Ash vs Evil Dead Season 3 General Discussion Thread

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
They did change things and did not go back to their old timeline (remember the burned down cabin in Season 3 and the ending of Season 2). But Fate remains very similar. There is a prophecy to fulfill and it always finds a way. Ash and his friends still went to the cabin (in Tennessee, as seen in the first film, because the one they were going to go to in Michigan burned down). So things play out very similarly. And now, Ruby is surveilling Ash instead of looking for him (like in the last timeline). She's preparing and we see the results of that in Season 3.

You're right, they go back to the cabin's location in S3 and everything was burned down...So this confirm they did not returned to the old timeline, which is kind of sad. It is sad because this also confirm they really f**ked up the timeline logic badly. I should stop trying to figure out something of this mess. It won't fix anything anyway. I don't think storywise, this show was meant to have deep meaning.

A lot of things you said is interpretation. There's nothing wrong in your statements, it's a good analysis. If the show itself was a bit more explicit in "the meaning & consequences" as you just did, The show should have been much more enjoyable.

The show was repetitive. Always the same patterns was coming back over and over, but done differentely. How many times did you repeat betrayal? A show must have "themes" I agree, but abusing it won't make it better.

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Figured this would be worth posting. S4 concept art from our ole pal nick bassett.

38081305_275015919961609_8960361180384198656_n.jpg

Source :

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
Figured this would be worth posting. S4 concept art from our ole pal nick bassett.

38081305_275015919961609_8960361180384198656_n.jpg

Source :

First, I thought it was a screen shot from the forthcoming game Bruce was talking about in recent interviews.

Cool but, I'm not fully buying that concept for S4. Too much old playstation 2 game feel, not enough post-apocalyptic.

Yeah, I always thought they would upgrade the chainsaw arm with some other devices at some point.

Thanks for sharing!

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Hmm, virtual Deadites, perhaps?

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart
Very good work! This is what the show needed. More tension, suspense and real dramatic issues.

Exactly my opinion. I hope when enough time has passed they reboot the franchise with an younger actor/tress as Ash or an Ash-like character and aim for a similar tone.

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
In all fairness, they already tried that before AvED. Didn't exactly work.

You're talking about the Fede Alvarez movie. Personnally I'm more into giving a James Bond treatment to a franchise...I mean James Bond still have new adventures. Georges Miller gave a second life to the Mad Max franchise.

It is possible to make another movie with a new actors. Everybody thought nobody can match Jack Nicholson's Joker.... Big mistake, Mark Hamill did an awesome job as the voice, Heath Ledger changed forever the face of that character, and Cameron Monaghan did also an awesome Job in Gotham. They're all worthy of the character. You need to cast the RIGHT actor to play the role, someone who could bring that character to another level....Jared Leto also prove it because it was a big mistake. ;)

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart
In all fairness, they already tried that before AvED. Didn't exactly work.

Yeah, in my opinion the remake took it a Little to far with being gritty. It lacks the zanyness of evil that is integral part of the original movies. AvEV was on the other side of the spectrum. Turning the crazyness up to eleven but without real lasting dangers or consequences for the main characters.

DeathLivesAgain

Loud Mouth Braggart
I think it's a bit ridiculous saying the series needed to be more like this video, when all this video is doing is showing you what was in that exact series. You just weren't paying attention if you didn't see it.

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart
I think it's a bit ridiculous saying the series needed to be more like this video, when all this video is doing is showing you what was in that exact series. You just weren't paying attention if you didn't see it.

Nah, sorry but that's nonsense. The Video above took tiny bits of visuals and audio snippets to create an atmosphere that is very intriguing but has nothing to do with the narrative tone the show had for 95% of its runtime.

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member

Surtur

Loud Mouth Braggart
You're talking about the Fede Alvarez movie. Personnally I'm more into giving a James Bond treatment to a franchise...I mean James Bond still have new adventures. Georges Miller gave a second life to the Mad Max franchise.

It is possible to make another movie with a new actors. Everybody thought nobody can match Jack Nicholson's Joker.... Big mistake, Mark Hamill did an awesome job as the voice, Heath Ledger changed forever the face of that character, and Cameron Monaghan did also an awesome Job in Gotham. They're all worthy of the character. You need to cast the RIGHT actor to play the role, someone who could bring that character to another level....Jared Leto also prove it because it was a big mistake. ;)

I think the difference there being that the Joker was already a character brought to film, and aside from voice appearances, nobody has ever repeated the role twice. Similar to Batman, where we have had I think 6 different actors portray him in live action, but it’s more about the character himself. Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi invented Ash and he is quite the rarity of a horror character who has never been recast. No matter what comes out of the Evil Dead universe in the future I will try and support it, but my personal opinion lies with all I really want to see at this point is Bruce Campbell as Ash in live action, in the future, as Evil Dead 4 and not season 4.

Kevin

Loud Mouth Braggart
Looks like it's a repackaged version of the regular season releases. For the most part probably something that can be skipped for those who already own the individual releases. As a mega fan like myself, I may double dip when the price goes way down just to have a complete collection set but even that's a big maybe.

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
They didn't put much love into this release....Look awful : Horrible photoshop patchwork and a ugly bobble head with repackaged disc set...How great is that?

What about putting a little note book (the necronomicon) with production notes and production still? Something worty...

DeathLivesAgain

Loud Mouth Braggart
They didn't put much love into this release....Look awful : Horrible photoshop patchwork and a ugly bobble head with repackaged disc set...How great is that?

What about putting a little note book (the necronomicon) with production notes and production still? Something worty...

The proper thing to do would be to have had a Necronomicon release (the TV version Necronomicon) as the case holding the discs like they did with the first two films long ago.

Sutter Cane

Spinach Chin
The proper thing to do would be to have had a Necronomicon release (the TV version Necronomicon) as the case holding the discs like they did with the first two films long ago.

Totally agree, but since it's just a "Best Buy exclusive" I didn't expect that much than a goodies that came along the series.

A Necronomicon version of the series would be a "must buy" for me & many collectors. They can take my money anytime with that kind of release....Not with that 1$ store bobble head...

Top Bottom