Bruce Campbell Teases That an “Ash vs. Evil Dead” Animated Series Is Being Discussed

Kevin

Loud Mouth Braggart
I'm interested IF the quality is there. I want the love and attention the franchise deserves and not some crappy writers and shit animation. If the quality is there then I think this could be a lot of fun. So if it happens, I'll definitely support it if it looks and feels like an authentic Evil Dead experience. I would want as many seasons as we can get so long as it gets a series conclusion.

Ryan W.

Loud Mouth Braggart
Yeah, do it until Bruce gets to old or doesn't want to or both, then give it a good closing story, and pass the torch to the Rise movie cast somehow (if they're the same continuity).

Joem1k

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Here's a bit of a update on this situation. Seems like they are getting the ball rolling on it, but we'll see how it goes in the long run. I wish them all the luck in the world in getting this off the ground and we hopefully get to see a proper conclusion to Ash's story this time.

While Campbell has officially retired his iconic Ash Williams character on screen, an animated Evil Dead continuation series is still in the early stages of development. “All I can say is we’re actively pursuing it. Sam’s a busy guy. He had a big hit movie, so he’s got a lot on his plate, but he and his brother are actively shaping out the world. It’s one thing to get an animator and say, ‘Hey, animate this!’ You’ve got to know what you’re going to animate. I look forward to it, because my voice hasn’t aged as much as I have.”

Source : https://bloody-disgusting.com/inter...ntial-animated-ash-williams-return-exclusive/

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart
Bruce Campbell said it'd take awhile to get to doing the cartoon, as Sam Raimi's got a lot of other things on his plate right now. Can anyone guess how long it'll take until they make the animated continuation?
Do you want a response in years or decades? I try not to care about any hot project Bruce announces until there is more evidence for its existence than fantasy or fan teasing, especially if its ED related …

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Nevermind.

Nevermind is a damn good album, but I digress because animating it will take a while no matter who ends up being involved in such a project if it comes to fruition. My guess is that if Evil Dead Rise does close to what Evil Dead 2013 did (or surpasses it) there will inevitably be more movies, and that will take priority over everything else. Current interviews making the rounds include Bruce doing the old if Sam comes back to direct I will consider reprising the role of Ash routine.

Last edited:

Ryan W.

Loud Mouth Braggart
I apologize for my post. It seemed harmless at first, but was actually not good to ask. I also apologize for my second post, as it just made things worse.

Please accept my apologies.

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
It's 100 percent OK, and there's nothing to apologize for! Honestly, it's an OK thing to speculate at this point, since Bruce is talking about it a lot and it's becoming more and more of a thing. I think some folks are just exhausted of Bruce promising us continuations and then he backs off or they go nowhere.

At the moment I think it's in the cards. One of those things we have to keep our eyes out for!

Ryan W.

Loud Mouth Braggart
It's 100 percent OK, and there's nothing to apologize for! Honestly, it's an OK thing to speculate at this point, since Bruce is talking about it a lot and it's becoming more and more of a thing. I think some folks are just exhausted of Bruce promising us continuations and then he backs off or they go nowhere.

At the moment I think it's in the cards. One of those things we have to keep our eyes out for!

Thanks. :)

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
I apologize for my post. It seemed harmless at first, but was actually not good to ask. I also apologize for my second post, as it just made things worse.

You just keep being you, and there are a lot of good conversations to be had since this next handful of years could end up as the most active periods ever when it comes to Evil Dead related projects.

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart

I am sorry if my response seemed rude. No need to apologize from your side. I am just annoyed by the way Bruce often hypes up projects that never really realize.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Everyone's cool, it's all all good!

Ryan W.

Loud Mouth Braggart
Thanks, all of you. Also, um, has anyone else seen these? I just found them earlier today:

Does this mean no cartoon now?

Last edited:

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
I don't think it should effect things, since doing an animated show would be a whole different discipline.

Surtur

Loud Mouth Braggart
At this point, I would like an Evil Dead 4 above anything else if Bruce is willing to come back. I know people have mixed feelings about combining the three universes, but at this point, why not go bold? It's not like Army of Darkness wasn't a leap of an idea at the time, and joining all the storylines is basically what the game has done for us. Whatever happens, I have maintained for five years since the show's cancellation that we deserve a proper film conclusion. Ash wouldn't even need to do all the action this time around with so many others around. He could settle into the leader role developed in season 3 and let the younger guys and gals take the beatings.

Ultimately though, I will take anything Evil Dead and do my best to support. The game has its problems, but I love it all the same and play often. This franchise is amazing because of its refusal to die when all hope seems lost and sometimes I sit back and appreciate the beauty of Saber getting all the IPs to cooperate. Thus, if a cartoon is what we get, then I will watch and support to make sure we get as much Evil Dead as possible in my lifetime.

Just think back to how bleak things felt as a fan in the late 90s. Rumors and endless hoping, followed by a few decent video games and comics to hold us over. Regardless of how anyone feels about the standalone (for now) films, the 2013 brought tremendous exposure back to the franchise and I hope ED:R does the same.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
It's very odd that they're pulling it right before Rise comes out. Wonder if the whole thing will show up ? I know Starz probably still has it on their platform.

DeathLivesAgain

Loud Mouth Braggart
It's very odd that they're pulling it right before Rise comes out. Wonder if the whole thing will show up ? I know Starz probably still has it on their platform.
It's going off of Netflix because Lionsgate (whom owns Starz and is the real reason the show ended) is "spinning off" Starz into its own section/sub-company. So deals/contracts are ending and they're making new ones. Ultimately, the goal is to make Starz appealing so that a big studio (like Netflix, Amazon, or Disney) will buy it and the enormous library of movies it holds.

I think if there's any chance for a proper live-action Season 4, its going to be decided by the new owners of Starz when that sale eventually happens.

I'm hoping for Netflix to buy Starz because they had the Ash Vs Evil Dead reruns that were treated by most people as a new show in its first run (because they had no idea about Starz and that the show was long-canceled). Netflix had great numbers for Ash Vs Evil Dead and likely would have made Season 4 if Starz/Lionsgate allowed them to do so (but Starz, aka Lionsgate, won't let a competitor solely profit/own it because it would be helping the competitor, in the future, with no cut for themselves, besides the obvious initial selling of the property to that competitor).

Top Bottom