Everyone can relax, I found the car!

how much do you want the wife needs a nicer one plus hers would make god parts for yours
 
73 olds update:

Got some news to share in relation to my car.  About the ebay thing.  I was just seeing if there were any ED fans out there that would like to have a chance of owning "the" car.  I'll let her go for 6K, she's worth that much.  But I still have it. 

I just got back from a car show in New Castle, IN today and entered the car there.  It was a MASSIVE car show, 150+ cars.  Really nice 20K - 30K 40s and 50s hot rods.  I just finished a new ED car display and put it next to the car.  I had my usual movie poster and stand.  But this time I had my Homelite Chainsaw prop, Book of the Dead, and double barrel shotgun prop displayed with the poster.  I was in a little spot back behind some venders and set up shop there.  Alot of people looked at the car and display as they passed by.  But I was joking with some family members that where there with me and said, "I bet there isn't a single person in this show that has seen Evil Dead".  They hadn’t either. 

So, long story short.  The awards are being handed out.  50+ trophies have been handed out.  They're down to the last two.  Best of Show and DJ's choice.  The DJ picks up the mic and says.  Now for the DJ's choice award, I have two things to say about this car...one it's got a Kentucky license plate.

I was shocked.  I had a KY plate (I had switched out the Michigan plate for my regular one, forgot to change it back for the show).  The DJ said the second thing about this car was that his mom had one JUST like it when he was younger and he drove it on few trips without her knowing.  And that it was a more gold color then mine.

Immediately I knew he was talking about me and I started walking forward towards the stand.  He called out number#147, 1973 olds Delta 88 and I got my trophy.  After the picture, the lady handing out the awards leans over and says, “It’s my favorite movie.”

Wow.  Just wow.  Amazing.

So I’m 2 for 2.  This car is winning awards left and right and now…might be in a feature film.  I’m helping with a movie shoot in Chicago this month and there is a chance that this car will be in that movie.  I can’t say anything more about that at this time.  But, if all goes okay, there will be a teaser trailer released soon and my car might be in it.  MIGHT.  I still have to get it to Chicago and even then it’s a 50/50 thing.  I can tell everyone right now that it is NOT Evil Dead 4.  I don’t even want to go down that road, haha.

So I’ll keep this thread updated with more news and pictures as they happen.  The pictures from today’s car show haven’t developed yet and I’ll post them when I have them.

Until next update.

Groovy!
 
Congratulations man! After all that hard work, it's well deserved. Good luck on the feature film!
 
Wow. I'm happy to see that everything came together rather nicely since the last time I checked up on it. I would be driving that car all over the place and wouldn't sell it to anyone, especially after all the work you put into it. You might regret it in the end.
 
Nice man! What's the plan for this car? Are you going to turn it into the Ectomobile?
 
Both cars are being used for a movie project I am working on.  I'm still in the process of getting the planning down, but it's Evil Dead related.  I believe that I have found an actor to play as ash.

The hearse has been giving me fits lately.  Hopefully it can survive until summer when I plan to roll cameras.  It needs some work, but overall, it's really nice considering it's age.

Here are shots of my ash costumes, both I have been working on and off for years.  Adding details here and there.  I only really finished the S-MART ASH a few weeks ago.  Which is kinda sad, considering that I had bought and restored the 73 olds before finishing such a simple costume.

Enjoy.

ash1.jpg


ash3.jpg


smartash1.jpg


smartash3.jpg
 
Amazing costumes!! I see you used the "metal hand" from the Bump in the Night Productions Medieval Ash costume.
 
Started shooting last week.  Hopefully I can finish before June is out.  Got lots of cool shots with the car and got to play with my new camera car mount.

cartest12.jpg


cartest8.jpg


cartest7.jpg


cartest6.jpg


cartest5.jpg


cartest3.jpg


got to use the hearse alittle bit.  It was in another scene.

until next update....
 
Just a small update.

newcar4.jpg


carnew4.jpg


newcar1.jpg


newcar2.jpg


carnew1.jpg


carnew3.jpg


Finished shooting last month and got all my shots in for the movie.

Now it's down to editing and putting in SFX.

I've sold the car and now have the last of my Evil Dead items up for sale.

EVIL DEAD COLLECTION SALE

The movie is going to be awesome, lots of surprises in store for everyone!
 
Thanks for the update! I can't believe you sold the car  :'(
 
ehh...not really.  The guy I sold it too reverted the car back into it's "pre-raimi" condition.  By putting on different trim packages and hubcaps.  He didn't want any of the EVIL DEAD props that came with the car...he just wanted the car for being "a car".

But he did fix the radio and the car now has AC...or so I'm told.  Which is AWESOME.  I don't know how many times on a long distance road trip I wanted to listen to the radio but couldn't.  And during filming this summer, over 100+ degrees a cold AC would have made things much, much, MUCH easier to film.

I do have another car to replace that one...

thecar.jpg


1976 cougar

I love 70s big blocks...if you couldn't tell... 8)
 
****THREAD BUMP****

Hey all, Blaster here.  I thought I would drop by and update this thread with new info.  I've been very busy for over a year and here's why...

newlimo4.jpg


newlimo3.jpg


ectos10.jpg


ectos9.jpg


ectos3.jpg


ectos5.jpg


doomcollection.jpg


KO.jpg


mort6.jpg


monkset4.jpg


mort10.jpg


bpolice.jpg


dagirls2.jpg


shooting.jpg


gstage1.jpg


interview.jpg


The feature film I started shooting almost 2 years ago is about a month away from being finished!!

The real reason I bought and restored my 73 olds "classic" project was to feature it in my movie as a homage to Evil Dead.  All I need to do is shoot one last scene and my movie is done.  If everything goes okay, I will be done with principal shooting by the end of August with sound and music completed by the end of September.  With a potentual release date of October, November 2012.

I've come such a long way since I first starting shooting this movie...it's really going to kick serious @$$ when it premieres.

I will continue to keep everyone updated here on my movie as there are several EVIL DEAD references in my movie to tide over the most die hard fan.

For all info, pictures and contact info...besure to check out:

www.papercut2.com

It's not much right now, as a website, but in the next few months it will be fully fleshed out.

Until next update!!

Blaster
 
That is great news! Film-making is no easy task. With the amount of time it has taken you to make it, that's another way you could probably relate to The Evil Dead, with the grueling story of how long it took to be made.

Good luck and looking forward to your next update!
 
Own your own Oldsmobile Delta '88 for $9,500. Not the exact same model as Raimi's but still cool nonetheless.

 
Last edited:
Top Bottom