermanns for his new dramedy Ernie & Emma, Campbell offered a definitive update on his potential future return in the Evil Dead franchise. The star and franchise producer confirmed that "Ash is done," even revealing that he will "not [be] going to do any animated voice work" for the character to return, expressing that if any of the creatives want to bring his beloved character back, they "can get Joe Ash soundalike," and saying that "there are ways to [recreate my voice] now."
IF (and that's a big ol' "IF" at this point) the animated series does go into production... do you think AI Bruce will be doing the voice if real Bruce doesn't want to?
 
I think people will reject an AI voice version but I get wanting to not commit because what's up with his cancer.
 
No way I'm watching this if they use an AI voice.
If they still do the animated serie and Bruce still refuse to play I'm sure they can find a good actor to replace him.
Just like with the Indiana Jones game. They hired Troy Baker to do Indy's voice and he did an incredible job !
 
Animated Evil Dead would never work anyway. The whole concept is all about the physicality, about the practical effects, about the comically large amount of blood splattering on actors' faces. No way you could satisfyingly recreate that in animation.

If Bruce is forever done with Ash, I'm OK with it. Don't cast somebody else, don't do an AI voice. Just let it die.

(though of course we as a society can never do that when it comes to beloved franchises from the last century)
 
Even before the cancer, we all know Bruce has been incredibly wishy-washy about returning as Ash in any form for decades. It really depends on the day that someone asks him
 
Even before the cancer, we all know Bruce has been incredibly wishy-washy about returning as Ash in any form for decades. It really depends on the day that someone asks him
I'd suspect he was disappointed with how the game turned out. He really put a lot of work into it. Voiced 4 version of Ash, plus all their Deadite versions, plus Evil Ash, plus mini Ashes. He also promoted the game more than Saber itself, saying that he's happy doing the voice because that's still part of him that doesn't feel old. Even streamed the game with his son when it came out.

But then Saber let it just rot away so yeah, I guess I don't blame him that he doesn't want to even just voice Ash anymore.
 
I'd suspect he was disappointed with how the game turned out. He really put a lot of work into it. Voiced 4 version of Ash, plus all their Deadite versions, plus Evil Ash, plus mini Ashes. He also promoted the game more than Saber itself, saying that he's happy doing the voice because that's still part of him that doesn't feel old. Even streamed the game with his son when it came out.

But then Saber let it just rot away so yeah, I guess I don't blame him that he doesn't want to even just voice Ash anymore.
I don't mind his decision, and I definitely wasn't on board for an animated series, considering the end of AvED left Ash in a spot that perfectly fits his character. Still a shame what happened to the game
 
Top Bottom