Evil Dead 2 Extended Cut German Blu-ray

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
Joined
Jun 11, 2015
Location
NYC
Looks like the Germans are releasing an extended cut of Evil Dead 2 on Blu-ray with Necronomicon packaging (without Tom Sullivan's permission):

In cooperation with Studio Canal brings BMV Medie s in September to match the home theater release of the 2013er remake Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 (1987) in a 25th Anniversary Edition on Blu-ray.

This will involve 3-disc set with two Blu-rays and a DVD. Each on Blu-ray and DVD, there will be a new remastered version of the theatrical version. On the second Blu-ray is a first time officially extended cut of the film released, there has been the only bootleg. For this purpose, the new scenes were added to the theatrical version, so do not have the same quality. For fans certainly interesting as an extra. Just as the new and extensive bonus material and packaging in the style of the Necronomicon. More soon from BMV media .
http://goo.gl/qdl74
 
What the hell? How can they get away with this? Tom is already on it and is going to give them a hard time I'm sure. It's rather ridiculous how common German companies do this shit.
 
Elise41 link said:
What the hell? How can they get away with this? Tom is already on it and is going to give them a hard time I'm sure. It's rather ridiculous how common German companies do this shit.

The packaging is described as 'in the style of' .... maybe Tom has no copyright over this unless the design is too similar to his. I've noticed since McFarlanegate that figures since released have all included a more AOD looking book, including Necca's recent Possesed Ash 7" figure for their Evil Dead 2 range.
 
I think the likelihood of Tom taking legal action in Germany is very limited, I don't doubt he'll contact them though. He used to be hot off the mark with anything like that, but of late that doesn't seem to be the case, as there are far more Necronomicon style replicas available on Ebay now that there ever was in the past. Within the US, Tom could take all the legal action he wanted, but practically that would achieve nothing, the company isn't in the US, nor are it's employees, and they're not going to be sold in any US stores, just German ones (although people can order them from Germany for export) so there are no sanctions that a US court could levy that would have any effect whatsoever.

I'm surprised that Studio Canal would throw in their lot with a company doing something unofficial in that way though, I guess that said I don't know if they have been in contact with Tom, for all I know it may be offical? Won't be the first German Book Of The Dead packaged DVD, there was one from CMV Laservision in 2001
 
Tom is currently trying to contact them right now and he's quite displeased with it. I know this simply by being "friends" with him on Facebook. While I do agree that there are more Necronomicon items now more than ever (especially on eBay and Etsy) I think a packaged Blu-ray/DVD is a much worse offender. It'll be interesting to see if Tom gives any updates on the situation. The market is so flooded now that he really can't stop everyone from selling their products online anymore but I do see mass market items, especially a packaged Blu-ray/DVD set to be different. This also explains why the book with the Possessed Ash NECA figure is the wrong book.
 
This discussion/argument goes back even further than that to when his book was used without permission in Friday the 13th Pt 8 and also Pumpkinhead AKA Vengence-The Demon  .. Pat Reese owns/owned a letter of apology to Tom from Sam Raimi about that ... the McFarlane Movie Maniacs Ash toy was the last straw that prompted Tom to take action. Other than that, he's always been enthusiastic and proactively supportive towards fans reinterpreting his book sculpt .... he's definitely not a dick on that level ..
 
What extended cut? Have they found Greg Nic's Lost footage or are they just using the scenes on the Behind The Scream Doc? Confusing.
 
Well it could be extra footage from the Mexican TV cut for all we know. They're definitely not specific.
 
Kain link said:
[quote author=Swofty link=topic=1069.msg7426#msg7426 date=1370025022]
Evil Dead 2 Deleted Scenes Part 1

.... the bit where he chokes on the free cereal box toy  :laughing

Blocked in the US WTF?!
[/quote]

That's uploaded by an online friend of mine from Australia. I'm confused as to why it'd be blocked for you guys. It plays fine here in Canada too. I'm used to everything being blocked here.
 
I could be wrong but I seem to remember this footage was already uploaded prior to your Australian friend's upload date (feb '12) ... hopefully it's somewhere else on youtube though I've just tried to re-find it and can't ..  :sad ....
 
Elise41 link said:
The Mexican TV cut was uploaded by "drwhoreturns" with the exception of on part of the film that is around 10 minutes long where Ash puts Deadite Linda's head in the vice. Another account however has uploaded bits of that part this February though.

http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCym4dHSq73aODBbn20EGFHw
Thanks Elise, and .... a 10 min long bit of Ash putting Linda's head in the vice?!! ..I've never seen that?!
 
I admit I'm slightly thrilled by the notion of having all of those little extra tidbits from the Mexican TV edit in HQ, but ugh, another boot.  I keep hoping they'll show up as deleted scenes on some official edition, but the 25th anniversary release came and went and nada.
 
I'm still geting over video being phased out .. welcome to the club .. it means you're getting old  :bigsmile
 
If those are the clips they will be using, I hope they can edit Sam out of them saying action haha!
 
Top Bottom