Evil Dead Figures Thread

Toy Fair photos from Toyark:

NYTF25-Trick-or-Treat-Booth-085.jpg
NYTF25-Trick-or-Treat-Booth-086.jpg
NYTF25-Trick-or-Treat-Booth-087.jpg
NYTF25-Trick-or-Treat-Booth-088.jpg
NYTF25-Trick-or-Treat-Booth-089.jpg
 
I never really like any of Trick or Treat's licensed stuff. They always seem off for some reason.
 
I hope you're laughing with me mate? .. look at it! .. nice paint job on the demon itself and the horns are also good, someone's put love and effort into that but then the shield just looks like a milk bottle foil top or someone's done a flyby spray with a silver aerosol can :p lol. The metal paint job is way too shiny.
 
Last edited:
Remember that Syndicate Collectibles AOD Ash/The Pit statue that was announced all the way back in 2023? They're finally shipping them out.
 
NECA's The Evil Dead Ultimate Ash and Cheryl 2-pack is finally hitting store shelves RIGHT NOW! Check your local Walmarts, Targets, or wherever you find NECA stuff, or buy them directly online!
While I have not procured the figures for myself (yet), we've got some nice HD pics of the packaging, which I have some thoughts on...

1: It's a shame that it doesn't use the Graham Humphreys artwork like the the Evil Dead 2 Ash and Evil Ed 2-pack did. This artwork for the cabin is a tad bit too dark, not really eye-catching for a potential buyer who didn't know what Evil Dead was.
2: Meanwhile on the back of the box, there's something unusual. The little text blub describing the plot of the movie actually uses the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis name. In most (if not all) merch based on ED1, they either use the Naturom Demonto name or just call it "The Book of The Dead" (like we just saw with the Fright Rags trading cards). I wonder if the licensing deal with StudioCanal means they can use "Necronomicon" to refer to the ED1 incarnation of the book (but since this was in the works before that deal was finalized, it could just be a mistake on NECA's part).
ezgif-535fd74f2d0774.jpgezgif-53442033033d7e.jpg
 
A guy who used to work at Palisades Toys just posted these pictures of a scrapped skeletal Evil Ash prototype figure from the second series of AOD figures.
You might remember that the Army of Darkness figures that Palisades made back in the aughts started out as 2-packs on blister clamshells. Series 2 was planned to be the same scenario. Somewhere in the middle of developing that second series we got a request from those doing the selling to switch to single unit blind box packaging. There were a few figural casualties when that occurred, one showcasing Ash and Evil Ash in their ‘final battle’ look. Here’s the Evil Ash from that set. The first image is the 3.75 inch version, which is essentially new armor on an existing skeleton figure with a new head. The second image is of the original paint master by @jerrymacalusoart back when he was the king of SOTA Toys. That one was around 8 inches tall.
488057285_18455966518075807_392322534639062222_n.jpeg489422063_18455966527075807_1831346592097615125_n.jpeg

EDIT: So, just out of pure curiosity, I reached out to this guy, and asked if there were any plans for Sheila (since for some strange reason, she gets left out of a lot of merch), or if there were problems with getting Embeth Davidtz's likeness or something, and he said this:
I did a quick mock up with the Deadite version of her in the concept phase but for the second series I didn’t really have the budget to tool her. There were no likeness issues at all with that license.
So I guess when you get the AOD license, you can use all the actor likenesses no problem. Interesting!
 
Last edited:
So, in doing a little more digging, I found out that there were a lot more AOD 8-inch figures that Palisades Toys were planning on making, and this toy collector apparently has the complete set of the only known completed figures:
So that guy who worked at Palisades back in the day posted photos of a Deadite Centurion, and I took the opportunity to ask him about the eight inch figures in the previously posted video above. He said that this isn't the complete set, that this collector is missing the Ash figures. Apparently all the variants of Ash (classic, knight, S-Mart, ect.) had an eight inch counterpart because they were the ones used as prototypes/references when creating the smaller three inch figures that were mass produced. So somewhere out there in the world are several one of a kind eight inch Ash figures...
 
More AOD stuff from the former Palisades guy. The prototype Pit Deadite:
Interesting side note. This figure’s basic body was originally intended for Shiela. I have a text sheet that lays out each body type and what variations can be built from the same body with add-on pieces. The first line I could really experiment with a process like that. After the Series 2 2-packs were canceled and the line switched to blind box packaging a lot of the plans got sidetracked.
 
I know this is a bit of a late review but I finally got around to buying the NECA ULTIMATE ASH figure last month. The first Ash I ever bought was the McFarlane Ash back in the day and every other Ash I've bought since then have been fun but predictably heroic looking. I've been waiting for decades for someone to make an Evil Dead 1 Ash. I was a bit late to get it so I ended up having to pay around £50.

The facial sculpt is incredible, by far the best Bruce Campbell looking one. I've unboxed this one and he's currently standing in front of my Palace Pictures VHS tapes holding his Dietz No 2 lantern and looking suitably scared. If they can make a Scotty, Cheryl and Linda as good as this, I'll definitely be buying them.
 
The former Palisades guy dropping more AOD goodies with mock-ups of how the second series of figures were going to be in the previously used 2-pack format before they switched to blind boxes.
 
Looks like this Evil Dead 2 Ash figure from MINIX flew under our radar:
61wJR3Ld9yL._AC_SX679_.jpg
61W9sBWvV6L._AC_SX679_.jpg
51OkRNg2JQL._AC_SX679_.jpg
61IRQdNiIjL._AC_SY879_.jpg
51b+40mqAmL._AC_SX679_.jpg
514H1C8gfoL._AC_SX679_.jpg

So far, the figure seems to be only available for pre-order in the UK and Australia.
 
Last edited:
Looks like this Evil Dead 2 Ash figure from MINIX flew under our radar:
61wJR3Ld9yL._AC_SX679_.jpg
61W9sBWvV6L._AC_SX679_.jpg
51OkRNg2JQL._AC_SX679_.jpg
61IRQdNiIjL._AC_SY879_.jpg
51b+40mqAmL._AC_SX679_.jpg
514H1C8gfoL._AC_SX679_.jpg

So far, the figure seems to be only available for pre-order in the UK and Australia.
Just saw this one on FB, also was going to ask of somebody knew something about it. Thanks for the info
 
Top Bottom