Evil Dead In Concert

Today kicks off the 2025 Evil Dead In Concert tour with stop #1 in Buffalo, New York!
 
I'm seeing Evil Dead in Concert next Wednesday in NYC!
You'll have to report back on how it goes! I've still got a few weeks away from the show I'm attending, but I really wish I was going to the LA ones and see what the "immersive" deal is.
 
Someone on Reddit went to the first show in Buffalo. Confirmed that it was indeed the Nightmare Reimagined score. There's an overture and "15 minute intermission about an hour in."

Dk0JN5B.jpeg

Also, I guess that cabin wall set-up the head Black Ink guy mentioned is only going to be for LA, because I sure don't see it here...
 
I went to see Evil Dead in Concert in NYC last night. It was alright. The Evil Dead was presented in the original 1:33:1 aspect ratio. The screen was small! The small orchestra played sparingly throughout the film. Their accompaniment made some scenes more dramatic than needed, sometimes drowning out a lot of sound effects. I did hear a lot of ambient sounds, though I don’t remember hearing them while watching the movie over the years. My only complaints were that they had these lights (seen in the photos below) on the sides that would pulse during certain scenes. They were totally unnecessary and blinding at times. I also did not like their version of the Charleston jazz track during the projector scene. It was too Kenny G-sounding. Otherwise, it was a neat experience. I'm glad I got to check it out.

ed_concert_01.jpg
ed_concert_02.jpg
 
I went to see Evil Dead in Concert in NYC last night. It was alright. The Evil Dead was presented in the original 1:33:1 aspect ratio. The screen was small! The small orchestra played sparingly throughout the film. Their accompaniment made some scenes more dramatic than needed, sometimes drowning out a lot of sound effects. I did hear a lot of ambient sounds, though I don’t remember hearing them while watching the movie over the years. My only complaints were that they had these lights (seen in the photos below) on the sides that would pulse during certain scenes. They were totally unnecessary and blinding at times. I also did not like their version of the Charleston jazz track during the projector scene. It was too Kenny G-sounding. Otherwise, it was a neat experience. I'm glad I got to check it out.
So where was the intermission I keep hearing about? Like, right in the middle of the movie?
 
So where was the intermission I keep hearing about? Like, right in the middle of the movieSo where was the intermission I keep hearing about? Like, right in the middle of the movie?
Pretty much. Just a short 15-minute break. Nothing too exciting.
 
Pretty much. Just a short 15-minute break. Nothing too exciting.
Did you have a lively crowd? The one review on Reddit said that their theater encouraged "audience participation", but nobody actually did anything and treated it like a normal movie-going experience.
 
Did you have a lively crowd? The one review on Reddit said that their theater encouraged "audience participation", but nobody actually did anything and treated it like a normal movie-going experience.
There was some cheering throughout and laughing during scenes when Scotty was being a dick.
 
Was the theatre full?
Nope. Most of the front to middle orchestra seats where I was sitting were filled up. The left and right sides were empty. There were some people sitting on the balcony section. I read that tickets started around $60. I had comp tickets. I personally feel like $60+ is a hard sell in this economy, even if you're a hardcore Evil Dead fan. The theater would have been packed 10 years ago.
 
Walk-through of the maze and mini-museum at the Los Angeles performances of Evil Dead In Concert:
Some images from Instagram:

 
I'm seeing on Reddit that a couple of the shows have been cancelled, speculating that it is because of low ticket sales.
* Houston, TX
* Reading, PA
* San Francisco, CA
* Seattle, WA
I'm genuinely shocked that Houston, San Fran, and Seattle were cancelled considering those are "major" cities. My show (which isn't wasn't in a major city, but it's close enough to one) had about half the seating filled.
 
I'm seeing on Reddit that a couple of the shows have been cancelled, speculating that it is because of low ticket sales.
* Houston, TX
* Reading, PA
* San Francisco, CA
* Seattle, WA
I'm genuinely shocked that Houston, San Fran, and Seattle were cancelled considering those are "major" cities. My show (which isn't wasn't in a major city, but it's close enough to one) had about half the seating filled.
If that's true, then I guess I can say goodbye to the European tour. :(
 
Some photos and videos of the Concert I found on Facebook:

On one hand it's neat to see how the Concert actually looks like, but on the other if I was in the audience, I'd be very annoyed if somebody had their phone out recording so often.
 
On one hand it's neat to see how the Concert actually looks like, but on the other if I was in the audience, I'd be very annoyed if somebody had their phone out recording so often.
I was very fortunate that I didn't see a single person recording or taking pictures during the concert I attended. I had a balcony seat, so I could look down over the entire lower floor, and I genuinely don't recall seeing any phone lights.
 
Top Bottom