Evil dead laserdisc

oldgame

S-Mart Clerk
Joined
Sep 9, 2013
Has anyone seen the 1985 japanesse laserdisc? Do you think its worth paying over $100 for it. I've heard that the color timing makes it a very creepy experience.
 
It is definitely worth getting and a great addition to any fan's collection. I just sent a link to my friends for one on eBay that sold cheap thanks to the seller not listing it properly and one of my friends won it. I posted a video when I got mine and got quite a few messages asking me where they could purchase theirs. Ever since then, the sites I passed out have been wiped clean of their copies for sale. Now it seems to only be eBay. My only guess at the moment would be to send a message to a page on Facebook called Good Squid, where I acquired mine. There are also a few laserdisc based pages and groups on there and you can always make a post to see if someone has one that they are willing to sell.
 
... Like Elise said, and to add to that, the sound transfer is the best of any official release. $100 and/or over is a bit over priced at the moment though ..
 
Recieved my lasedisk, can't wait to watch. Someone did a brief comparisson with the dvd. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeaLiJVvy1c
 
I watched the Blu-ray and laserdisc last night. The blu-ray picture blows away every other source, and fixing the camera guy by the bridge and the matte lines in the moon make it that much better. The laserdisc with the blueish tint and the not as clear picture like the blu-ray make it a creepier experience. The blu-ray has a 5.1 true hd audio and the laserdisc has a mono track. I'm running a 9.2 systeam and I don't say this often but the mono track just seems to fit this movie better. The 5.1 track really does nothing for this movie. If you want the best of the best go with the blu-ray. If you want to experience this movie like back in the vhs days watch the laserdisc. But you can't go wrong with either one. Also I will never watch the dvd again.
 
Did they digitaly remove the guy (Rob Tapert btw) by the bridge on the blu-ray? ...
 
Yes they covered him up with bushes. You never notice it unless your looking for it.
 
Top Bottom