Bruce Campbell & Evil Dead Casts Memorabilia and Autograph

Nice Photo!

Can't wait to see the autographed item!

Ah, well, that's gonna be a let down as it was simply a AoD photo I had signed.

I was going to have a piece of memorabilia signed but DVD's/Blu-Rays age over time, my figures are all out of their boxes on the shelf, the signature would wear off of the cloth of the puppet, the board game (still) isn't out yet and he refuses to sign Dynamite comics (which is a shame as I took Freddy vs Jason vs Ash which already had been signed by Robert Englund). So after all of that I settled on something I could frame next to the photo and above all my other merch.View attachment 96
 
Thats awesome have "guy" as the inscription!

Ah, well, that's gonna be a let down as it was simply a AoD photo I had signed.

I was going to have a piece of memorabilia signed but DVD's/Blu-Rays age over time, my figures are all out of their boxes on the shelf, the signature would wear off of the cloth of the puppet, the board game (still) isn't out yet and he refuses to sign Dynamite comics (which is a shame as I took Freddy vs Jason vs Ash which already had been signed by Robert Englund). So after all of that I settled on something I could frame next to the photo and above all my other merch.View attachment 96
 
I was going to have a piece of memorabilia signed but DVD's/Blu-Rays age over time, my figures are all out of their boxes on the shelf, the signature would wear off of the cloth of the puppet, the board game (still) isn't out yet and he refuses to sign Dynamite comics (which is a shame as I took Freddy vs Jason vs Ash which already had been signed by Robert Englund). So after all of that I settled on something I could frame next to the photo and above all my other merch.

Ooh, next time take your Freddy vs Jason vs Ash comic; it's published by Dark Horse, and Bruce will gladly sign Dark Horse comics since he has a deal with the company.
 
Ah I was told my those I paid for the autograph from that specifically he wouldn't as it's also Dynamite comics



Interestingly Robert Englund actually mentioned that Bruce wouldn't sign these when I met Robert about 9 years ago, I just assumed he'd gotten his facts mixed up or that the decade in-between would make a difference. Apparently not.

I hope he doesn't sign them, as fickle as something like that is I'm going to go apeshit bananas if I know I could have had both Ash and Freddy sign the comic and I missed that opportunity. This is the first time Bruce has been to the UK in ten years, I can't see it happening again anytime soon :(
 
Interestingly Robert Englund actually mentioned that Bruce wouldn't sign these when I met Robert about 9 years ago, I just assumed he'd gotten his facts mixed up or that the decade in-between would make a difference. Apparently not.

I hope he doesn't sign them, as fickle as something like that is I'm going to go apeshit bananas if I know I could have had both Ash and Freddy sign the comic and I missed that opportunity. This is the first time Bruce has been to the UK in ten years, I can't see it happening again anytime soon

Huh! That's definitely the Dark Horse release of the comic; Dynamite never published the Freddy/Jason/Ash comics, though they did publish a Marvel Zombies/AOD crossover that Bruce initially endorsed along with about the first half of the first run of AOD comics (He actually signed the John Bolton illustrated AOD retelling for a limited hard cover edition). I don't know what happened in the intervening years but yep, you're right with that info - he's refused to sign Dynamite comics in person and has something of a grudge against the license, which i think has been renewed by Universal or the DeLaurentis Company without Sam/Rob/Bruce's permission. It could be the same reason he doesn't endorse Telltale Game's Poker Night 2 and doesn't voice Ash in it - the license and character rights were negotiated and managed by Universal without his consent.

Dark Horse published the two F/J/A series, The John Bolton illustrated Evil Dead retelling (which was done with Sam Raimi's direct cooperation and blessing) and a My Name is Bruce comic book. I know Bruce had a deal with them (Even wrote at least one comic for them) and I also know he met the new co-head runner of AvED through Dark Horse, which is how he got the guy to co-write MNIB the movie. I know of people who've managed to get all three signed at conventions without problem.

But Bruce does have a tendency to mix up the Dynamite and the Dark Horse stuff, or presume that certain covers and comics are Dynamite when they're not - or presume that blow-ups of comic cover art are just art prints (that's how I got one of my favorite Dynamite comics covers signed by him). It's really a mixed bag sometimes, and a crapshoot as to what he really will sign and will not sign.

(Sidenote: RE is one of the coolest guys on the planet, I hope you had fun meeting him!)
 
All I know is that the girl in charge saw the Dynamite logo on the cover....

View attachment 98

...and basically went "yeah...nahhhh" and considering that matched up with the story Robert told me about literally the same comic book I just took her at her word.

Robert was the first celeb I ever met. He's an incredible joy to talk to/take photos with, I ended up getting a second autograph with him the following day just so I could shoot the shit with him for another afternoon.
 
Huh, I double-checked after you posted that and you are indeed right; the comics are co-published by DC Comics and Dynamite. I'd always believed it was Dark Horse's thing, since Dynamite never really publicized the comic on their website.

It's really weird; I always thought it was published independently but nope! And Bruce has had a tendency to sign FVJVA stuff before, so it's all confusing. Sorry about that!

I'm glad he was wonderful to you!
 
As previously mentioned, times had change and there are rules and business side consideration when obtaining an autograph.

Sorry to hear he did not signed the Dynamite Comics. I think there are legal contractual agreement with Dark Horse that he is only allowed to sign Dark Horse (or its sister affiliate) brand of comics.
 
I met bruce at a book signing in tempe az many years ago. there was a LONG line for him. funny story, TRUE story...I had attended a berlin concert not long before that and got the band members to sign their latest cd jacket. lo and behold, a few people ahead of me in line to get bruce's book signed was the guitar player for berlin. how bout that?
 
Top Bottom