Everyone can relax, I found the car!

Yeah, my car has a massive 455 in it.  I've never raced in it.  I'm really babying this thing, although I'm sure it could burn rubber if it needed to.

Are you going to turn your car into a Ash replica?

If you already have the white top, all you need is the yellow body.

Raimi's car is such an easy replica to make, if you have the right make, model, and year olds.

It's not like you're building a Delorean Time Machine replica or Ghostbusters car.

In my case, I just need the yellow paint job now.  The tape recorder and Evil Dead props that I have are just a bonus, to display at shows and whatnot.

I've started taking off the trim, hopefully I can get it painted next week...
 
Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see the finished baby  8)

.. how does it handle on the road? ..
 
Blaster link said:
Yeah, my car has a massive 455 in it.  I've never raced in it.  I'm really babying this thing, although I'm sure it could burn rubber if it needed to.

Are you going to turn your car into a Ash replica?

If you already have the white top, all you need is the yellow body.

Raimi's car is such an easy replica to make, if you have the right make, model, and year olds.

It's not like you're building a Delorean Time Machine replica or Ghostbusters car.

In my case, I just need the yellow paint job now.  The tape recorder and Evil Dead props that I have are just a bonus, to display at shows and whatnot.

I've started taking off the trim, hopefully I can get it painted next week...

thats the colar im talkin about its already identicle or i mean it was till i got drunk and ran it into a tree it still runs and the wife needed a car so its hers now. it took forever to find a replacement front clip, she had to drive it to school everyone laughed at her because it had no front clip at least til i did a 180 in the parking lot in it. but yeah it looks like ashes car i diddnt buy it for that i bought it because we needed a family car
 
Update:

cartrim003a.jpg


All the trim is off.

cartrim004a.jpg


cartrim005a.jpg


The car is ready to paint.  It will be sent off later this weekend.

Can't wait to get rid of that slime green paint job...
 
i used to own a 48 packard that color  :D met my wife in that packard, also got hammered and ran it off in a valley and totalled the grill and clip drove it back out.
 
metalpaint.jpg


metalpaint2.jpg


metalpaint3.jpg


metalpaint4.jpg


90% stripped down.  It should be ready to Primer tomorrow.  Top Coat and clear coat by this weekend.
 
Congrats on getting the tape player. If it starts to say things from the book you better hit the gas and see just how fast your car will go!  8)
 
i sold my delta 88 here a few weeks ago because the wife found a truck just like in twilight cept it green, she made me buy it for her, wait til she finds out im puttin a 454 big block in it  :o
 
some current progress:

73paint005a.jpg


73paint004a.jpg


73paint003a.jpg


It still needs a few more coats of paint but it's getting there.  Been having alotta rain around my neck of the woods and it's been slowing down progress.  If the weather stays sunny this weekend, I could have it done by Sunday.
 
73donecar005a.jpg


73donecar004a.jpg


73donecar003a.jpg


73donecar002a.jpg


73donecar001a.jpg


Just about done.  Got two more pieces of trim to put on and some windows to tint and it's good to go.
 
eViL DeAdiTe link said:
:o  it's.....  it's.....  it's glorious!!   :o

I absolutely second that big time!! Gotta say, I'm quite jealous. It's a beauty.
 
Good job! Now you must bang it up a bit to look like the one from the movies lol :P
 
Entered my first ever Car Show today, took home 2nd place in the "custom classic" catagory.

73show3.jpg


73show2.jpg


The car show raised over $100 dollars for "relay for life".  There were about 15-20 cars there.
 
Wow, after all that hard work you're already going to sell it?  :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oldsmobile-Eighty-Eight-sam-raimi-evil-dead-replica-movie-car-1973-oldsmobile-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem41504aba29QQitemZ280519948841QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks
 
Top Bottom